(Topic ID: 266701)

USPS lost my 16 opto board, no more STTNG for me!

By Xtraball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xtraball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
tasty (resized).jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Are u a postal worker?

Yes

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Whats your point? If they don't want to work then they can stay home and not be paid....its pretty friggin simple

So take a 20 year career and throw it down the drain with no retirement and all benefits cancelled. Because that’s what we are talking about. Not “I don’t feel like working so I’ll call in and take the day off”. It’s “I’ll call in and be in front of a review board and get fired because I’m sick”

That’s what we are talking about. So saying stay home and not get paid isn’t really an option is it? An no. I’m not over reacting and exaggerating. It’s the dirty truth that no one here ever gets.

Why don’t you just tell the power line guys to call in sick and not get paid during bad weather. That’s nothing too right. I can drag a fellow pinsider who is a lineman in here to tell you what happens to their job/career if they do that during a planned crisis like now. But hey. Let’s get more flippent about it. It’s not like I say he was wrong for being upset. I said he was being unfair saying we can to the job. Not asking for acceptance or apologies.

Would love to see all you keyboard commandos go back to work and do quadruple the workload in the same 8 hour span and never make a mistake

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Still untested. Only populated. I'm only trying to help resolve the problem rather than offer an opinion on delivery (courier) companies. I've received no interest so I'll follow up in my thread rather than here because the purpose of my thread is the boards and keeping machines running.[quoted image]

Wait what. I didn’t see post saying replacement opto 16 boards. That’s AWSOME

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

So take a 20 year career and throw it down the drain with no retirement and all be if it’s cancelled. Because that’s what we are talking about. Not “I don’t feel like working so I’ll call in ma drake the day off”. It’s “I’ll call in and be in front of a review board and get fired because I’m sick”
That’s what we are talking about. So saying stay home and not get paid isn’t really an option is it? An no. I’m not over reacting and exaggerating. It’s the dirty truth that no one here ever gets.
Why don’t you just tell the power line guys to call in sick and not get paid during bad weather. That’s nothing too right. I can drag a fellow pinsider who is a lineman in here to tell you what happens to their job/career if they do that during a planned crisis like now. But hey. Let’s get more flippent about it. It’s not like I say he was wrong for being upset. I said he was being unfair saying we can to the job. Not asking for acceptance or apologies.
Would love to see all you keyboard commandos go back to work and do quadruple the workload in the same 8 hour span and never make a mistake

The power line guys are unionized and get paid very well. They know damn well what the risks are with their job, and they get compensated accordingly. The fact that they have jobs during this time is a bonus as millions of Americans do not. We all have choices in life so stop bitching a complaining.

#55 4 years ago

I am a letter carrier for 24 years, most people do not understand what we do. 90% of new hires quit after 1 week or donot make there 90 days becouse its alot harder than you think. I used to get mad when people talk down about the post office, they just donot understand. Yes its not perfect but without the usps prices for shipping would sky rocket becouse usps is designed not to make any more money than needed to stay afloat. Where ups and FedEx can charge what ever they want. Another thing if usps were to shut down, everything in the world would stop. We do alot more than walk around and deliver junk mail

#56 4 years ago

This thread is getting way out of hand. Here’s what’s got me upset. In my opinion, this is just not acceptable. This is what’s called tracking?

April 7, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 3, 2020, 8:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 3, 2020, 5:18 pm
Departed Post Office
ANSONIA, CT 06401

April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
USPS in possession of item
ANSONIA, CT 06401

#57 4 years ago

Wow! This escalated. Bit!

Actually, it sounds like you guys. (The domestic customers) get it worse.

This is the first time my parcels have been delayed.. with bad updates from USPS..

Just happens to be around $800 worth of stuff..

What’s stranger is that my TILT parcel arrived today, was ordered on 15th April - came through JAMACIA NY, the Munsters topper has been at same depot since 11th April.. no sign of an update!

#58 4 years ago

Like others said, the post office is overwhelmed right now. I ship about 10 packages a day. Many are sitting 2-3 weeks in one location before finally being delivered. The status when they aren't moving is the same as the one you're receiving: "In transit to next facility". That usually means it's loaded on a truck or sitting in a bin at that location. It doesn't mean it's literally moving at that minute. Two packages I shipped in March were just delivered today and one just had to go from Missouri to Illinois.

If the package isn't moving, you're not going to get daily tracking updates saying it's still in the same location. You only get a tracking update once something changes.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I am a letter carrier for 24 years, most people do not understand what we do. 90% of new hires quit after 1 week or donot make there 90 days becouse its alot harder than you think. I used to get mad when people talk down about the post office, they just donot understand. Yes its not perfect but without the usps prices for shipping would sky rocket becouse usps is designed not to make any more money than needed to stay afloat. Where ups and FedEx can charge what ever they want. Another thing if usps were to shut down, everything in the world would stop. We do alot more than walk around and deliver junk mail

Correct. When I tested for the job in 1986 there were 3000 people to compete against in a city of 35000. Now they have run ads for jobs with not one person applying.

I spend half my day maintaining a fleet of 51 vehicles most of which are 30 years old. I have a contractor to do the majority of the repairs but with that comes a lot of paperwork.

I spend the other half of my day delivering an aux route. Under 400 stops. People don't even have enough respect to just get out of my way. Last week had to get out of my vehicle in traffic to give a lady directions. 5 minutes later I had to pick her up in the parking lot where she fell. Just part of the day.

I come here to relax and don't need to here how bad we are when the problems are caused by the government, poor managers and misguided unions.

#60 4 years ago

It's like Christmas, parcels are crazy heavy right now. I delivered 160 parcel on top of the mail today. Amazon is dropping truck loads to usps becouse they cannot handle it. People are ordering everything thru the mail becouse they are afraid to go into a store.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

This thread is getting way out of hand. Here’s what’s got me upset. In my opinion, this is just not acceptable. This is what’s called tracking?
April 7, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
April 3, 2020, 8:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 3, 2020, 5:18 pm
Departed Post Office
ANSONIA, CT 06401
April 3, 2020, 11:45 am
USPS in possession of item
ANSONIA, CT 06401

Ok let me help since this seems to be about to be locked. In transit to facility usually means it’s out of the post offices hands. Whether it be a chartered plane “Us airlines move mail for usps” Or a truck from fedex or ups or contracted driver. The mail moves thru lots of different places and locations. So if it’s on another services transport the USPS has no control until it hits another USPS scan center. I hope that helps to understand what happened. Filing a complaint will fire up a system wide track on the package and the last truck it was on will be scanned to find it

#62 4 years ago

I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you to the members here that are out there delivering mail.
Thankless job for certain.

I’ve been in the mail order business almost 30 years. USPS has been a big part of how I have made my living.

As far as the OPs package goes, you gotta wait it out and see what happens.
I rescently had a 4 figure (almost 5) registered package stuck in a sorting facility in New York for close to 4 weeks.
Watched the website for updates everyday wondering if it was going to get back on the road and get to me.
Finally got the package last week.
A bit nerve racking for sure.
Theses are not normal times for shipping.

#63 4 years ago

Holy shit, information! That’s fantastic! I feel like somebody actually cares and knows what’s going on. Seriously, thank you! It’s too bad this is what it takes to get info that should be provided by the department providing the tracking. I filed a claim yesterday, maybe they’ll update me. Again, thank you Tallon.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Holy shit, information! That’s fantastic! I feel like somebody actually cares and knows what’s going on. Seriously, thank you! It’s too bad this is what it takes to get info that should be provided by the department providing the tracking. I filed a claim yesterday, maybe they’ll update me. Again, thank you Tallon.

It is a little known fact that Fed-Ex planes fly the majority of USPS Priority mail.

#65 4 years ago

This is mine. Got the update on the 17th that it would be delivered on the 16th? Still says that today and hasn't arrived or changed. It's almost 800 in parts. What can you do. Things are delayed right now. I'll wait and see what happens.

Screenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200420-203440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#67 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It is a little known fact that Fed-Ex planes fly the majority of USPS Priority mail.

I had no idea they that tight knit. Even though they are competing, they still work together.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I had no idea they that tight knit. Even though they are competing, they still work together.

We can't get this guy his opto board. Do you really want us flying our own planes?

#69 4 years ago

Not USPS, but I ordered some stuff for my zones birthday today, way back the first week of April. Still not here

#70 4 years ago

See, we’re all playing pinball now. Who’s ball is it?

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Walk a mile people. Try working a sorting line at 5am after a 10 hour forced overtime shift so Karen can get her new yoga pants she is gonna send back anyway because she is a size 10 but still orders a size 6.

If you really want to walk a mile, (and no offense Tallon, I get it), but 20% of Minnesota would love a job at the moment. We have a lot of people who are struggling to put food on the table.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The power line guys are unionized and get paid very well. They know damn well what the risks are with their job, and they get compensated accordingly. The fact that they have jobs during this time is a bonus as millions of Americans do not. We all have choices in life so stop bitching a complaining.

Here's an untrained power line guy. More like a power thief paying for his crime.

Not sure if you can view without facebook and can't find it on Youtube:

https://www.facebook.com/angelmichael.santana.18/videos/915536218917282/?q=electrical%20wall%20of%20shame%20angel%20michael%20santana.&epa=SEARCH_BOX

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Here's an untrained power line guy. More like a power thief paying for his crime.
Not sure if you can view without facebook and can't find it on Youtube:
https://www.facebook.com/angelmichael.santana.18/videos/915536218917282/?q=electrical%20wall%20of%20shame%20angel%20michael%20santana.&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Untrained is an under statement.....probably on drugs

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

If you really want to walk a mile, (and no offense Tallon, I get it), but 20% of Minnesota would love a job at the moment. We have a lot of people who are struggling to put food on the table.

Yep. I understand too. My fiancé works 6 month contracts at a time. She was end of cycle 2 weeks before this crap hit. Guess who is covering her right now?

Post office is always hiring and that includes right now. But I’m betting the 20% your talking about quits in the first week even though they are struggling. Honestly, if I wasn’t already half way to retirement, I’d quit and suffer thru. It just not worth it for someone to start.

It’s kind of like the people who bitch about teachers being overpaid and glorified baby sitters yet kids stay home and 2 weeks into this all of a sudden teachers are the greatest people.

#75 4 years ago

I too just had to wait 16 days for a usps package from Georgia. Package was sent almost exact same time as yours was. It was from pinball decals inc. just arrived yesterday.

Hang in there. I’ll bet you your package insurance it shows up soon.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Post office is always hiring and that includes right now. But I’m betting the 20% your talking about quits in the first week even though they are struggling.

I agree with your statement above. I know a few of those 20%, and they're complaining about their situation, unwilling to take up another job while multiple businesses are hiring at the moment. And to be honest - a job at USPS would be a gigantic step up from what they were doing before.

Tallon, I hope you and your family stay safe through these uncharted times.

#77 4 years ago

Looks like my package will be be delivered today!.

#78 4 years ago

This morning I woke up to see my claim has been APPROVED and PAID. Doesn’t say anything else but I assume they’ll send me a check, hopefully not via USPS! (just joking guys, easy now).

#79 4 years ago

I don't know if it will make people feel better but I ship a lot of packages and i go years between lost USPS domestic packages. I did have one go missing a couple weeks ago and it was the first one in probably 3000 packages if not a lot more. It was marked as delivered by USPS but asking them to investigate the GPS location for the delivery scan was not correct for the address. Either the local carrier stole it or he made a pretty bad mistake and dropped it to the wrong location and then the person at the mis-delivered address kept the package.

International is a different story. Its still rare one goes missing but your chances are far greater. Maybe 1 out of 500 international go missing. Usually tracking just stops updating once overseas and then its gone forever.

Overall USPS does a good job and offers the best price for smallish packages under a few pounds and for sure anything that can go USPS first class package. Unless you are really big its hard to get a good rate from UPS/FedEx.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

This morning I woke up to see my claim has been APPROVED and PAID.

I bet your package shows up too. Let us know how the process goes to repay the claim.

We schedule package pickup multiple times a week. Have a rack under the carport, same place every time. Visible from the road and the driveway where the postal Jeep parks. Once every month or two the carrier doesn’t pick up, claiming he couldn’t find the packages.

Missing packages are rare from any of the services. I’ve done local sort for UPS. I was there when FedEx transitioned from delivering air only to ground service.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are u a postal worker?

Rusty is a good guy, lets take a step back and remember were all in this together. This virus sucks.

#82 3 years ago

My STTNG is back in action!!! See the new post titled Pinsider DumbAss and his / my new 16 opto board!!!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

My STTNG is back in action!!! See the new post titled Pinsider DumbAss and his / my new 16 opto board!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-dumbass-and-his-my-new-16-opto-board

#84 3 years ago

Thanks for that!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

International is a different story. Its still rare one goes missing but your chances are far greater. Maybe 1 out of 500 international go missing. Usually tracking just stops updating once overseas and then its gone forever.

Agreed. Luckily; I've had only one domestic package go missing. And one International. The latter was probably receiving customer error... as we later found out the replacement package was also owed customs due and held at the post... and he was "oblivious" that they needed him to pay VAT in his country and that the original package was probably also being held by customs.
I've had only half the number barakandl has shipped but similar experiences with USPS.

#86 3 years ago

Some news on my USPS packages,

Got my Tilt & Comet parcels this week. Tilt posted on 15th April & Comet on 10th April.

Got a an update on the Munsters Topper- it is in UK customs as of yesterday - Posted on 6th April..
Still waiting on a few more.... but things are looking up. Xtraball you May still get your board yet.

#87 3 years ago

How about a little UPS bashing to even things up some. After sitting around for two days at a UPS facility collecting dust, UPS thought maybe they should put my package on a truck. Cool. So yesterday it is "out for delivery". Never showed up. Today it is "delivery delayed due to circumstances beyond our control". Whatever happened yesterday (the truck broke down, the driver quit mid-route, the driver just didn't feel like bringing it out to my house late in the day, etc.) it certainly was within their control. But since they have absolutely no real repercussions from poor service--who cares? Wish people would use Fed-ex instead, they are usually somewhat better.

#88 3 years ago

A happy ending to this story. I’ve been playing my 100% functioning STTNG since yesterday thanks to DumbAss (doesnt seem right to say that name), and today my refund check from USPS arrived. Done!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-lost-my-16-opto-board-no-more-sttng-for-me-/page/2?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.