(Topic ID: 25665)

VA PinParty 9/29 4PM until ? (Request for Attendee Contact Info)

By MrWizzo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by SPeD66
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Okay, tomorrow is the First Annual Polish Pindig at WizzoWorld.

Expecting anywhere from 25 to 32 or so.

MB is shopped out, The treasure cove decal did not come until late today, so I will install it next week. CC is herewith no shipping damage thankfully. Got to High Noon Twice on my first game I ever played.

Tony (the pin family) and I went up to Philly today and got all the soft pretzles, potato cheese onion pierogies, kiebasa and sauerkraut, crusty rye bread and babka anyone can eat.

Please bring any soft drinks you would like or favorite beer. Bags of ice would be good. There may be enough room in the garage fridge but who knows.

DON'T FORGET THE POLISH JOKE COMPETITION. Please write down your favorite Polish joke on one side of a piece of paper and your pinside name on the other. We will read them at dinner and vote for whose is the best. Winner gets a special pinball oriented prize!

Dan

#2 11 years ago

Count me in, let me know what food or drinks I could bring to be a help.

#3 11 years ago

Count me in as well. Let me know what's needed and if you need any help.

#4 11 years ago

I'll be there, and will bring a game if enough are showing up. Debating between HS2 and TOTAN.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I'll be there, and will bring a game if enough are showing up. Debating between HS2 and TOTAN.

One for TOTAN.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

Hey, it would be good if I could begin to get some sense of headcount for next Saturday.

My wife and I are planning to attend.

#6 11 years ago

Me

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

+2 for TOTAN and then on your way home you can drop it off at my house since it is on your way

#8 11 years ago

bump thread for Dan

#9 11 years ago

I think the gf & I are gonna make it. Will know for sure by Wednesday.

#10 11 years ago

I'm there.

#11 11 years ago

+Me and the wife

I would offer to bring my new machine but HOLY CRAP it was a lot more of a pain to get in the house than I anticipated.

#13 11 years ago

+1

Should we do nametags or something? With real name and screen name?

#14 11 years ago

I'm in

#15 11 years ago

I have a hankerin' to leave my initials in Herndon, and F14 might be my best shot at doing that.
    What's the current high score?

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

I have a hankerin' to leave my initials in Herndon, and F14 might be my best shot at doing that.

I've played at Dan plenty of times, you had better bring all your skills. There's not a low score in the house. At least none I can beat....yet.

#17 11 years ago

Right now we are looking at about 17 people with as many as another 4-5 coming, so anyone who can bring a game would be great!

Quoted from SPeD66:

I'll get some fresh concrete poured out front. You can leave your initials there! IT'S ON!

Unfortunately, the F14 is still getting restored. I was hoping it might be done, but we are having trouble finding usable blue inserts. I probably should take it out of my collection since it is misleading.

Dan

#18 11 years ago

Looks like we are getting close to 20 now and it may climb even higher.

Pretty good turn out so far for the First Annual Polish Pindig at WizzoWorld (FAPPWW)

Dan

#19 11 years ago

Thanks Dan,
    I do have quite an affinity for good kielbasa so if my tardiness is ok count me in after work.

Cheers

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Unfortunately, the F14 is still getting restored.

I hereby withdraw any high score challenges I was prepared to issue.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

+2 for TOTAN and then on your way home you can drop it off at my house since it is on your way

In that case, I'll be taking 606.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

I think the gf & I are gonna make it. Will know for sure by Wednesday.

SPed , How far is MrWizzo from yr Pad ?

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

In that case, I'll be taking 606.

Maybe my friends all named Ben Franklin could persuade you

#24 11 years ago

Confirmed headcount thus far is 25 with 5 undecided, so this is growing. Maybe each person or couple could bring either soft drinks, a six pack or bottle of wine. I'll have a couple cases already here, but that won't go far with thirty people or so.

One warning-if anyone coming is feng shui dependent-STAY OUT OF THE GARAGE!!!. House and gameroom in proper order, but I am a bit of a disorganized, spontaneous, packrat, so the garage usually looks like a tornado went through. It's like Thunderdome, no rules for the garage. Anyway, there will be full furniture in it - double reclining couch, chair, loveseat, dining table, 63" TV for football if anyone interested (just local channels), for those playing the pins in there, which at this point should be CC, MB TOTAN, and I hope maybe a BSD and T2 or R&B.

If anyone wants to bring a game, that would be great.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thanks Dan,
    I do have quite an affinity for good kielbasa so if my tardiness is ok count me in after work.
    Cheers

Great to hear David. Looking forward to finally meeting you. Get here when you can.

Tardiness will be rewarded with a reserved plate of food.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Viking helmet is like the song of the Sirens!

Quoted from SPeD66:

I hereby withdraw any high score challenges I was prepared to issue.

I better cancel the concrete pour!

Dan

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

or bottle of wine.

You bet.

#26 11 years ago

I'll bring some beer

#27 11 years ago

The garage sounds like it's where it's at!

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Haven't asked for the exact address yet, but around 5hrs according to google maps. The gf went to Annapolis over the weekend & said the exit to Herndon was approximately 4 hrs. My northernly trip home from yer house via 220 took me 1.5 so...

Quoted from MrWizzo:

Maybe each person or couple could bring either soft drinks, a six pack or bottle of wine.

Sun Drop on the way, courtesy of southern VA. Also a carton of Coors Light in case BR shows.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

I better cancel the concrete pour!

I kick a$$ on visual pinball AFM. Looking forward to trying the REAL THING for the first time, but the only prediction I'll make is that I'll be playing it with white knuckles & a grin.
    Unless anything unexpected happens, the gf & I will be there. You can take us off of the undecided list. PM address please?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

The garage sounds like it's where it's at!

Haven't asked for the exact address yet, but around 5hrs according to google maps. The gf went to Annapolis over the weekend & said the exit to Herndon was approximately 4 hrs. My northernly trip home from yer house via 220 took me 1.5 so...

Sun Drop on the way, courtesy of southern VA. Also a carton of Coors Light in case BR shows.

I kick a$$ on visual pinball AFM. Looking forward to trying the REAL THING for the first time, but the only prediction I'll make is that I'll be playing it with white knuckles & a grin.
    Unless anything unexpected happens, the gf & I will be there. You can take us off of the undecided list. PM address please?

About 270 on mapquest from Basset to my zipcode. 4 hours is a good estimate.

Bring the Sun Drop but leave the girl on their commercials somewhere on I-81. Man, she's annoying!

Cab on my AFM is pretty faded. Head is nice. Playfield is pretty nice. It plays pretty well. Have you seen the color DMD? It is pretty cool. the extra ball animation in color is my favorite. Hi is 35 B although I erased the HSTD by accident. I am honored that your first game on an AFM will be mine. Picked it up last summer from a NC op for 2,800. Best deal so far I have gotten.

Address PMed earlier.

Dan

#29 11 years ago

bump

#30 11 years ago

Dan,

I will bring some drinks. Is it looking like you are going to have enough food? Let me know if I also need to bring some food.

Jeremy

#31 11 years ago

Okay, the garage lineup, in addition to MB CC and TOTAN (thanks Herg), will include a really nice TOMMY and PINBOT (thanks to TPF).

Also, at 8PM will be a special Grudge Death Match on CACTUS CANYON for the title of FIRST FAMILY OF COIN-OP between THEFAMILYARCADE and THE_PIN_FAMILY, a one game winner takes all genealogical claims in coin-op. Bragging rights shall be bestowed along with a hearty handshake and pat on the back.

Dan

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

all genealogical claims in coin-op

To be clear, only the TOTAN is mine, unless MrWizzo is feeling terribly generous.

#33 11 years ago

Meant to ask earlier; which one of you guys has the PINBALL license plate and flipper window decals I keep seeing around Sterling?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

The Viking helmet is like the song of the Sirens!

I hear ya bro ,, What's yr Zip code MrWizzo . You Va guys are Always Here , I gotta meet Ya sometyme or another .. If i make it , I'll bring some Wilkes Co. White lightning

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Bragging rights shall be bestowed along with a hearty handshake and pat on the back.

Give'em a laurel to go with that hearty handshake?

Dan, are you saying your AFM has one of those nifty color dmds? COOL.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

If i make it , I'll bring some Wilkes Co. White lightning

I thought about bringing some of Franklin Co's finest, but that stuff is TOO smooth. Causes trouble for the careless!
    Hope you make it BR. I'd offer to car pool with ya but it looks like the little lady made some plans for a side excursion on the way home. Hey, why not bring Shanetastic up with ya?

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I hear ya bro ,, What's yr Zip code MrWizzo . You Va guys are Always Here , I gotta meet Ya sometyme or another .. If i make it , I'll bring some Wilkes Co. White lightning

Quoted from SPeD66:

Give'em a laurel to go with that hearty handshake?

Dan, are you saying your AFM has one of those nifty color dmds? COOL.

Yup. Well worth the cost. Wasn't too bad since I needed to get a new one anyway.

Dan

#37 11 years ago

Is it too late for me to ask to come? The wife moved "date night" from Sat to Fri.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from PeteM:

Is it too late for me to ask to come? The wife moved "date night" from Sat to Fri.

The wife Rules huh ,, watch " The Man Show "

#39 11 years ago

Does anyone Attending the Party have a pin 4-Sale to make my 5 hr journey More Exciting ?

#40 11 years ago

I won't be able to make it this time, I have family coming over. Hope everyone has a great time, looks like that won't be a problem though.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from PeteM:

Pete: Nope. I will PM you shortly. Dan

#42 11 years ago

TPF sold his TOMMY, but will bring his T2 instead.

Dan

#43 11 years ago

Bump! See y'all in a few hours.

#44 11 years ago

Sent PM Please send me the address.

#45 11 years ago

Just left Trader Joes. 3 bottles of wine is all I can carry on the bike. See you guys after work. Th las for hosting this Dan !!

#46 11 years ago

I just arrived back home from Dan's Party. I would like to say Thank You to Dan and that it was good to meet so many fellow pinsiders.

Thanks again Dan for putting this together for all of us to enjoy.

Tom

#47 11 years ago

Had a great time, met some great folks, and played a shitload of pinball!

Sorry I stole your BSD turn Dan...

#48 11 years ago

Great host, great folks, great food, great pinball! Thanks again Dan, and nice to meet all of you guys.

David and Dawn

EDIT: Realized I neglected to turn in my Polish joke. So a Polish guy was helping his buddy (also Polish) install new siding on his house. They were both hammering nails into the new siding, and one guy got kinda tired and took a break, watching the other guy. He notices that his friend picks up a nail out of the box, hammers it in, picks up another nail, and throws it away. This keeps going on for a while, until finally the guy realizes that for every nail his friend hammers into the siding, another one goes into the trash. Finally he says "Hey, why are you throwing half of the nails away?" His friend replies, "well, they were pointed on the wrong end." The guy rolls his eyes and says, "you idiot, those were for the other side of the house!"

#49 11 years ago

Special thanks to Dan! Had a great time and played games that I've never played before. I think I have to add Circus Voltaire, Whitewater and Tales of Arabian Knights to my wishlist now.

Nice meeting all of you

#50 11 years ago

Thanks for putting this together Dan! It was nice meeting everyone and I look forward to other parties down the road. Great group of pinheads.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/va-pinparty-929-4pm-until-headcount-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.