(Topic ID: 266701)

USPS lost my 16 opto board, no more STTNG for me!

By Xtraball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xtraball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
tasty (resized).jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

I sent the board to a fellow Pinsider for some repair work on Friday 4/3 via USPS Priority Mail and paid extra for $100 worth of insurance. The clerk I dealt with at my post office said it would arrive at its destination Monday 4/6. Tracking on that Monday showed it would be delivered by 8:00 pm. Nope. The following day tracking changed to what it still says today, “In-Transit 4/7”. Per USPS I had to wait 15 days before I could file a claim which I just did, and they want Proof of Value”. Wtf? If I wanted to send an empty box somewhere and insure it for $1000, that’s my choice. I don’t need to prove it’s value, and they shouldn’t care because they’re NOT SUPPOSED TO LOSE THE PACKAGE! Anyway, I need a 16 opto switch board for my STTNG. I have never dealt with Pindora Box, Ministry of Pinball or Mr Pinball Australia and they’re the only businesses I’m aware of that show stock. They’re overseas and I’m afraid I’ll never see the package, especially with the virus situation. Does anybody have one of these boards I can buy, please?

#2 3 years ago

What is the part number?

#3 3 years ago

That sux!

I’ve dealt with ministry of pinball and they were great. No worries there. Good luck.

#4 3 years ago

The part # is A-16998

#5 3 years ago

Is there no hope it will turn up? I had a package get misdirected. The local postal hub was great in tracking it down for me. It took a week or two but they eventually detected a scan on the bar code and got it back to me. The guy from the post office called me every so often to give updates.

#6 3 years ago

I bet it shows up one of these days. My last colordmd order went thru Atlanta twice and I had a mpu spend over a week in Detroit for some reason. And that was before the virus.

#7 3 years ago

At this point I really don’t have a say in the matter. I’d love to get my hands on one of these boards so I could play the game and if my board ever gets delivered or comes back to me, that would be fine too.

#8 3 years ago

I once sent a package to my son in college, and it got rerouted and delayed because it was in the same truck as human remains, and apparently all human remains go through certain sites. Of course, they hadn’t lost the package and knew where it was. But it’s a good story so I thought I would share.

#9 3 years ago

Anybody want to risk a guess as to how long before I see a refund? Or more likely, a deny?

#10 3 years ago

I’d risk a guess that it will show up in less than two weeks.

#11 3 years ago

I have a resale biz. USPS has been a total mess lately. So many employes are not showing up to work that packages are getting re directed to places that have workers. Then they are overwhelmed. I have packages sitting in bins all over the country not moving. Some are. Some arnt. Its all due to the virus. Your packge is probably right next to mine somewhere.

Once this passes and they get caught up things will move as normal.

It seems like most of my boxes get stuck in Pittsburgh. its a black hole.

#13 3 years ago

I have an untested (not even populated yet) blank board that I am just now turning my attention to. I'm working through this and do have a Junk Yard that I can test my board in. I do NOT have any brackets. I had asked a friend to work on 3D printing some but that was before the current situation that we're in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/2#post-5579763

If you are unable to find one (or don't want to risk buying across ponds on either side of the continental US) and you're patient (while I build and test) I can provide one once I have it working.

#14 3 years ago

Ordered from all companies mentioned..
All are OK.

Agree on the shipping fiasco, I’ve got 5 packages coming in from US- all high $$ items.

Munsters topper- CT apparently posted this on 6th April- tracking says it has yet to leave the country!
Munsters shooter rod from LSOG- again still not left US
Comet LED’s
CFTBL chase board

All using USPS

All ordered around 8th-10 April

Bought side art from Tilt on 13th April and they are here, customs paid and being delivered tomorrow...

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

I have a resale biz. USPS has been a total mess lately. So many employes are not showing up to work that packages are getting re directed to places that have workers. Then they are overwhelmed. I have packages sitting in bins all over the country not moving. Some are. Some arnt. Its all due to the virus. Your packge is probably right next to mine somewhere.
Once this passes and they get caught up things will move as normal.
It seems like most of my boxes get stuck in Pittsburgh. its a black hole.

Probably what is happening to my delivery as well. 7 days of nothing but your package is moving with in our system.. It's a state away and should have been there on 4/11/20

#16 3 years ago

A similar thing happened to me. I had to return a phone I bought from London. Paid extra for $200 worth of insurance, which fortunately covered the cost of the phone 100%. They "lost" the phone at the Miami, FL customs checkpoint. Waited a whole month and it never changed from "You package is moving through the USPS network." Had to file an international claim even though it never left the US. After the international claims manager looked and it and confirmed Royal Mail didn't receive it the case was kicked over to the local claims office. Then I was asked for the customs form, evidence of value, etc. I printed the documents and sent the application by mail. Two weeks later I received a check covering the $200, initial shipping cost, plus cost of insurance.

The entire process took about 3 months but I'm happy and very lucky.

#17 3 years ago

NEVER USE UPS, when u can use fedex or usps. I’ve had too many problems with ups. Also there tracking # is for the truck it’s supposed to be on not yr package. So if ur package was scanned to be on a truck but never makes it on, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT.

#18 3 years ago

He used USPS, not UPS.

#19 3 years ago

What gets me is what good is having a tracking # at all if it doesn’t work? All I can tell from it is that the pkg. was in Springfield, MA on 4/7 (after originally showing it to be scheduled for delivery by 8pm 4/6). So is it on a truck that has a flat tire? Is it laying next to a toilet where a handler took a dump in the distribution center? Is it in Albuquerque, NM because it’s a shorter distance to its destination than it would have been going by way of Nova Scotia? I mean come on, they really can’t tell me where the package is? If I did my job this piss poor I couldn’t live with myself.

#20 3 years ago

USPS , happens all the time. I just had a Comet order that went to Portland Oregon, it had quite the detour before it got to Denver. I also had a order from Ebay that took 2 months to finally receive.

#21 3 years ago

Even the Post office has lots of issues with packages as a result of employees, increased business, etc.
with the Virus.
I am experiencing many issues domestic and international.
Your package might still show up.

They should accept a pic and cost replacement from the web as documentation, along with the game, and vacancy....Simply overdue it a bit.

A quick one...My longest wait. I sent a package to England that never arrived. Very Expensive Piece.
2 years and 4 months later, I received it back.... Box went through hell and Back...No reason Given.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

All I can tell from it is that the pkg. was in Springfield, MA

I had a priority mail package get stuck last week for 5 days in the MA distribution center. Then it showed up at the next center and was finally delivered a couple days after that.

#23 3 years ago

It's not like there weren't problems before the virus, but things are definitely worse right now. Postal workers are considered essential. Lots of workers calling out sick. Some have died. Mail being diverted from understaffed mail centers. I've talked to window clerks who can't understand why people keep coming in to ship or complain about non-essential shit.

#24 3 years ago

If you can’t do the job, say so. Stop taking peoples’ money if you can’t deliver. Put up signs in the post offices: “Due to the virus we have stopped shipping packages till further notice”. Or “We’ll do our best to get your package to where you want it to go, and there’s no telling when it might get there if it even does, so your best bet is to hold your hand on your ass and pray because our tracking is a joke”. It’s easy

#25 3 years ago

What's the last checkpoint on your detailed tracking? I've had multiple things lost in the black hole of the USPS: the Keasby, NJ facility. That place sucks donkey balls. But I concur with others here: I've had things go "missing" (usually in Keasby) for a week or more, and then it miraculously shows up. That's why you pay all that extra money to the USPS: it's the enthralling experience of the unknown. So...yay?

#26 3 years ago

Here’s all the info up to date:

April 7, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 3, 2020, 8:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 3, 2020, 5:18 pm
Departed Post Office
ANSONIA, CT 06401

April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
USPS in possession of item
ANSONIA, CT 06401

#27 3 years ago

Just prior to the virus, I ordered an item from NY to be shipped to IN. Just for kicks, USPS decided it should go to CA first, then back across the US. I received it thankfully, after about 10 days in transit.

#28 3 years ago

I bought one of those from Pindorabox. They are in the Netherlands. I was skeptical too but I got it in about 2 weeks (before covid). Been working fine for around 6 months so far....

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Here’s all the info up to date:
April 7, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
April 3, 2020, 8:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 3, 2020, 5:18 pm
Departed Post Office
ANSONIA, CT 06401
April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
USPS in possession of item
ANSONIA, CT 06401

I had the same status a week ago. "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination.".

I ended up with my package 6 days late.

#30 3 years ago

I really despise having my items shipped to me via USPS. Thought I would share my story. A little long but someone may find it interesting. This is just one of many issues I have had with USPS.

I orders some side blades from Retro Refubs. I expected a delay since the package would be an international shipment. Finally, the parts arrived in the states. I go online to see when the estimated arrival date would be. Keep in mind, this was towards the end of the year (2019).
I get my date and then the final waiting game begins. The date comes and online it says “out for delivery.” I leave work early as I’m anxious for my stuff. I get home, nothing. I got my regular mail but no package. I look online and it says a delivery was attempted but nobody was home. Says an attempted delivery slip was left. Fair enough.

I look outside on my door, in my mail box, search my driveway. No slip found. Figured no big deal, I would just go online and reschedule my shipment. I do so and then another waiting game begins. The estimated new arrival date comes and goes. No update. Online, it still says the package will arrive on such and such date. Filed a “lost package claim.” 1, 2, 3 weeks pass. Online it still says the same….will arrive on such and such date and my search claim has no new updates.

Dec 23rd arrives. In my living room, door is open. See the delivery truck across the street. Cool, mail is almost here. Thinking…….maybe it will be a Christmas miracle and my package will finally arrive. Front door is open, blinds on window are open. TV is on…..so its easy to tell that “someone is home.” I’m sitting about 10 ft from my door which is open. Hear the delivery truck drive up to my mailbox. Hear the truck leave. Get a text from USPS that says basically “a final delivery attempt was made. Nobody was home, your package will be sent back to its sender.” I was pissed. The mailman was to damn lazy to get out of his truck to make the delivery so basically he just entered into his system that nobody was home.

Christmas Eve, I get up early and rush to the Post Office. I finally get to the front and explain the situation. The lady tells me its already being returned to the sender. I inform her that not only was no delivery attempt made, but that I also have a search request issued….and I show her all the updates…..or rather lack of updates. Now I will say, this lady actually did her job. She went to the back and was gone for about 5 to 10 min. She did return with my package. Basically told me she searched multiple places and finally found it.

Now, since that date, I have received 3 additional emails from USPS stating they are still attempting to find my item and will delivery it to me as early as possible.

#31 3 years ago

Walk a mile people. Try working a sorting line at 5am after a 10 hour forced overtime shift so Karen can get her new yoga pants she is gonna send back anyway because she is a size 10 but still orders a size 6.

#32 3 years ago

Tallon, at what point (if there is one) do you think I’d be ok in saying this isn’t right?

#33 3 years ago

Today my shoe came untied.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

If you can’t do the job, say so. Stop taking peoples’ money if you can’t deliver. Put up signs in the post offices: “Due to the virus we have stopped shipping packages till further notice”. Or “We’ll do our best to get your package to where you want it to go, and there’s no telling when it might get there if it even does, so your best bet is to hold your hand on your ass and pray because our tracking is a joke”. It’s easy

Never said it wasn’t ok. I’m watching the dog pile start and kind of think this one needs to be headed off. Be pissed and file your claim. Stating “put up a sign saying you can’t do it” is crap and you know it. You have over a million posts employees who were threatened with firing, brought in for disciplinary review and harassed within an inch of their lives so packages could keep flowing. While Facebook is spammed non stop about how hard it is to stay home, people are literally DIEING for your opto 16 board.

#35 3 years ago

Yeah you’re right. Just do yourself a favor, don’t ever rely on others who claim to do a job you need done. They may not come through for you. Moderators, if you think this needs to be ended I’m sure Tallon will be good with that.

#36 3 years ago

Either way, I’ll take a look and see if I still have a 16 board laying around and no, I won’t send it usps. It will go fedex. Better tracking

Sorry man. Eddy sensor boards and a dcs sound board but no opto boards

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Yeah you’re right. Just do yourself a favor, don’t ever rely on others who claim to do a job you need done. They may not come through for you. Moderators, if you think this needs to be ended I’m sure Tallon will be good with that.

I don't think anyone wants your thread closed but you started with unneeded drama in the first sentence. No more STTNG for you? So the game is junk now, there is no way this part will ever be found, and there isn't another one in the world?

USPS offers registered mail for critical essential items like your opto board. Did you choose that service where you pay to keep it under lock and key the whole route? If not it gets mixed in with millions of other pieces. Mistakes happen and it isn't a perfect system.

#38 3 years ago

Ok, obviously we’re not all on the same page here. I have a $4500+/- clothes rack sitting here. These boards are only available from overseas. I know if I have to buy a board shipping will be involved, but from overseas? I just got stung and the sting hasn’t worn off yet. Let’s hope USPS finds the package and delivers it or sends it back to me, that’s all. I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I think I’ll go fold some clothes.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Ok, obviously we’re not all on the same page here. I have a $4500+/- clothes rack sitting here. These boards are only available from overseas. I know if I have to buy a board shipping will be involved, but from overseas? I just got stung and the sting hasn’t worn off yet. Let’s hope USPS finds the package and delivers it or sends it back to me, that’s all. I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I think I’ll go fold some clothes.

We are not on the same page at all. People are dying to bring you your trivial shit.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

People are dying to bring you your trivial shit.

They aren’t dying any more often bringing his board than they are delivering the junk mail every day.

Some people are lazy some of the time. That’s not unique to the USPS.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

We are not on the same page at all. People are dying to bring you your trivial shit.

lets not over dramatize the situation ...

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Walk a mile people. Try working a sorting line at 5am after a 10 hour forced overtime shift so Karen can get her new yoga pants she is gonna send back anyway because she is a size 10 but still orders a size 6.

Whats your point? If they don't want to work then they can stay home and not be paid....its pretty friggin simple

#43 3 years ago

You know, I thought this was a safe place to vent about all things pinball. I obviously hit a nerve with some folks and certainly didn’t mean to cause more anguish than the virus already is. I’m sorry if I’ve offended the mailcarrier in all of us. Stay safe and stay well.

#44 3 years ago

...and now I understand what "going postal" means. There's one in every bunch, buddy, so don't let it get to you. Keep your chin up and I hope you get your package soon.

#45 3 years ago

Defending poor service is ridiculous.

Postal workers are not hero’s, 10 year old kids are more reliable delivering newspapers

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Defending poor service is ridiculous.
Postal workers are not hero’s, 10 year old kids are more reliable delivering newspapers

What do you do for an occupation?

#47 3 years ago

I think you guys that are going after the OP are missing one big part of the picture. While we can all agree that we're thankful for all the people that are keeping this country barely running--and yes, perhaps even putting their own health in danger in the process--the fact remains that the service of the USPS sucked donkey balls long before anybody ever even heard of COVID-19. They were losing my shipments multiple times (as I said before) and it seems like the people there were more concerned with ordering their own damn yoga outfits than taking good care of my priority packages that I paid a premium for. If you're going to treat my package like shit, don't charge me for your service like I'm printing money in my garage.

#48 3 years ago

Still untested. Only populated. I'm only trying to help resolve the problem rather than offer an opinion on delivery (courier) companies. I've received no interest so I'll follow up in my thread rather than here because the purpose of my thread is the boards and keeping machines running.

tasty (resized).jpgtasty (resized).jpg
#49 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Are u a postal worker?

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think Byron's job is to just troll pinside. Doesnt even have a pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-lost-my-16-opto-board-no-more-sttng-for-me-?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.