VA1 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
2A75E668-40AD-4F45-A5DD-8D1E9FD32DBE (resized).jpeg
A06E8B1D-D541-4234-AA48-E3AFCE2E2033 (resized).jpeg
5618ECFE-0B89-4805-B636-39C38B7E3F4A (resized).jpeg
8322D31B-499F-4A9D-B86E-2CED0963B0B9 (resized).jpeg
20170202_002826.jpg
terminator-dark-sunglasses (resized).jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I saw that as well. I wasn't sure if it was real or not. Is that cheap or about right?

Hey new member. Welcome to your new favorite club

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's that bad huh?

There's another one listed now for $800. There getting closer to your price range.

We have another new member to "The Club of Clubs"

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from HandsOfStone:

I owned a Demolition Derby pin, so I am too good to be in this club (raises nose in the air)...

Untrue bc you are IN!

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I own one. Really. Doug wouldn't sell me one, but a friend of mine ran one down for me about 9 months ago.

IN the Club! 100%

4 weeks later
#105 7 years ago

I'm kinda surprised there's a club for this but I guess I'm a part of it. I scored one for $525. I thought for the price it's worth a shot.

#106 7 years ago

Is there a way to add a coin mech so I can put it on route?

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is there a way to add a coin mech so I can put it on route?

Honor bowl.

IMG_0067_(resized).jpgIMG_0067_(resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago

I got pushed in front of a bus today and died. Am I still in this club ?

#109 7 years ago

R.I.P. Gryszzz

Am I in your will? I'll stop by to pick up my pins.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I got pushed in front of a bus today and died. Am I still in this club ?

IN. DA. CLUB.

50_Cent_(resized).jpeg50_Cent_(resized).jpeg

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm kinda surprised there's a club for this but I guess I'm a part of it. I scored one for $525. I thought for the price it's worth a shot.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I never thought this day would come.

#112 7 years ago

Dmbjunky,
You need to start hitting the pinball festival/expo circuit. Bring your VA machine, have it set on free play, and you will get in the event for free. We will buy you some beers or drinks for good measure. You can put these events on your calendar to start with:
*Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo, Nov 11-12
*Texas Pinball Festival, Frisco, Tx, Mar 24-26
*SFGE, Atlanta, GA, June 2017

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Really?!! That is awesome!!!

#114 7 years ago

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

I brought it home in the Jeepster last night. For as little is in the box the thing is still heavy.

IMG_0200_(resized).JPGIMG_0200_(resized).JPG

Playfield looks pretty good but dirty. One sling plastic broke. There was a post between the inlane/outlane that was half out. One pop bumper isn't firing. I should send the playfield to Neo to clearcoat just to make him mad.

IMG_0205[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0205[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0204[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0204[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0203[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0203[1]_(resized).JPG

The art on the backglass is pretty neat Paul Faris work. It's real glass too.

IMG_0208[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0208[1]_(resized).JPG

For the most part it looks pretty good. In the Todd Tuckey vid, his has a black apron where mine has a decal and his has a weird tilt where mine has a tilt bob. Everything has that old comic book style dot printing.

IMG_0201_(resized).JPGIMG_0201_(resized).JPG

Shooter lane to drool over.

IMG_0206[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0206[1]_(resized).JPG

Cabinet looks new. It's very solidly built. Probably the best thing about it buildwise.

IMG_0202_(resized).JPGIMG_0202_(resized).JPG

Rusty, rusty ball

The game is pretty simple. I like the music and callouts. They aren't great but they fit the theme. It has some snappy flippers. It seems unfinished in the code department though. There are no Jackpots or purpose for multiball. The map is cool and I haven't reached the end but I can safely assume there are no wizard modes. It might be the perfect game for a P-ROC. Add a few objectives, a high score record, multiplayer, maybe a Wizard mode and it could be a fun game. The layout isn't bad.

Am I the first one in this club to actually own this game?

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I brought it home in the Jeepster last night. For as little is in the box the thing is still heavy.

Playfield looks pretty good but dirty. One sling plastic broke. There was a post between the inlane/outlane that was half out. One pop bumper isn't firing. I should send the playfield to Neo to clearcoat just to make him mad.

The art on the backglass is pretty neat Paul Faris work but the printing is a little weak.

For the most part it looks pretty good. In the Todd Tuckey vid, his has a black apron where mine has a decal and his has a weird tilt where mine has a tilt bob. Everything has that old comic book style dot printing.

Shooter lane to drool over.

Cabinet looks new. It's very solidly built. Probably the best thing about it buildwise.

Rusty, rusty ball
The game is pretty simple. I like the music and callouts. They aren't great but they fit the theme. It has some snappy flippers. It seems unfinished in the code department though. There are no Jackpots or purpose for multiball. The map is cool and I haven't reached the end but I can safely assume there are no wizard modes. It might be the perfect game for a P-ROC. Add a few objectives, maybe a Wizard mode and it could be a fun game. The layout isn't bad.

Move over pork chop, we have a new club president. If you bring this to shows you won't ever have to buy beers at them again!!! It should pay for itself in a few shows.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Dmbjunky,
You need to start hitting the pinball festival/expo circuit. Bring your VA machine, have it set on free play, and you will get in the event for free. We will buy you some beers or drinks for good measure. You can put these events on your calendar to start with:
*Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo, Nov 11-12
*Texas Pinball Festival, Frisco, Tx, Mar 24-26
*SFGE, Atlanta, GA, June 2017

Let me mod it to shit then I'll be worth buying drinks for.

#117 7 years ago

I would seriously consider sending this bad boy off to HEP!

#118 7 years ago

It's got weird micro switches everywhere. Spinner, flipper buttons. They all go clickety, click.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Move over pork chop, we have a new club president.

I'll be here holding it down years after he sells this pin for MAJOR PROFIT and abandons his post.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I'll be here holding it down years after he sells this pin for MAJOR PROFIT and abandons his post.

You looking for one? I'll pallet and ship it. Just remember this game is rare. It was made in very similar numbers to Rob Zombie so it's probably worth a similar price.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I dunno, I think once he really plays it you can pretty much consider it bolted to the floor. That's why you rarely see them come up for sale.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I dunno, I think once he really plays it you can pretty much consider it bolted to the floor. That's why you rarely see them come up for sale.

It seems like there has been a ton of them come up on CL lately. 3 or 4. It must be worth about ten years of fun and then it's time to move on. How many games can you say that about?

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I actually own one.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I actually own one.

Do you know why mine has the apron decal and tilt bob unlike Todd Tuckey's?

1 week later
#125 7 years ago

Can I join the club too? I bought a Vacation America for 500 off of Craigslist a month or so ago...am replacing bulbs and giving 'er a good wax right now.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from mrehill:

Can I join the club too? I bought a Vacation America for 500 off of Craigslist a month or so ago...am replacing bulbs and giving 'er a good wax right now.

Made Man.

Fuck. I'm probably going to have to hunt one of these down now to keep this joke going. Oh well. It's a long strange trip this pinball game.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from mrehill:

Congrats! I'm thinking of putting lightning flippers on mine. I have an extra pair.

#128 7 years ago

Just got one of these traded in last night...we did not originally sell it.... It was in his outdoor shed so it has a bit of musty smell...powers up and works and is very clean on playfield and cabinet all nice...some switches do not work which I attribute to storage conditions...we want to sell this as is for $1500...it has the artwork on the apron too...so it must be the last run of them...email me at [email protected] or call me 215-953-1188 ext 0

3 weeks later
#130 7 years ago

I need a new sling plastic. Contacted CGC. They haven't gotten back to me. They probably think it was a prank.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I need a new sling plastic. Contacted CGC. They haven't gotten back to me. They probably think it was a prank.

Ask them if it's still under warranty.

#132 7 years ago

This is now once again my favorite thread. I still don't own a vacation but I have a taken one before so I am still in the club. You better get to hunting one down porky

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This is now once again my favorite thread. I still don't own a vacation but I have a taken one before so I am still in the club. You better get to hunting one down porky

My limit is $400-$500, with the increasingly high demand and prices going up, I'll be lucky to ever get one.
Someone please help me out.

#134 7 years ago

Just found out Paul Faris is gonna be at Expo signing stuff. I need to have him sign my backglass. That might double the price of my pin.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just found out Paul Faris is gonna be at Expo signing stuff. I need to have him sign my backglass. That might double the price of my pin.

Twice nothing is still nothing!

LOL!

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Twice nothing is still nothing!
LOL!

Don't try to haggle me on the price. If you want it, you're gonna have to pay.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Don't try to haggle me on the price. If you want it, you're gonna have to pay.

I'll give you $200!

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I literally lol'd, there's a thread asking what plastics you'd like to see made, I'm sure you'd get some results there

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I literally lol'd, there's a thread asking what plastics you'd like to see made, I'm sure you'd get some results there

Good idea. Be right back.

#140 7 years ago

I put in the request. Hopefully they can get it done before Expo so I can have a nice clean set when I bring the game up.

#141 7 years ago

Hi. My wifes been watching too much Walking Dead and accidently put an ice pick in my eye. Is it true the best way to play this machine is with just one eye open ?

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hi. My wifes been watching too much Walking Dead and accidently put an ice pick in my eye. Is it true the best way to play this machine is with just one eye open ?

In the club and I believe that is a bingo.

#143 7 years ago

And Bingo was his muhfuckin name-o.

#144 7 years ago

Theme songs for Vacation America Pinball Club:

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My wifes been watching too much Walking Dead and accidently put an ice pick in my eye.

Gryszzz,

Please wear an eye patch when you go to Pinball Expo, so you don't gross out the kids and ladies.
Or at least wear a pair of dark sunglasses.

EyePatch-skull-n-crossbones (resized).jpgEyePatch-skull-n-crossbones (resized).jpg
skull-n-crossbones-eyepatch (resized).jpgskull-n-crossbones-eyepatch (resized).jpg
terminator-dark-sunglasses (resized).jpgterminator-dark-sunglasses (resized).jpg

Sorry for thread derailment. Now back to Vacation America.
I hope some VA Club member will bring a VA to some upcoming pinball expos & festivals, and post a few pics of smiling happy pinball people enjoying playing Vacation America pinball machine.

4 weeks later
#146 7 years ago

I was playing at the tourney in Lafayette earlier in the month and Trent Augenstein was there. We were looking at a GOT Premium and we had an interesting conversation.

Me: I thought Premiums had lollipop rails.
Trent: Nope only LEs have them in the box but you can get buy them separate.
Me: Yeah I saw they weren't too expensive. I thought about buying a pair for my Vacation America.
Trent: Oh yeah?...wait... Vacation?!

I had to laugh at his surprise. I wish I could bring VA to Expo but I'm already taking a game. We'll see.

#147 7 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Home arcade no coins needed. Great starter machine , great price.”
2016-12-24
Bullhead City, AZ
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 265 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 months later
#148 7 years ago

Yes finally made it to this very exclusive club ....
i just got one in gorgeous shape......and its not that bad like people say....its an extremly fast machine , and it has good ball flow .....did i mention how fast it plays ? lol

2 weeks later
#149 7 years ago

Man this pinball is very underrated....its such an amazing fun pinball....i have a very nice collection of pinballs and i keep going back to my vacation america pinball.....i wish more people can try it and dont judge it by playing a quick game or two , you need to spend the time with it ......

#150 7 years ago

20170202_002826.jpg20170202_002826.jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacation-america-clubmember-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.