(Topic ID: 266701)

USPS lost my 16 opto board, no more STTNG for me!

By Xtraball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xtraball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
tasty (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RustyLizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Yeah you’re right. Just do yourself a favor, don’t ever rely on others who claim to do a job you need done. They may not come through for you. Moderators, if you think this needs to be ended I’m sure Tallon will be good with that.

I don't think anyone wants your thread closed but you started with unneeded drama in the first sentence. No more STTNG for you? So the game is junk now, there is no way this part will ever be found, and there isn't another one in the world?

USPS offers registered mail for critical essential items like your opto board. Did you choose that service where you pay to keep it under lock and key the whole route? If not it gets mixed in with millions of other pieces. Mistakes happen and it isn't a perfect system.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Ok, obviously we’re not all on the same page here. I have a $4500+/- clothes rack sitting here. These boards are only available from overseas. I know if I have to buy a board shipping will be involved, but from overseas? I just got stung and the sting hasn’t worn off yet. Let’s hope USPS finds the package and delivers it or sends it back to me, that’s all. I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I think I’ll go fold some clothes.

We are not on the same page at all. People are dying to bring you your trivial shit.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Defending poor service is ridiculous.
Postal workers are not hero’s, 10 year old kids are more reliable delivering newspapers

What do you do for an occupation?

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Are u a postal worker?

Yes

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I am a letter carrier for 24 years, most people do not understand what we do. 90% of new hires quit after 1 week or donot make there 90 days becouse its alot harder than you think. I used to get mad when people talk down about the post office, they just donot understand. Yes its not perfect but without the usps prices for shipping would sky rocket becouse usps is designed not to make any more money than needed to stay afloat. Where ups and FedEx can charge what ever they want. Another thing if usps were to shut down, everything in the world would stop. We do alot more than walk around and deliver junk mail

Correct. When I tested for the job in 1986 there were 3000 people to compete against in a city of 35000. Now they have run ads for jobs with not one person applying.

I spend half my day maintaining a fleet of 51 vehicles most of which are 30 years old. I have a contractor to do the majority of the repairs but with that comes a lot of paperwork.

I spend the other half of my day delivering an aux route. Under 400 stops. People don't even have enough respect to just get out of my way. Last week had to get out of my vehicle in traffic to give a lady directions. 5 minutes later I had to pick her up in the parking lot where she fell. Just part of the day.

I come here to relax and don't need to here how bad we are when the problems are caused by the government, poor managers and misguided unions.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Holy shit, information! That’s fantastic! I feel like somebody actually cares and knows what’s going on. Seriously, thank you! It’s too bad this is what it takes to get info that should be provided by the department providing the tracking. I filed a claim yesterday, maybe they’ll update me. Again, thank you Tallon.

It is a little known fact that Fed-Ex planes fly the majority of USPS Priority mail.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I had no idea they that tight knit. Even though they are competing, they still work together.

We can't get this guy his opto board. Do you really want us flying our own planes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RustyLizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-lost-my-16-opto-board-no-more-sttng-for-me-?tu=RustyLizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.