(Topic ID: 266701)

USPS lost my 16 opto board, no more STTNG for me!

By Xtraball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xtraball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
tasty (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xtraball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I sent the board to a fellow Pinsider for some repair work on Friday 4/3 via USPS Priority Mail and paid extra for $100 worth of insurance. The clerk I dealt with at my post office said it would arrive at its destination Monday 4/6. Tracking on that Monday showed it would be delivered by 8:00 pm. Nope. The following day tracking changed to what it still says today, “In-Transit 4/7”. Per USPS I had to wait 15 days before I could file a claim which I just did, and they want Proof of Value”. Wtf? If I wanted to send an empty box somewhere and insure it for $1000, that’s my choice. I don’t need to prove it’s value, and they shouldn’t care because they’re NOT SUPPOSED TO LOSE THE PACKAGE! Anyway, I need a 16 opto switch board for my STTNG. I have never dealt with Pindora Box, Ministry of Pinball or Mr Pinball Australia and they’re the only businesses I’m aware of that show stock. They’re overseas and I’m afraid I’ll never see the package, especially with the virus situation. Does anybody have one of these boards I can buy, please?

#4 4 years ago

The part # is A-16998

#7 4 years ago

At this point I really don’t have a say in the matter. I’d love to get my hands on one of these boards so I could play the game and if my board ever gets delivered or comes back to me, that would be fine too.

#9 4 years ago

Anybody want to risk a guess as to how long before I see a refund? Or more likely, a deny?

#19 4 years ago

What gets me is what good is having a tracking # at all if it doesn’t work? All I can tell from it is that the pkg. was in Springfield, MA on 4/7 (after originally showing it to be scheduled for delivery by 8pm 4/6). So is it on a truck that has a flat tire? Is it laying next to a toilet where a handler took a dump in the distribution center? Is it in Albuquerque, NM because it’s a shorter distance to its destination than it would have been going by way of Nova Scotia? I mean come on, they really can’t tell me where the package is? If I did my job this piss poor I couldn’t live with myself.

#24 4 years ago

If you can’t do the job, say so. Stop taking peoples’ money if you can’t deliver. Put up signs in the post offices: “Due to the virus we have stopped shipping packages till further notice”. Or “We’ll do our best to get your package to where you want it to go, and there’s no telling when it might get there if it even does, so your best bet is to hold your hand on your ass and pray because our tracking is a joke”. It’s easy

#26 4 years ago

Here’s all the info up to date:

April 7, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 3, 2020, 8:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 3, 2020, 5:18 pm
Departed Post Office
ANSONIA, CT 06401

April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
USPS in possession of item
ANSONIA, CT 06401

#32 3 years ago

Tallon, at what point (if there is one) do you think I’d be ok in saying this isn’t right?

#35 3 years ago

Yeah you’re right. Just do yourself a favor, don’t ever rely on others who claim to do a job you need done. They may not come through for you. Moderators, if you think this needs to be ended I’m sure Tallon will be good with that.

#38 3 years ago

Ok, obviously we’re not all on the same page here. I have a $4500+/- clothes rack sitting here. These boards are only available from overseas. I know if I have to buy a board shipping will be involved, but from overseas? I just got stung and the sting hasn’t worn off yet. Let’s hope USPS finds the package and delivers it or sends it back to me, that’s all. I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I think I’ll go fold some clothes.

#43 3 years ago

You know, I thought this was a safe place to vent about all things pinball. I obviously hit a nerve with some folks and certainly didn’t mean to cause more anguish than the virus already is. I’m sorry if I’ve offended the mailcarrier in all of us. Stay safe and stay well.

#56 3 years ago

This thread is getting way out of hand. Here’s what’s got me upset. In my opinion, this is just not acceptable. This is what’s called tracking?

April 7, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 3, 2020, 8:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 3, 2020, 5:18 pm
Departed Post Office
ANSONIA, CT 06401

April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
USPS in possession of item
ANSONIA, CT 06401

#63 3 years ago

Holy shit, information! That’s fantastic! I feel like somebody actually cares and knows what’s going on. Seriously, thank you! It’s too bad this is what it takes to get info that should be provided by the department providing the tracking. I filed a claim yesterday, maybe they’ll update me. Again, thank you Tallon.

#70 3 years ago

See, we’re all playing pinball now. Who’s ball is it?

#78 3 years ago

This morning I woke up to see my claim has been APPROVED and PAID. Doesn’t say anything else but I assume they’ll send me a check, hopefully not via USPS! (just joking guys, easy now).

#82 3 years ago

My STTNG is back in action!!! See the new post titled Pinsider DumbAss and his / my new 16 opto board!!!

#84 3 years ago

Thanks for that!

#88 3 years ago

A happy ending to this story. I’ve been playing my 100% functioning STTNG since yesterday thanks to DumbAss (doesnt seem right to say that name), and today my refund check from USPS arrived. Done!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 64.99
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xtraball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-lost-my-16-opto-board-no-more-sttng-for-me-?tu=Xtraball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.