(Topic ID: 179962)

Value of an old shuffleboard and snooker table?

By taylor34

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stoptap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a grandmother in law who is looking to find out what her old shuffleboard and snooker tables are worth. The shuffleboard table is 20 1/2 feet long (the actual playing surface) from the american shuffleboard company, it's been in her house since 1962 (I don't know if they bought it new or not, but the thing is in really good shape).

The snooker table is from the Brunswick-Balke-Collender-Co, Monarch Cushion. It's a 9ft table I believe. Age on it I don't know, but I would guess, like everything else in her basement, was either bought new in 1962 or was purchased shortly thereafter. It isn't coin op so I'm pretty sure they bought it new.

I attached one picture from the shuffleboard table, my mother in law didn't take pictures of the full items unfortunately, just of the labels.

Anyone have any idea of value? I was guessing a couple thousand for the shuffleboard, maybe $500 for the snooker? Thanks

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Check Craigslist in your area. If there are a lot of free big items - pianos, pool tables, etc. You may have a hard time getting any money for them.

And look at costs to remove, move, and set up again.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

American shuffleboard went out of business in the 1990's, but before that they made some of the best tables out there, resale on these can be fairly high depending the shape of the playfield and the cradle.
For a full size (21 foot) table you could get anywhere from $1500 to $3000 selling it to a business, a brand new one from Champion retails for around 7 to 8 K, or if its in SUBERB condition you might get a bit more to a collector.
I also sold my full size Snooker table for $2500ish about 8 years ago, to buy a new shuffleboard table...
Good luck.

#5 7 years ago

are they in California? I wouldn't mind a snooker table.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Any other thoughts?

That snooker/pool tables are a tough sell in most parts. I paid 250 for a brunswick hawthorne in mint shape a few years ago. It was a 4k table in the late 90s. Typically a lot of billiards tables for sale and not enough buyers interested.

#7 7 years ago

I've been dreaming of owning a 22ft shuffleboard table for over 10 years now! I finally have the proper space for one, but it'll likely be an 18-20ft table. Based on what I've found, moving a large one could be $500 from one local home to another. A walkout basment is almost a necessity for removing / installing a 22' table. I'd say the biggest question mark would be the condition of the playing surface - if refinishing is required, it could get very costly.

#8 7 years ago

snooker is a great game that most kids now have no idea what your talking about . We had a local pool shark who made a living with his cue and driving around hustling game s he once ran 129 point with 147 as a max you could get .He was in his 80's and could drink all day and beat us on his worst day .Not to many tables around they are just to big for a bar or basement and i sure have no idea what its worth but wish i had one

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

snooker is a great game that most kids now have no idea what your talking about . We had a local pool shark who made a living with his cue and driving around hustling game s he once ran 129 point with 147 as a max you could get .He was in his 80's and could drink all day and beat us on his worst day .Not to many tables around they are just to big for a bar or basement and i sure have no idea what its worth but wish i had one

Snooker is a fantastic game but has to really be played on a full size (12 feet x 6 feet) table to appreciate it.
I don't play much anymore but have had a century break in the past.

#10 7 years ago

the condition of the shuffleboard table means alot. any other pics of it?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Snooker is a fantastic game but has to really be played on a full size (12 feet x 6 feet) table to appreciate it.
I don't play much anymore but have had a century break in the past.

100 point run holy cow thats amazing .I think the record in tournament play was 119 .You must be related to Joe Davis {snooker world champ from 1929 - 1946 ] or maybe Hurricane Higgins .I used to love watching those English matches on ESPN it was really big in your neck of the woods back in the 90's Seems like 70 some points was my best but i suck now

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

100 point run holy cow thats amazing .I think the record in tournament play was 119 .You must be related to Joe Davis {snooker world champ from 1929 - 1946 ] or maybe Hurricane Higgins .I used to love watching those English matches on ESPN it was really big in your neck of the woods back in the 90's Seems like 70 some points was my best but i suck now

147 maximum breaks are quite common now in the professional game. If I play for a couple of hours these days I would expect to get a 40 - 50 break.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/value-of-an-old-shuffleboard-and-snooker-table?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.