Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Rum-Z
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Sold WoF and Bad Cats over the Christmas period which gave me enough room to set White Water up last night. Literally couldn't stop playing it, got up first thing this morning and went straight back to it. Such a fantastic game, with flow like no other in my opinion. Since Bowen posted his vid on the papa website I have been desperate to have a go at making it to the Vacation Jackpot. And about half an hour ago I managed it for the first time, what a buzz.

Just wanted to share

#2 12 years ago

Congrats on hitting Vacation Jackpot, that's a nice accomplishment. If I can somehow get my River Level to 6, I usually stand a pretty good chance of hitting it. By pretty good chance I mean maybe a 1 in 3 chance, LOL.

I absolutely love the playfield layout of White Water, its got some nice shots and some neat stuff like the "hidden passage".

#4 12 years ago

Congrats. VJ is excellent.

#5 12 years ago

Congrats. Not done it yet but it is a real fun game.

Wondering what a new ceramic playfield would play like? It is kind of tempting!

#6 12 years ago

sounds fun. Haven't been able to find one in good shape. Any problems with the ramps?

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wondering what a new ceramic playfield would play like? It is kind of tempting!

I had the pleasure of playing a painstakingly restored WH2O with a gorgeous clearcoated playfield the other day. All I can say is, WOW! The thing was just a site to behold, and it played so fast and smooth. I'm taking delivery of a nice WH2O this evening, and I can't wait. Awesome game!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

Sold WoF and Bad Cats over the Christmas period which gave me enough room to set White Water up last night. Literally couldn't stop playing it, got up first thing this morning and went straight back to it. Such a fantastic game, with flow like no other in my opinion. Since Bowen posted his vid on the papa website I have been desperate to have a go at making it to the Vacation Jackpot. And about half an hour ago I managed it for the first time, what a buzz.
    Just wanted to share

Wow, you got VJ that quickly? Pin may get boring for you fast!

It took me a month of ownership before I got VJ. One of the best payoffs ever.

How many other pins copied this jackpot? Scared Stiff (when you complete the stiff o meter) (which is fine since this is also Dennis Nordman), LOTR (destroy the ring), any others?

#9 12 years ago

Congrats. WH2O is one of my favs.

#10 12 years ago

aweosme still working on getting that for mine

#11 12 years ago

Wow, you got a vacation jackpot within owning it 2 days? I have probably a couple thousand plays on WH20 and I've only done it twice. I'm not great at pinball, but I'm not horrible either.

When I've gotten them it was usually in conjunction with a mystery award being class VI river....

#12 12 years ago

Been playing non stop all day!! It has to be the most addictive game I have played. Managed to get that Vacation Jackpot 2 more times and have put up a Grand Champ score of 1.8 billion. First ball I just concentrate on getting that Class VI river done, best way I have found is to get whirlpool 2 ball multiball going, get into a rhythm of hitting the whirlpool jackpot and lining the spot river letter up on the right inlane with the right flipper held up. On my game the ball consistently shoots out of the mine and up the right inlane and down, spotting 2 river letters each time. This made it fairly straight forward to get to class VI river.

On that 1.8 billion I managed to combine the 5X playfield with wet willies, scoring 50 million a shot. Such a cool game

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

I managed to combine the 5X playfield with wet willies, scoring 50 million a shot. Such a cool game

Wow, that's a feat I've thought about, but never managed to even come close to doing. I'm lucky enough to hit the 5X scoring with multiball.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

roadshow16 said:I managed to combine the 5X playfield with wet willies, scoring 50 million a shot. Such a cool game
    Wow, that's a feat I've thought about, but never managed to even come close to doing. I'm lucky enough to hit the 5X scoring with multiball.

+1 to that!

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

Been playing non stop all day!! It has to be the most addictive game I have played. Managed to get that Vacation Jackpot 2 more times and have put up a Grand Champ score of 1.8 billion. First ball I just concentrate on getting that Class VI river done, best way I have found is to get whirlpool 2 ball multiball going, get into a rhythm of hitting the whirlpool jackpot and lining the spot river letter up on the right inlane with the right flipper held up. On my game the ball consistently shoots out of the mine and up the right inlane and down, spotting 2 river letters each time. This made it fairly straight forward to get to class VI river.
    On that 1.8 billion I managed to combine the 5X playfield with wet willies, scoring 50 million a shot. Such a cool game

Is this on 3 ball?

If so, gentlemen, we have a playa!

#16 12 years ago

Very nice. Funny thing to me anyway, about WH20 is the VJ is so hard to get you just think of it like it's the end of the game! Why bother going on?! I've put up a 1.65B on 3-ball. Nobody had seen me complete the VJ until I hollered for my wife to come in to watch me score it by plunging and shooting up the middle for the last lock. She thought it was cool...

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

Just wanted to share

Just moved my WH2O back into my main lineup after selling my IM. My first Vacation Jackpot was about 2 weeks ago after owning it for over a year. Couldn't believe it when all the flippers went wild and the DMD confirmed the feat ... really fun game. I'm guessing pf angle, outlane settings and condition have a lot to do with it ... I addition to that skill thing!

Brian

#18 12 years ago

You guys are my idols,I haven't done it yet,recently I have been putting more effort into playing my WH20,hopefully the stars will align and I can accomplish the feat.

#19 12 years ago

now i just gotta get the pin! sounds fun!

#20 12 years ago

shit still cant get it on 5 ball either

#21 12 years ago

If you got it twice and want a challenge again, jack up the playfield to around 9 - 10 degree pitch and switch off extra ball..........

1.8 billion is one good score

#22 12 years ago

This is a video I took earlier of me making it to the Vacation Jackpot, i actually managed to hit 2 VJ's in the same game! Don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon!

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

This is a video I took earlier of me making it to the Vacation Jackpot, i actually managed to hit 2 VJ's in the same game! Don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon!
    » YouTube video

Just saw your post in the pictures thread.

Like I said earlier: gentlemen, we have a playa! He has a picture with a trophy for winning the UK open.

#24 12 years ago

Oops!

Just noticed, you have a center peg in the middle of the flippers. That's cheating...to say the least. That is not on the pin originally.

#25 12 years ago

Thats not original? Hmmm, I need to get rid of that then

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

Thats not original? Hmmm, I need to get rid of that then

Definitely not original.

It decreases SDTM drains by quite a bit. Resulting in easier Vacation Jackpots.

#27 12 years ago

VJ is not that hard IMO. You need to Use MBs to get to class six rapids but that seems to be the together thing for most people. My game is set to tourney settings at a 7.5 degree pitch, I also removed that cheater rubber in the pops that prevents right outlane drains from the pops.

If you can hit the center shot and play just to achieve VJ it should not be too hard.

#28 12 years ago

You'll want to pull that center peg per RobT's suggestion, and have another go at it. Makes it quite a bit harder, but it's worth it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacation-jackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.