Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaytrem
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9137 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

My girlfriend and I want to go on a vacation this year, but really haven't picked anywhere to go, but both know we would like to go to a beach. I was thinking it would be cool to go somewhere that has an arcade on the boardwalk by the beach. Are there any good locations like that around? I think it would be cool to play some pin by the ocean then chill on the beach.

Just saw Beach Arcade in Rehoboth Beach, DE just got a DI, but sounds like they only have a total of 5 pins.

Let me know if anything comes to mind.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

San Francisco and the neighboring area. Hit Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda and then drive over to Half Moon Bay. Lots of stuff in SF proper, too.
    https://www.pacificpinball.org/

this place looks cool, but I should have mentioned that we are looking for east coast locations or maybe FL gulf of Mexico

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Asbury Park - home of the Silverball Museum.
    http://silverballmuseum.com/asbury-park/
    EDIT: Museum is located right on the beach boardwalk.

Thanks for the link, this place looks pretty cool! Is it open to the outside?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

I'm not sure what you mean by "open to the outside".
    It's open daily to the public if that's what you mean. You can pay by the hour - or pay a flat rate for the day.
    If you're asking about the building itself, it's all large windows - one side of which is right on the boardwalk. However that side is not wide open to the outside. You have to go through a door to get in which is typically kept closed (at least when I've been there).
    Conditions of pins is great there.

Yeah I meant if it's wide open to the great outdoors, but from your description sounds like it's climate controlled, still sounds like a cool place to visit. Thanks again for the info.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from OzarkKing:

Lake Ozark, Missouri.
    -The Bagnell Dam Strip has The Dogpatch Arcade which at last count had around 10 pins
    -The Office Neighborhood Bar has 7 pins and is 5 miles from Dogpatch
    -Larry's on the Lake has a floating tiki bar and 2 pins (I live across from Larry's and have 1 pin)
    -If you drive and go through St. Louis there are about a half dozen great pin-specific locations
    -Jason Bateman's new Netflix series "Ozark" (premieres 7/21) is set here
    -we have more shoreline than California
    -a pocket full of quarters stretches a long way here
    -come the weekend of The Shootout for one of the greatest powerboat events (and a LOT of activity around the Lake): http://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/

Hmmm This might be a possibility also, I would like to go, but need to check with the girlfriend. Sounds cool and to boot I'm a gear head so sounds great to me to checkout the shootout!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacation-ideas-1?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.