20150420_201032_resized.jpg
20150420_202908_resized.jpg
20150420_201022_resized.jpg
20150101_134405_resized.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago

That's great!

Good job!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm not suggesting I don't believe you, but man that is one hell of a feat to get there in just one week of owning it. If you don't enter tournaments already, you should.

John's IFPA stats show he is a very good player. Also, I doubt this is the first time he has ever played or seen LOTR, but I could be wrong.

2 weeks later
#49 8 years ago

Played the other day and coined the game the Maxwell Smart excuse: "Missed it by that much."

Ball 2 everything is ready to go. Final shot up the ramp to knock the trapped ball out of the ring is a smidge off and it rattles 1/2 way up the ramp, u turns and drains. Back to one ball play and a long way to go.

Ended up with 756 MIL after playing some more with the earned extra balls, but by that point getting back to DTR was a ridiculous grind, especially earning the double Boromir insert to qualify FOTR, and the TTT locks are disappearing left and right. The DTR rule for Valinor is woodchopping to the extreme if you fail to DTR when everything is ready for Valinor.

Final gift total was 13 and a LONG evening. Too bad I couldn't trade in a gift or two for a mulligan shot on that ramp

1 week later
#55 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Valinor 3x. 3 games, each about a year apart. And each time, once there, I accomplished nothing. BTW, the audits didn't keep proper track of Valinor starts.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Things I've noticed with zero counts:

Valinor started, TTT won, ROTK SJP, Balrog started, Balrog hits (that can't be zero), gift wizard mode, and a few others.

#56 8 years ago

At one time TSPPs SDMEWM and LOTRs Valinor were considered the 2 hardest wizard modes to reach. I would say now there are a few things harder to reach than Valinor, but since I haven't reached SDMEWM yet, I can't comment on that.

2 years later
#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can you explain a bit more. How is the 7th gift earned?

Basically complete any task that awards a gift, collect it at the upper saucer as usual. I call that 7th one the "gift of the gifts". You need 7, but the pie seems to suggest you only need 6.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I had 5 gifts, 2 MBs completed, TABA started and failed, and I had a mode started with just fellowship mb to start. The inserts showed Frodo was the only one flashing, but I kept hitting it and nothing!
Does it need to pass through the ring to light Frodo?
And is it fair to think that if I had started the fellowship MB, completed it, got the 6th gifts, and then started DTR, I would have been at Valinor?

Among other things, you need to start *and complete* DTR.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yup, I really botched up my strategy. All I had to do was start War of the Ents, and I could have picked up a gift from that and ROTK which probably was only 2-3 shots away from completion.
How can you tell if the MBs were completed? Is it in the instant info?
And of course, there was still DTR to deal with, and for some reason, it is what gives me the most trouble. I find completing the MBs easier than DTR!

IIRC, it's "kind of" in the instant info. Holding in the flipper buttons will tell you one thing you are missing, but not everything you haven't done.

Basically, the way I know if I completed a MB is remembering if I heard the major callout for the SJPs. They are easy to hear

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 7.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/valinor-club?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.