• Latest reply 9 years ago by twitami
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PC020216.JPG
#1 12 years ago

All there. The board has acid damage but it lights up when turned on. Haven't seen many out there.

Located on Redford Mi.

$150

11 months later
#2 11 years ago

How is the spectra doing? How can you tell the battery damage? Looking at one, if works well I will be all over it.

#3 11 years ago

I had one of these given to me about a month ago. I messed with it a little bit and turned around and gave it to another local pinhead. Kind of a cool concept. If I had the room for it I would have kept it.

#4 11 years ago

There was one of these at TPF last year that was MOSTLY working and the guy had spent quite a bit of time to even get it to that state. I believe there are probably less than 5 known functional examples of this game out there, so if you're ready for an epic project on a really cool machine, this is a good one.

#5 11 years ago

Game was sold (parted out). Read the post and didn't realize it was mine!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from MiSC90:

Cool. Hope it helped someone else with their game. It's really cool.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I believe there are probably less than 5 known functional examples of this game out there, so if you're ready for an epic project on a really cool machine, this is a good one.

The one I had was owned by an electrical engineer that spent considerable time keeping it running over probably 20 years. Electrically it was pretty solid, it needed a couple switch adjustments. I'll have to check with the person I gave it to, it may now be going 100%.

As far as being fully functional, I may not be able to make that claim because the previous owner had hardwired and bypassed the contacts that let you rotate the playfield continuously. It was some kind of ring and contact system that he said was unreliable and it would reset the game when you rotated the playfield. By hardwiring it, you could still rotate the playfield, but you had to be sure to rotate it back to the original position otherwise you'd twist the cords and eventually mess them up.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

The one I had was owned by an electrical engineer that spent considerable time keeping it running over probably 20 years. Electrically it was pretty solid, it needed a couple switch adjustments. I'll have to check with the person I gave it to, it may now be going 100%.
As far as being fully functional, I may not be able to make that claim because the previous owner had hardwired and bypassed the contacts that let you rotate the playfield continuously. It was some kind of ring and contact system that he said was unreliable and it would reset the game when you rotated the playfield. By hardwiring it, you could still rotate the playfield, but you had to be sure to rotate it back to the original position otherwise you'd twist the cords and eventually mess them up.

It went from your driveway to my garage and that's where it's still sitting. Hopefully, as the weather gets a bit nicer, I'll be able to go out and play around with it a bit soon.

#9 11 years ago

There is one near men completely working. I think its like $350

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from MiSC90:

Has it been completely parted out? I just had mine fixed and it's back into working condition but i need the front plastic graphics board because mine is broken. It says 'Rotates manually either direction' on it. I live just outside of Plymouth so maybe I can come and buy it off of you.

4 weeks later
#11 11 years ago

I heard Jim from echo lake sales and service might
Reproduce these boards any body interested

1 year later
#12 9 years ago

I just got a non-working one of these. It is soooo cool looking. Anyone ever get one working?

#13 9 years ago

I think I was the only one that ever had one of these fully working. It was working when I bought it and worked the day I sold it which was like six years later, but then I found out it died for the new owner shortly after he got it home.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

PC020216.JPGPC020216.JPG
#14 9 years ago

Probably the one I just got

Too cool looking not to buy it, even if it never works. i have no tech skills at all, but hoping maybe a few friends can take a stab at it.

#15 9 years ago

Hey Brian, Rusty resurrected his. He's pretty knowledgable about the Spectra IV, so it's well worth reaching out to him:

https://www.facebook.com/SpectraIV

The one I had came from MI, but the previous owner said he bought it NIB, so unless he was fibbing, it's probably not Dayhuff's Spectra IV

#16 9 years ago

Cool, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/valley-spectra-iv-fs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.