VA1 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
2A75E668-40AD-4F45-A5DD-8D1E9FD32DBE (resized).jpeg
A06E8B1D-D541-4234-AA48-E3AFCE2E2033 (resized).jpeg
5618ECFE-0B89-4805-B636-39C38B7E3F4A (resized).jpeg
8322D31B-499F-4A9D-B86E-2CED0963B0B9 (resized).jpeg
20170202_002826.jpg
terminator-dark-sunglasses (resized).jpg
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Man this pinball is very underrated....its such an amazing fun pinball....i have a very nice collection of pinballs and i keep going back to my vacation america pinball.....i wish more people can try it and dont judge it by playing a quick game or two , you need to spend the time with it ......

I've read a few posts on this game, but I don't really understand what the beef is with it. is it really just an issue with the comparison to it's contemporaries?

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

I've read a few posts on this game, but I don't really understand what the beef is with it. is it really just an issue with the comparison to it's contemporaries?

The layout is solid but the code is nonexistent. If it were better it might be thought of in the same vein as some eighties games.

The quality of construction is pretty solid.

#153 7 years ago

I like your toy additions. Did you do those yourself or did it come that way?

I was going to add some flashers to the right saucer and back right corner. There are holes for them there. I also didn't like the black flippers and had a spare set of white lightnings

2 weeks later
#154 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like your toy additions. Did you do those yourself or did it come that way?
I was going to add some flashers to the right saucer and back right corner. There are holes for them there. I also didn't like the black flippers and had a spare set of white lightnings

I made all of them myself ....i just went to a hobby store and they had a lot of stuff in the model train section....

#155 7 years ago

Is anyone bringing a VA to TPF in late March?

3 years later
#157 4 years ago

Let me in the mf’ing club!!!

8322D31B-499F-4A9D-B86E-2CED0963B0B9 (resized).jpeg8322D31B-499F-4A9D-B86E-2CED0963B0B9 (resized).jpeg
#158 4 years ago

You’re in! I’m takin over for PorkChop

1 week later
#159 4 years ago

Okay, I have a question for VA owners:

One of my optos seems to be sensitive to the speed of the ball. If the ball is moving fast, it won't register. But if the ball is moving slow, it will. It is the opto on the DRIVE lane. If I backhand the shot, it will usually register. If shot with the right flipper (faster), it won't.

So, is this normal behaviour for this type of opto, or should I replace it?

#160 4 years ago

I’m ready to join. Best pin Ever!! Ordered a new display driver yesterday for it. It’s in great condition but just need to get it ripping.

5618ECFE-0B89-4805-B636-39C38B7E3F4A (resized).jpeg5618ECFE-0B89-4805-B636-39C38B7E3F4A (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#161 3 years ago

Joined the club last week!! lol
Looking for some instruction cards. Any leads?

10 months later
#162 2 years ago

I just paid $5 to show you this beauty!!! Board shipped to bring it back to life but there it is!

A06E8B1D-D541-4234-AA48-E3AFCE2E2033 (resized).jpegA06E8B1D-D541-4234-AA48-E3AFCE2E2033 (resized).jpeg
#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Cookiness:

I just paid $5 to show you this beauty!!! Board shipped to bring it back to life but there it is!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. It’s a fun game.

#164 2 years ago

The only coin door designed by someone left handed.

1 month later
#165 2 years ago

In the game!

2A75E668-40AD-4F45-A5DD-8D1E9FD32DBE (resized).jpeg2A75E668-40AD-4F45-A5DD-8D1E9FD32DBE (resized).jpeg
#166 2 years ago

Anybody know what they are worth ,In good condition ?

1 month later
#167 2 years ago

If you're trying to convert it to LED's, the bulbs are 12V. My typical LED's melted! Got some cheap auto ones on eBay.

2 weeks later
#168 2 years ago

Three VA's for sale in the last week. Does this mean that it's the next CGC re-make!? Wow is pinside going to blow a fuse over this one...

3 weeks later
#169 2 years ago

I need some serious help! I’ve searched and searched and can’t find these darn things anywhere. Would really like to convert to LEDs…but… I need some new sockets first. Constantly blowing fuses on these bad boys. Any clue what exactly these are and where I can get them?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#170 2 years ago

Happy to join the club--at least second-hand--thanks to a $1,500 purchase. I'm second-hand in that I picked up and set up this game for first-time pin owners, so I'll be providing tech support for them. Went to a family with three kids who just adore pinball. I gave the game a good physical and after a few mechanical tweaks it's in fantastic shape other than the expected chipped sling plastics (which are surely unobtanium--but if by some miracle anyone has spares FS let me know). I understand it's an early home edition, etc., and I get all the complaints, but with the rise and promise of more new home editions from Stern at $4,000+ (two of which I own and treasure), I can't believe this title doesn't get more love on pinside.

Glad to see there is an owner's club that isn't just devoted to Chevy Chase jokes. I'll post some questions along the way and tips if I have any, but meanwhile here are a few proof-of-life pics.

VA1 (resized).JPGVA1 (resized).JPGVA2 (resized).JPGVA2 (resized).JPGVA3 (resized).JPGVA3 (resized).JPGVA4 (resized).JPGVA4 (resized).JPGVA5 (resized).JPGVA5 (resized).JPGVA6 (resized).JPGVA6 (resized).JPGVA7 (resized).JPGVA7 (resized).JPGVA8 (resized).JPGVA8 (resized).JPG
#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Cookiness:

I need some serious help! I’ve searched and searched and can’t find these darn things anywhere. Would really like to convert to LEDs…but… I need some new sockets first. Constantly blowing fuses on these bad boys. Any clue what exactly these are and where I can get them?
[quoted image]

These suck. The metal ears kept breaking off of mine. This would be a good 3D printing candidate but I don't have mine anymore.

#172 2 years ago

Anybody have a mpu for this game? Customer had a battery leak all over, actually burned a small portion of the mpu. Unrepairable

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Cookiness:

Just to be sure in relation to your reference to blowing fuses, are you using 555 bulbs? Those are 6.3 volts, and you need to use 161 or 194 bulbs, which are 12 volts.

11 months later
2 months later
#175 1 year ago

$50 by Christmas!!!

11 months later
#176 48 days ago

If someone needs this (not mine):

#vacation-america
$850
San Diego, CA

https://offerup.com/item/detail/0f706153-f257-367f-9e4b-920655c80015
ll (resized).JPGll (resized).JPG

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacation-america-clubmember-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.