By SDM0

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backglass vagabond (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDM0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a nice Vagabond backglass. It’s not perfect but great for the age. But there are sections that are just about to go and I need to triple thick this bad boy. But I am always unsure how to handle the score reel windows. I don’t dare put tape down over the paint because I am afraid chunks will come off when I pull up up. But if I leave a space in the clear glass then a slight line square will appear in the window. I rather have that faint edge showing then bits of paint missing. What does everyone else do?

backglass vagabond (resized).jpgbackglass vagabond (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I block off each window with a piece of accurately cut thin cardboard and secure it in place with a weight such as a large nut.

Does that cardboard go over any paint? If so, isn't there a concern that the cardboard will stick and pull paint on the edges? My understanding is you do multiple coats and then carefully peel the tape off. Even with the tape - if you pull it off to early the goo can mess things up and if you pull it off late then it can stick. I feel like if I do multiple coats with cardboard it will get stuck on or pull up paint also???

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I cut the pieces to cover the clear area as closely as possible without overlapping onto the surrounding silkscreened inks

Got it. But doesn't that still cause some spray to visibly get on the glass? I am just trying to figure out which works best... use tape to get as close to the edge as possible or cardboard. Both seem to result in triple thick that shows on the edges. It's all cool by me ... if that is the way everyone seems to think is best.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDM0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vagabond-backglass-seal?tu=SDM0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.