Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN6812 (resized).JPG
    Doggy MEME Theif.gif
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    firoztmqskt41 (resized).jpg
    1200px-CooksCorner2005 (resized).jpg
    20200402_145949 (resized).jpg
    20200329_214409 (resized).jpg
    20200329_214437 (resized).jpg
    20200329_214713 (resized).jpg
    20200329_150858 (resized).jpg
    20200402_183148 (resized).jpg
    20200402_160535 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_2555A (resized).JPG
    IMG_2563A (resized).JPG
    vacationtime.jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Looking for a fun place to go. Got plenty of time off over the next few months. I don't like to fly, but gas is cheap and my truck is fairly reliable. Seen just about everything So Cal has to offer, so looking for something a little different. Probably won't need to be back until at least July.

#2 4 years ago

Take Route 66 to see America

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Take Route 66 to see America

Not a bad idea. I don't own a cell phone, but I still have a box full of AAA maps and campground listings from when I went cross country in the 90s. And plenty of fishing gear.

#4 4 years ago

Do you have a passport? How is your Spanish? Drive down the Baja, people seem to state they like it there.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Drive down the Baja, people seem to state they like it there.

Surfin' safari eh? We used to go all the time at least to Ensenada. It got to be a little unsafe a few years ago especially for gringos.

#6 4 years ago

Run for President

#7 4 years ago

Santa Cruz....

#9 4 years ago

Sweden, everything is still open

#10 4 years ago

Do a big USA trip and visit Pinsiders in several states.
    When you work your way over to Louisiana, stop in and we will hook you up fun stuff to do, both indoors and outdoor adventures.
    Several Louisiana Pinsiders that live in different areas of the state.
    Note: August is not the best time to visit down here.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Looking for a fun place to go. Got plenty of time off over the next few months. I don't like to fly, but gas is cheap and my truck is fairly reliable. Seen just about everything So Cal has to offer, so looking for something a little different. Probably won't need to be back until at least July.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Do a big USA trip and visit Pinsiders in several states.
    When you work your way over to Louisiana, stop in and we will hook you up fun stuff to do, both indoors and outdoor adventures.
    Several Louisiana Pinsiders that live in different areas of the state.
    Note: August is not the best time to visit down here.

You are welcome to visit me if you come this way too. I've got pins to play

#12 4 years ago

Sacramento is only a day's drive from here. I could go shake the governor's hand.

#13 4 years ago
    64EB53E6-D70F-439C-BA03-D93CF008AFE1 (resized).jpeg64EB53E6-D70F-439C-BA03-D93CF008AFE1 (resized).jpeg
    #14 4 years ago

Maybe a nice Hawaiian or Alaskan cruise

#15 4 years ago

Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon are close to one another then across I 80 to the Badlands and Mt Rushmore....maybe head south from there and eventually loop back across the south and west through Texas, New Mexico.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

don't own a cell phone, but I still have a box full of AAA maps and campground listings

Also remember, you're not lost if you don't care where you are.

#17 4 years ago

Mumbai

#18 4 years ago

Make a themed trip as an excuse to see as much of the country as possible. Something as simple as state capitals could be fun. We used to like to visit the public aquariums and aquarium stores as an excuse to explore different parts of towns. The timing is terrible, but if you have never walked around New York City or Boston it is totally worth it. Drive into the city and park at the Natural History Museum. Explore the city on foot.

Closer to your part of the country... have you ever visited the forest moon of Endor? If you have never walked through the Pacific Northwest where it was filmed it is quite the experience. If you are a History buff the civil war battlefields of the east coast are worth a visit. Driving across the Southwest to the South East can be beautiful in it's own right. Hiking El Capitan in Texas is off the beaten path but will take you through a desert that rivals the Mojave in desolation and beauty from your direction. The gulf coast beaches are beautiful and relativly unused compared to the ones on the left/right coasts.

There are so many different beautiful places you can go, especially if you are not afraid of a little road trip.

O... and there is plenty of pinball on the way.

#19 4 years ago

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds man, don't have to leave the house.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds man, don't have to leave the house.

Hope you brought enough to share with the rest of the class...

#21 4 years ago

Maybe a lil trip in da hood off the 710..Compton/watts area could be an adventure n a lil different..lol

#22 4 years ago

Ventura is open now Odin.
    The chili lime wet verde burrito at Arturo's downtown is the best pork burrito on planet!

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Looking for a fun place to go. Got plenty of time off over the next few months.

How many times have you traveled the PCH?

#24 4 years ago
    94138306_3193493054073199_7530121312581189632_n (resized).jpg94138306_3193493054073199_7530121312581189632_n (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago

When things open up, south Dakota is great. Stay at Custer, caves, Rushmore, crazy horse, dinosaur pits, wildlife, deadwood. Tons to do

#26 4 years ago

Costa Rica, Belize, Panama, Honduras (Honduras and Guatemala safety can be hit or miss). Even Cozumel is super cheap. Have been traveling Central America (Cozumel does not count as Central America) for a several yrs now looking for where we want to retire. So for Costa Rica. Can do all very cheap and still have a great time.

#27 4 years ago

I would head up hwy1 till I got to Big Sur.
    Most beautiful place I've been.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

[quoted image]

Fuck. I got Destination 9. Stay at home...

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

[quoted image]

I may have to go with number 11.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How many times have you traveled the PCH?

Coming down PCH from Fort Bragg north of Frisco in my 1972 Jeep truck with drum brakes and sloppy steering was one of the scariest drives of my life. Them's some steep cliffs up there.

#31 4 years ago

Have you considered a drive with the family to Wally World?

A7B42D67-6342-4F6F-B3BB-C03A51508FFA (resized).jpegA7B42D67-6342-4F6F-B3BB-C03A51508FFA (resized).jpeg
    #32 4 years ago
    vacationtime.jpgvacationtime.jpg
    #33 4 years ago

I have driven interstate 10 from here all the way to Jax Beach Florida to surf some hurricane waves with an old friend a little over ten years ago. Took two days. Pretty drive once you get halfway thru Texas.

#34 4 years ago

I know where I always wanted to go.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #35 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I lived in your state I'd make the drive up to see the big trees in Redwood National Park or if you are looking more towards late June/July Sequoia National Park. There is something about standing at the food of a thousand year old tree that towers above you. . . for me it is humbling and provides some perspective to life in general. I do not know how "fun" looking at trees is though. . .

IMG_2555A (resized).JPGIMG_2555A (resized).JPGIMG_2563A (resized).JPGIMG_2563A (resized).JPG

Lassen Volcanic NP is another interesting place in North Central California if you like the nature sort of stuff.

Being Govt run the parks could be closed for all I know -- although several areas around the Redwoods are state parks and may have different restrictions.

#36 4 years ago

30 pack

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Fuck. I got Destination 9. Stay at home...

The answer is always 9.

#38 4 years ago

For o-din that was yesterday.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The answer is always 9.

I think it's meant to be done in hexidecimal.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I know where I always wanted to go.[quoted image]

I've been, (dollywood) the whole area around there is also nice. Closer to your home I enjoyed the grand tetons area, and Montana gotta be the most beautiful state that's not on everyone's radar. Or at least imho being that I like to hike bike and kayak steep stuff.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I know where I always wanted to go.[quoted image]

Dollywood is a really nice park! I think you'd like it.

#42 4 years ago

Frankenmuth Michigan. The top tourist spot in Michigan. Indoor water parks, giant hotels with many pools and game rooms and shops, fudge, beer galore, boat rides, zip lining...its a little bavaria!

#43 4 years ago

Another amusement park you could check out is Silver Dollar City. It’s sort of a sister park to Dollywood, similar in some ways, but still very different from it. Although I have only read about SDC, never been there. We had a trip scheduled to there this spring break, and I was pretty excited, but of course it didn’t happen. But I’m definitely going to get there once things are open again.

SDC is built on top of an underground canyon, which you can tour as part of your admission. Definitely unique for an amusement park.

Anyway just thought I’d mention it because it’s closer to CA than Dollywood, although still quite a drive.

Dollywood has Lightning Rod, though

#44 4 years ago

SDC is indeed awesome!

#45 4 years ago

If roadtrip is your preferred option, I'd drive west coast north to Seattle, then turn east and head to Yellowstone, curve south from there towards Denver and finally through Albaquerque, Sedona and Phoenix back to SoCal. Quite a few great pinball locations on the way, assuming they are not closed due to virus

#46 4 years ago

I'd do two Trans-Continental Interstates. I recently took I-80 out to Reno. Also went into Sierra and El Dorado Counties in California.

Also took I-70 through Glenwood Canyon. It's the crown jewel of the Interstate system. Had really bad weather though.

There's a pic of Scientific Games Reno operations; The home of Bally & Williams products. Not counting Planetary Pinball....
    20200329_150858 (resized).jpg20200329_150858 (resized).jpg20200402_183148 (resized).jpg20200402_183148 (resized).jpg20200402_160535 (resized).jpg20200402_160535 (resized).jpg
    20200402_145949 (resized).jpg20200402_145949 (resized).jpg

#47 4 years ago

A trip to to Nevada's State Capital would not be complete without a stop at Dennis Hof's Moonlight Bunny Ranch.

RIP Dennis....

20200329_214713 (resized).jpg20200329_214713 (resized).jpg20200329_214409 (resized).jpg20200329_214409 (resized).jpg20200329_214437 (resized).jpg20200329_214437 (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

When things open up, south Dakota is great. Stay at Custer, caves, Rushmore, crazy horse, dinosaur pits, wildlife, deadwood. Tons to do

This, but do it in early July and also go to Belle Fourche for the 4th. Parade, rodeo, great fireworks, etc. Total Americana.

#49 4 years ago

I have decided at least for now, I am going to take a trip and never leave the farm.

#50 4 years ago

Indoors

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacation-suggestions/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.