Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaytrem
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9137 (resized).PNG
    #1 6 years ago

My girlfriend and I want to go on a vacation this year, but really haven't picked anywhere to go, but both know we would like to go to a beach. I was thinking it would be cool to go somewhere that has an arcade on the boardwalk by the beach. Are there any good locations like that around? I think it would be cool to play some pin by the ocean then chill on the beach.

Just saw Beach Arcade in Rehoboth Beach, DE just got a DI, but sounds like they only have a total of 5 pins.

Let me know if anything comes to mind.

#2 6 years ago

San Francisco and the neighboring area. Hit Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda and then drive over to Half Moon Bay. Lots of stuff in SF proper, too.
    https://www.pacificpinball.org/

#3 6 years ago

Asbury Park - home of the Silverball Museum.

http://silverballmuseum.com/asbury-park/

EDIT: Museum is located right on the beach boardwalk.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

San Francisco and the neighboring area. Hit Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda and then drive over to Half Moon Bay. Lots of stuff in SF proper, too.
    https://www.pacificpinball.org/

this place looks cool, but I should have mentioned that we are looking for east coast locations or maybe FL gulf of Mexico

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Asbury Park - home of the Silverball Museum.
    http://silverballmuseum.com/asbury-park/
    EDIT: Museum is located right on the beach boardwalk.

Thanks for the link, this place looks pretty cool! Is it open to the outside?

#6 6 years ago

Lake Ozark, Missouri.
    -The Bagnell Dam Strip has The Dogpatch Arcade which at last count had around 10 pins
    -The Office Neighborhood Bar has 7 pins and is 5 miles from Dogpatch
    -Larry's on the Lake has a floating tiki bar and 2 pins (I live across from Larry's and have 1 pin)
    -If you drive and go through St. Louis there are about a half dozen great pin-specific locations
    -Jason Bateman's new Netflix series "Ozark" (premieres 7/21) is set here
    -we have more shoreline than California
    -a pocket full of quarters stretches a long way here
    -come the weekend of The Shootout for one of the greatest powerboat events (and a LOT of activity around the Lake): http://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from pindude80:

Thanks for the link, this place looks pretty cool! Is it open to the outside?

I'm not sure what you mean by "open to the outside".

It's open daily to the public if that's what you mean. You can pay by the hour - or pay a flat rate for the day.

If you're asking about the building itself, it's all large windows - one side of which is right on the boardwalk. However that side is not wide open to the outside. You have to go through a door to get in which is typically kept closed (at least when I've been there).

Conditions of pins is great there.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

I'm not sure what you mean by "open to the outside".
    It's open daily to the public if that's what you mean. You can pay by the hour - or pay a flat rate for the day.
    If you're asking about the building itself, it's all large windows - one side of which is right on the boardwalk. However that side is not wide open to the outside. You have to go through a door to get in which is typically kept closed (at least when I've been there).
    Conditions of pins is great there.

Yeah I meant if it's wide open to the great outdoors, but from your description sounds like it's climate controlled, still sounds like a cool place to visit. Thanks again for the info.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from pindude80:

Yeah I meant if it's wide open to the great outdoors, but from your description sounds like it's climate controlled, still sounds like a cool place to visit. Thanks again for the info.

Yes - but let someone else back me up on that. I've only been there in May. Maybe they open stuff up during the summer months.

Good luck deciding!

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Yes - but let someone else back me up on that. I've only been there in May. Maybe they open stuff up during the summer months.
    Good luck deciding!

I was just there a couple weeks ago, such a great place. It is all enclosed, not open to the boardwalk. Funny how they don't have a single Stern modern game in the building.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from OzarkKing:

Lake Ozark, Missouri.
    -The Bagnell Dam Strip has The Dogpatch Arcade which at last count had around 10 pins
    -The Office Neighborhood Bar has 7 pins and is 5 miles from Dogpatch
    -Larry's on the Lake has a floating tiki bar and 2 pins (I live across from Larry's and have 1 pin)
    -If you drive and go through St. Louis there are about a half dozen great pin-specific locations
    -Jason Bateman's new Netflix series "Ozark" (premieres 7/21) is set here
    -we have more shoreline than California
    -a pocket full of quarters stretches a long way here
    -come the weekend of The Shootout for one of the greatest powerboat events (and a LOT of activity around the Lake): http://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/

Hmmm This might be a possibility also, I would like to go, but need to check with the girlfriend. Sounds cool and to boot I'm a gear head so sounds great to me to checkout the shootout!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I was just there a couple weeks ago, such a great place. It is all enclosed, not open to the boardwalk. Funny how they don't have a single Stern modern game in the building.

They used to have at least one before (maybe a few?). I'm 99% sure they had Sopranos a few years back.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

They used to have at least one before (maybe a few?). I'm 99% sure they had Sopranos a few years back.

Soprano's was there about a year ago when I was there last, they do have Woz & Hobbitt and plenty of amazing condition B/W games. I love the EM's galore!!

#14 6 years ago

There's a boardwalk arcade in Daytona Beach. I don't think the pins are well maintained though. There's also Anastasia Lanes in St. Augustine Beach and Cafe One in Ormond Beach. Both locations have nice, well maintained pins and are at least very close to the beach.

#15 6 years ago

If you're in the Ft Myers area wayyyy down south west Florida check out Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral. 12 pins there. I'll even buy you a drink if we catch up there

#16 6 years ago

FL - Miami / Ft Lauderdale area: http://silverballmuseum.com/delray-beach/2016/07/07/silverball-museum/

IMG_9137 (resized).PNGIMG_9137 (resized).PNG

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Soprano's was there about a year ago when I was there last, they do have Woz & Hobbitt and plenty of amazing condition B/W games. I love the EM's galore!!

They also have DI now to round out the JJP stable.

#18 6 years ago

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. They have several arcades, and some pins. Fly in to Oakland or San Jose, and then visit the Pacific Pinball Museum while you're there. It's a little over an hour drive between the Boardwalk and the PPM, and both airports are between the two locations.

And the beach at the Boardwalk is really good. I grew up there, and worked at the Boardwalk as a teenager. First job working for someone other than my dad.

7 months later
    #19 6 years ago

Just was at Silverball in Delray Beach FL. Only a couple modern Sterns but all 3 JJP,most B-W 90’S and dozens of EMs with a nice bar. FREEPLAY Monday and DI all to myself. “The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful”

1 year later
    #20 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

If you're in the Ft Myers area wayyyy down south west Florida check out Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral. 12 pins there. I'll even buy you a drink if we catch up there

Headed there tonight, see ya there.

#21 4 years ago

Randy Senna in Wildwood NJ has some of his stuff up and running again. Not a lot of info out there, but seems like the most up to date is here...

https://www.facebook.com/randy.senna

Todd Tuckey did a few videos at his places. You can get an idea of what he has by watching those. If you're into retro arcade stuff, Randy has buildings full. Unfortunately I don't think most of it is up and running right now. Lost his lease a couple years ago and he had a few false starts since then. Tons of other stuff to do in Wildwood and there always seems to be some kind of event going on. Not too long a drive from Silverball in Asbury too.

Good luck with the planning!

Hmmm, just realized this was an old thread, hope you had a great trip.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacation-ideas-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.