Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by WARLOCK
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image1.JPG

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!

Valinor B!tche$!!!!!!!!

After 10 years of owning this machine, I finally made it to Valinor!!!

Destroyed the Ring 3 times. Including the clutch time when everything was set. I still don't know if I HAD to Detroy it that time (having done it earlier already). Anybody??

What I do know, is that once I had everything I needed, I still had to finish the movie multiballs, and start Destroy The Ring AGAIN. Even though I'd already done it twice! It took me forever to compete ROTK (3 or 4 tries??!), and when I finally did, it was the only Movie MB completed. I expected to go STRAIGHT to Valinor... but NO! I still had to start FOTR, and TTT, and then Destroy the Ring AGAIN. What I don't know, is if I HAD to Destroy it again to get to Valinor. Luckily, I did either way.

17 Elven Gifts.

I managed to call my 15 yr old in to capture the moment on video, and had an absolutely stellar Valinor Multiball.

Final score 891,065,890

What a RUSH!!!!!!!

image1.JPG

#2 4 years ago

Wow...congrats...did that take about 90 minutes?
when will the game be up for sale?

#3 4 years ago

Congrats!

Love the initials too. As someone who has the same initials as my oldest son, I need to come up with a way to differentiate between us. I may steal DAD.

#4 4 years ago

#6 4 years ago

Congratulations

#7 4 years ago

Heck of a nice score!
Time to go wizard hat shopping

#9 4 years ago

Congrats, would love to see the video. I doubt I'll ever reach Valinor

#10 4 years ago

You have been on a mission lately! Nice score to. My best is just above that at 894m, but my only Valinor visit was around 610m.

Hell of a game, how long was it?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow...congrats...did that take about 90 minutes?
when will the game be up for sale?

It was just over 90 mins, I think. My arms were REALLY sore when I finishes. I need to learn to flip softer! I really slap the flipper buttons.

#12 4 years ago

Woo hoo! Nicely done!

#13 4 years ago

Well Done!!!

#15 4 years ago

That's awesome!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Congrats, would love to see the video. I doubt I'll ever reach Valinor

#17 4 years ago

I think the vid is still processing.

EDIT. Vid is up.

#18 4 years ago

Spectacular!!
Ok, I got 6 more years to get there. Congratulations!!!

#19 4 years ago

congrats. quite an accomplishment.
now sell it and start over with another machine.

#20 4 years ago

Oh my, that's awesome, congrats and well done. My arm would've fallen off!

#21 4 years ago

It's clearly the ColorDMD that gave you the advantage

I finally did it about 4 months ago after owning it for ~4 years and felt the need to start my own thread as well at the time

Looks like I only got 817mil, touche!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thou-shall-pass-valinor-achieved-holy-sht

#22 4 years ago

Wow! I'm so far away from getting there.

#23 4 years ago

Congratulations. It took me 4.5 years to do it (and that was 1.5 years ago). Score of 695M - took approx. 85 minutes. I had a terrible Valinor multiball - can't even remember it as I was so excited. Savour it as it will probably never happen again.

#24 4 years ago

Dude! Congrats! That is awesome. Well done my friend!

#25 4 years ago

Congrats that is awesome and to think I was so excited to finally break into the high score list on mine last night.

#26 4 years ago

That is incredible! I keep trying. One of these days... one of these days.

#27 4 years ago

Congrats! I've yet to be there. Is there really any game better than lotr? Pretty much perfect imo

#28 4 years ago

I'm every bit as impressed by your final score as I am the fact that you got to Valinor. That score is way higher than the score I had when I made it to Valinor.

Congrats! It's an amazing feeling to get there. After 10 years? Even better!

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Destroyed the Ring 3 times. Including the clutch time when everything was set. I still don't know if I HAD to Detroy it that time (having done it earlier already). Anybody??

Yep, you absolutely had to destroy the ring again. It's the final step that MUST be completed before starting Valinor. It's one of the things that makes it so challenging. You have to line things up right.

#29 4 years ago

Very nice.

Congrats on your achievement!

#30 4 years ago

LOTR is so F'n dope

Especially one with a color DMD

Congrats!

You might as well sell all your games & delete your Pinside account now lol

#31 4 years ago

Awesome. I have downed this game for three years and have not gotten there yet. Great job!

#32 4 years ago

Great job and certainly worthy of congratulations. If I follow your same timeline, then I should only have 6 more years to get there.

#33 4 years ago

10 years is a long frikin' game.

#34 4 years ago

Congrats. Hope you are enjoying the ACDC Cannon mod! I've been trying to get to valinor too. First step is finding a LOTR. Yours looks nice

#35 4 years ago

Congrats. I hope to add a LOTR someday

#36 4 years ago

Congratulations!
Such a great achievement.
Gives me something to keep aiming for!

What settings were you on and how many balls did it take?

#37 4 years ago

amazing

#38 4 years ago

Awsome congrats !!! that's huge!!!!

#39 4 years ago

Great job Ed!!!!

#40 4 years ago

Well done, awesome score

#41 4 years ago

It's funny. I've been pursuing Valinor on and off for a decade. Now that I FINALLY made it... I just want to try again on harder settings!! It's a sickness.

My machine was factory 3 ball, but I set replay to award an extra ball. I can't imagine getting there otherwise... But now I have to try!!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It's funny. I've been pursuing Valinor on and off for a decade. Now that I FINALLY made it... I just want to try again on harder settings!! It's a sickness.
My machine was factory 3 ball, but I set replay to award an extra ball. I can't imagine getting there otherwise... But now I have to try!!

OHHH! You had an extra ball.
That explains everything.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I've thought the same thing. Ever since getting there, it seems I have tried harder to get there again, takes nothing away from the game - a good thing about pinball compared to vids for example.

I was close again the other day, but ROTK is always the toughy. I did it 4-5 times and still did not complete it that game... ugh.

#44 4 years ago

I have a VERY hard time getting ROTK to start and I think i have it set on 'easy'. The post seems to work pretty well. I have a very hard time making the skill shot which goes up to the PotD as my spring is really tight and it seems like I'm either too week or a little too strong. (At least the spring is my excuse...on my first LOTR it seemed like ROTK was super easy to start)

Any suggestions?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I doubt I'll ever reach Valinor

Agreed. I've owned it for 10 years and have not even destroyed the ring yet. Don't know why this game owns me. My machine has about 1500 plays on it between my and my 4 kids.

#46 4 years ago

Tell Valinor I said "Hello", because I feel it's going to be a LOOOONG time before I can ever make that trip to see him.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I have a VERY hard time getting ROTK to start

When the ball comes in the right inlane, this enables the POTD left orbit shot to trigger the post to send the ball there. Every time you have a ball go in there, by the return ramp or trickling in there, always try to shoot the left orbit. Starting ROTK as much as possible is the biggest key to getting to Valinor.

Also, I don't recommend the Pinbits POTD diverter either, if you have that (stops ball from falling into the shire). There are other protectors out there to protect the shire, which is what I have. You need those souls, they are very important.

#48 4 years ago

Another big help for stating ROTK is the Ents ring mode. It opens up the Gandalf shot diverter so you can repeatedly hit the Paths. You can start the MB during that one ring mode if you make your shots.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Well done! I like your spirit of wanting to do it again on harder settings too.

I'm not a fan of replay extra balls myself. If you want to make Valinor easier to reach, I would set specials to award extra balls instead. This makes special gift worth collecting in home game too and now the additional extra ball is really a playfield award and not just related to some (possibly auto-adjusting) score limit.

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I have a VERY hard time getting ROTK to start and I think i have it set on 'easy'. The post seems to work pretty well. I have a very hard time making the skill shot which goes up to the PotD as my spring is really tight and it seems like I'm either too week or a little too strong. (At least the spring is my excuse...on my first LOTR it seemed like ROTK was super easy to start)
Any suggestions?

You might already know these, but here are some helpful tips for collecting souls to start ROTK:
- right inlane activates next shot to left orbit to be diverted to PotD (unless gift or fellowship mb is lit)
- green 1-4 lamps above PotD indicate whether the lanes are lit for 100 (off), 250 (solid) or 500 (blinking) souls
- ball dropping to Shire from PotD gives additional souls (starting from 250, +50 for additional collects, maxes at 750)
- War of the Ents mode helps too

#50 4 years ago

One day

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside