(Topic ID: 266701)

USPS lost my 16 opto board, no more STTNG for me!

By Xtraball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xtraball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
tasty (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Moomert1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

I really despise having my items shipped to me via USPS. Thought I would share my story. A little long but someone may find it interesting. This is just one of many issues I have had with USPS.

I orders some side blades from Retro Refubs. I expected a delay since the package would be an international shipment. Finally, the parts arrived in the states. I go online to see when the estimated arrival date would be. Keep in mind, this was towards the end of the year (2019).
I get my date and then the final waiting game begins. The date comes and online it says “out for delivery.” I leave work early as I’m anxious for my stuff. I get home, nothing. I got my regular mail but no package. I look online and it says a delivery was attempted but nobody was home. Says an attempted delivery slip was left. Fair enough.

I look outside on my door, in my mail box, search my driveway. No slip found. Figured no big deal, I would just go online and reschedule my shipment. I do so and then another waiting game begins. The estimated new arrival date comes and goes. No update. Online, it still says the package will arrive on such and such date. Filed a “lost package claim.” 1, 2, 3 weeks pass. Online it still says the same….will arrive on such and such date and my search claim has no new updates.

Dec 23rd arrives. In my living room, door is open. See the delivery truck across the street. Cool, mail is almost here. Thinking…….maybe it will be a Christmas miracle and my package will finally arrive. Front door is open, blinds on window are open. TV is on…..so its easy to tell that “someone is home.” I’m sitting about 10 ft from my door which is open. Hear the delivery truck drive up to my mailbox. Hear the truck leave. Get a text from USPS that says basically “a final delivery attempt was made. Nobody was home, your package will be sent back to its sender.” I was pissed. The mailman was to damn lazy to get out of his truck to make the delivery so basically he just entered into his system that nobody was home.

Christmas Eve, I get up early and rush to the Post Office. I finally get to the front and explain the situation. The lady tells me its already being returned to the sender. I inform her that not only was no delivery attempt made, but that I also have a search request issued….and I show her all the updates…..or rather lack of updates. Now I will say, this lady actually did her job. She went to the back and was gone for about 5 to 10 min. She did return with my package. Basically told me she searched multiple places and finally found it.

Now, since that date, I have received 3 additional emails from USPS stating they are still attempting to find my item and will delivery it to me as early as possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Moomert1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-lost-my-16-opto-board-no-more-sttng-for-me-?tu=Moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.