image_(resized).jpeg
GAME.jpg
ELVISH.jpg
GOLD.jpg
STERN.jpg
GOMEZ.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG-20130504-00011.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

That's awesome! Welcome to the club!

Enjoy your glory

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I've had mine for 9 years too, and I've never even gotten close to Valinor. I'm tempted to take the glass off and start it. I'll give it one more year...

You'll appreciate it more if you earn it.

If it is too far out of reach on factory, set the game at 10 balls, difficulty to easy, and move the inlanes all the way in (or whatever settings you desire) and at least PLAY the game and achieve it. That way you can say you reached Valinor and NOBODY can take that achievement from you regardless of how the game was set up.

Reaching a wizard mode in a game with the glass on ALWAYS trumps taking the glass off and pressing switches

1 week later
#58 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Congrats to the OP. I was close many times too (once only 1 shot away that was a heartbreaker) before finally nailing it. I remember screaming for the whole family to come watch me play it.
To those trying to achieve it, here are some tips.
1. Learn to shoot the left orbit with precision, it's probably the most important shot in the game. Always try to keep Palantir lit. The add-a-ball is key to help finishing the multiballs. This shot also gets you to POTD to collect souls, which is the inevitable grind you have to do to win ROTK multiball.
<big gap>
2. Try to finish TT multiball in 2 tries. After the third (I think) DTR, you start getting nasty KEEP locks. Better not to have to deal with these when trying to qualify a DTR to start Valinor.3. Try to win at least two modes early to have enough elf gifts without having to play TT too many times. Escape Ringwraiths can be won on it's own. Ents, Shelob, Sauraman, Wargs (IMO that order) are great for stacking with a multiball to win. Getting gifts also earns you an important extra ball to bank.4. Try to keep Gollum multiball lit until you start a multiball (especially ROTK). Shooting this shot even in the grace after you drain to one ball will stack Gollum and keep the multiball alive.5. Ring multiball also allows you to win an extra ball and should be banked.6. Don't waste energy over playing multiballs you've already won or TABA (unless stacked to win a mode). You need the goals not the points.
Valinor mostly comes down to a grind to win ROTK multiball before you either
A. Get too tired. Thirty+ minute intense games get hard to sustain towards the goalB. Have to deal with Nasty KEEP locks to qualify TT multiball for DTR gate to Valinor. It's not impossible by any stretch, but harder when you factor in A. without making mistakes.C. Run out of balls

1. Yes, the left orbit is major. (Don't forget to work toward the 50 tower shots for an extra ball. Extra balls are your friend.)

2. To clarify, DTR attempts have no bearing on the KEEP lock diffculty. It is a function of how many times TTT is played. You could theoretically play TTT all day and never reach DTR.

3. Earn as many gifts as you can. Once you complete the pie and the "gift of the gifts", the extra ball gifts are available again. Remember, extra balls are your friend in LOTR

4. Gollum ball save is a good strategy.

5. Extra balls are still your friend

6. Yes, use any and all mbs with modes if you can. a) it helps work toward TABA which playing it only is necessary for Valinor, b) it helps with gifts which are also required and gifts help with extra balls (did I mention extra balls were your friend?) and once the modes are all played, play them again and use the easy ones to earn more gifts and more extra balls etc. etc. Carefully picking your modes with multiballs is also strategic since the multiball lights trump the mode lights. I suggest memorize shot patterns for modes and pay attention to audio cues.

I've never made it to Valinor in 30 minutes. I think my fastest time is around 45 minutes. Yes every Valinor game is a marathon session. So, LOTR is next to the mini fridge stocked with Mountain Dew

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/valinor?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.