Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago

Here is my lost package record with USPS in the past 5 years of steady shipping:

4 missing in total.

The first was 2 or 3 years ago. It was a first class package going to Europe. The tracking showed it going into Mexico and it was never heard from again. I was quite infuriated about this one as their tracking clearly showed it was going to the wrong place. I know it was not insured, but it was also obviously their fault since their tracking showed it going to the wrong place before disappearing. This was not covered at all and it clearly showed me that the person at my local post office could easily take any first class package and chuck it in the dumpster behind the building and there would be nothing I could do about that. I still feel wronged that their mistake was clearly shown in their own tracking records, but they refused to correct the situation because I didn't pay for their priority service. My suggestion would be if you can't cover your own obvious mistakes....don't offer that service at all. If it was showing it on it's way to it's destination and the tracking trailed off....I could have let it go, but showing that they clearly were sending it to the wrong country and wouldn't make things right, really rubbed me the wrong way.

The next 2 were this past December. Both were going to different parts of the US and both of their tracking numbers just trailed off and never re-emerged. This seemed strange as they were both shipped the same week, but both went missing at different locations.

The most recent one was just this month (very close to the same period as the 2nd and 3rd missing packages) so it does raise some concerns that this is an issue on the rise....especially when 3 of the missing 4 have all been in the past 4 months in a 5 year period of constantly shipping orders (usually without issue). Hopefully these recent MIA packages is just a fluke.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-losing-packages?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.