Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebart5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago

I literally just got off the phone with a USPS customer service rep yesterday when I first saw this thread, impeccable timing. I read some of the posts and was going to share, but had to keep moving. Usually, we have little to no problems with the USPS, but it must've been my turn to get bit.

I ordered a poster for my game room weeks ago, and the seller sent it via their Tacoma, WA USPS. The item was shown as picked up but soon after went into the 'In-Transit, Arriving Late' notes in the tracking. I called the USPS to make a claim, but a day or two later my local manager called and said he's got nothing, had to close the claim and that it should be dealt with at the Tacoma branch, which I thought was weird. Apparently the service rep made the wrong location designation in the claim I later found out in this second call. 7 days or more went by, well after the expected delivery date, and it stayed as 'Arriving Late' for a few days until it then reverted back to 'Pre-shipment, waiting for item'. The seller promises they sent it out.

Then, the seller feels bad about the situation and opts to send another poster to make up for the USPS blunder, and that one was supposed to deliver yesterday, but went into the 'In-Transit, Arriving Late' notes and removed the delivery date. This is why I called back and had them review the claim another time.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, my poster arrived today. It's been through the ringer and has irreversible creases and bends in the paper. Damn.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebart5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-losing-packages?tu=davebart5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.