Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

I have lost two different mod packages by usps days apart coming from different vendors. Very frustrating since you can’t file a claim until two weeks later. Anyone else having usps problems?

#2 5 years ago

Yup, my Titan rubbers went astray. They were shipped first class, so no automatic insurance like priority mail. I had to file a claim with my credit card unfortunately.

Also had an expensive mech from out of the country disappear. Seller filed a claim a couple months later. Then it magically got delivered: like they actually decided to search for it when the claim was made, and found it who knows where.

#3 5 years ago

I have Two Damaged large packages in past month. Seems like if I put a Fragile sticker on them they get thrown around more.
    Who Dunnit lasseriffic topper was one of them. I've received and shipped 20 plus of these toppers, never a problem till now. How do you break that thick acrylic?

#4 5 years ago

I haven't had anything that ultimately ended up getting lost, but the last 2 Pinstadiums I ordered have disappeared off the tracking radar for 4 or 5 days before they got delivered. These were priority mail, too.

#5 5 years ago

Hundreds upon hundreds of USPS shipments to and from me and none lost.

#6 5 years ago

Pretty much every other week, I get a package destined for someone else or a my package gets delivered to the wrong address. Very frustrating.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seems like if I put a Fragile sticker on them they get thrown around more.

True that!

#8 5 years ago

FWIW, I had FedEx drop a package off the other day at my house for someone else. Same house number, wrong street.

That being said, I need boards here by Saturday and paid extra for FedEx because the USPS has been inconsistent with Priority.

#9 5 years ago

Our neighborhood (closest to the local PO, and therefore used as the "training route" for new hires) has had problems for _years_ with misdirected packages.

The _only_ way to deal with this is to get in your local Postmaster's face, and _stay there_. Start nicely, then escalate; it took threats to go to _his_ Supervisor to get anything done with ours.

OTOH, I've also gotten to know the people at [our street number] [nearest cross street] quite well, as FedEx has been cross-delivering our packages for the entire 24 years (Today! Happy anniversary to me!) that I've lived here.

#10 5 years ago

My problem isn’t getting delivered to a wrong address , it’s packages getting lost in transport to my city.

#11 5 years ago

Been having more issues with USPS lately than usual myself. One package was apparently attempted to be delivered (while I was home) and said it was not accessible (which it was). Then says it would be delivered the next day which it was not, then I was on a wild goose chase to find out where the package ended up a week later (at a different post office than it was supposed to be at). Then another package was held up for another week in limbo somewhere (not showing up on the tracking), but eventually showed up. USPS is a mess and their customer service is almost non-existent. Both calls were over 1.5 hours on hold.

#12 5 years ago

I’m having issues with fedex recently. I’ve had issues with usps as well.

#13 5 years ago

That's nothing. UPS lost a playfield that was in a wooden crate and they have no idea what happened to it. They did finally pay out (luckily I had full insurance on it) but it took them four months to finally cut me a check, which cost me a lot of time and more expense..... This is why I vow to never ship again, parts or games.....it's just not worth the hassle anymore.

John

#14 5 years ago

The most annoying part of my last debacle was I bought an arcade board from a guy in Italy and it managed to arrive at the local Chicago sorting facility in like 2 days after it shipped.. then it took almost a week for me to get from within my own actual city.

#15 5 years ago

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

The most annoying part of my last debacle was I bought an arcade board from a guy in Italy and it managed to arrive at the local Chicago sorting facility in like 2 days after it shipped.. then it took almost a week for me to get from within my own actual city.

that is almost certainly on customs, not the post office directly. I've had things from england land is 2 days then wait up to 4 weeks to clear.

#17 5 years ago

I am not particularly happy with any of the delivery services.
    At least once a month we get packages delivered to our address by mistake
    or our package delivered to someone else by mistake.
    Also my mom recently moved and we set up mail forwarding (supposedly effective for 6 months)
    but after a few months it appears they stopped forwarding any mail,
    which was a pain especially when expecting 1099-R tax statements from various banking institutes.
    I even mailed a test letter to my mom's old address to see how long it would take to get forwarded,
    and 4 weeks later it is still not been delivered.
    One 1099R statement did finally arrive after 3 weeks from post mark date.

#18 5 years ago

According to tracking information, my box of Comet LEDs has been sitting in a Boulder, CO post office since March 1. USPS promised to look into it, so I'm hopeful the issue will be resolved before the end of the Anthropocene geological epoch.

#19 5 years ago

I’m having the same exact problem as you with my comet order. Been in boulder since March 5th and hasn’t moved. I’m filing a missing package report today

#20 5 years ago

Hundreds and hundreds(1000’s) of orders shipped to me and several big ticket items never received. Checked with local Post Master he says “they were delivered”. Yeah, just not to me. Soo long NOS Wms coin doors.....sad part is wrong person who they were delivered to prob threw NOS coin door skins or PC boards right into trash can, expecting an iPad or other modern practical treasure.
    Wouldn’t it be something if GPS was attached to the tracking info when scanned and delivered? Asking too much, huh USPS?
    Almost lost TWO Gottlieb BH Pascal sound boards TODAY. Got notice of attempted delivery(carrier never, ever, rings bell or knocks). Went to PO, customer service employee says “ don’t know where you’re package is”, and takes another customer. Wasn’t until I said it’s HIGH VALUE and I hope you’re not done looking that it was tracked down.
    Some people are lucky they are blessed with good mail delivery.

#21 5 years ago

I literally just got off the phone with a USPS customer service rep yesterday when I first saw this thread, impeccable timing. I read some of the posts and was going to share, but had to keep moving. Usually, we have little to no problems with the USPS, but it must've been my turn to get bit.

I ordered a poster for my game room weeks ago, and the seller sent it via their Tacoma, WA USPS. The item was shown as picked up but soon after went into the 'In-Transit, Arriving Late' notes in the tracking. I called the USPS to make a claim, but a day or two later my local manager called and said he's got nothing, had to close the claim and that it should be dealt with at the Tacoma branch, which I thought was weird. Apparently the service rep made the wrong location designation in the claim I later found out in this second call. 7 days or more went by, well after the expected delivery date, and it stayed as 'Arriving Late' for a few days until it then reverted back to 'Pre-shipment, waiting for item'. The seller promises they sent it out.

Then, the seller feels bad about the situation and opts to send another poster to make up for the USPS blunder, and that one was supposed to deliver yesterday, but went into the 'In-Transit, Arriving Late' notes and removed the delivery date. This is why I called back and had them review the claim another time.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, my poster arrived today. It's been through the ringer and has irreversible creases and bends in the paper. Damn.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fun-N-Games:

Wouldn’t it be something if GPS was attached to the tracking info when scanned and delivered?

Actually, it is. You have to escalate it with a manager, and be pushy. I got to know my mailman pretty well, he was the head of the clan here, and have a few reports pulled for me, it shows maps of it being scanned at my home and where it's scanned along the way. Unfortunately, if it was not delivered, it's useless. For what it's worth, I send thousands of packages a year, and very few are totally lost. A few get wacky, bouncing around the US for no reasons, but lost ones are rare.

#23 5 years ago

I live in New Mexico and have had packages go to Mexico and back before I get them a week or two later sometimes.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

I live in New Mexico and have had packages go to Mexico and back before I get them a week or two later sometimes.

Have them write “NEW” bigger!

1 week later
    #25 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Actually, it is. You have to escalate it with a manager, and be pushy. I got to know my mailman pretty well, he was the head of the clan here, and have a few reports pulled for me, it shows maps of it being scanned at my home and where it's scanned along the way. Unfortunately, if it was not delivered, it's useless. For what it's worth, I send thousands of packages a year, and very few are totally lost. A few get wacky, bouncing around the US for no reasons, but lost ones are rare.

No, it kinda really isn’t...go track a package on USPS and see if it gives you GPS coordinates.....don’t wait standing up.
    Quote toddsvec: “If it was not delivered, it’s useless”....you kinda hit the nail on the head there, as that’s what we’re talking about.

#26 5 years ago

Postal problems are everywhere these days. In Chicago, it's been on the news. Our (long time) carrier retired and after that, all bets have been off. This is a big topic on NextDoor in my area and in others. Some times we get mail and some times a couple of days go by with nothing delivered. We also get mail from other addresses. It's so bad that we've had meetings with our Alderman and Post Office officials.

#27 5 years ago

Just last week I shipped a set of ramps(2). When the PKG arrived only one ramp was in the box. I have an open case. Will report back soon. Usually I have good luck with them.

#28 5 years ago

So true. Forget those stickers. You’re better off.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have Two Damaged large packages in past month. Seems like if I put a Fragile sticker on them they get thrown around more.
    Who Dunnit lasseriffic topper was one of them. I've received and shipped 20 plus of these toppers, never a problem till now. How do you break that thick acrylic?

Yea I was sweating it waiting for my pack to arrive from liorillusion the other day. I avoid using the fragile sticks, ups is worse.

#30 5 years ago

Here is my lost package record with USPS in the past 5 years of steady shipping:

4 missing in total.

The first was 2 or 3 years ago. It was a first class package going to Europe. The tracking showed it going into Mexico and it was never heard from again. I was quite infuriated about this one as their tracking clearly showed it was going to the wrong place. I know it was not insured, but it was also obviously their fault since their tracking showed it going to the wrong place before disappearing. This was not covered at all and it clearly showed me that the person at my local post office could easily take any first class package and chuck it in the dumpster behind the building and there would be nothing I could do about that. I still feel wronged that their mistake was clearly shown in their own tracking records, but they refused to correct the situation because I didn't pay for their priority service. My suggestion would be if you can't cover your own obvious mistakes....don't offer that service at all. If it was showing it on it's way to it's destination and the tracking trailed off....I could have let it go, but showing that they clearly were sending it to the wrong country and wouldn't make things right, really rubbed me the wrong way.

The next 2 were this past December. Both were going to different parts of the US and both of their tracking numbers just trailed off and never re-emerged. This seemed strange as they were both shipped the same week, but both went missing at different locations.

The most recent one was just this month (very close to the same period as the 2nd and 3rd missing packages) so it does raise some concerns that this is an issue on the rise....especially when 3 of the missing 4 have all been in the past 4 months in a 5 year period of constantly shipping orders (usually without issue). Hopefully these recent MIA packages is just a fluke.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbug:

Postal problems are everywhere these days. In Chicago, it's been on the news. Our (long time) carrier retired and after that, all bets have been off. This is a big topic on NextDoor in my area and in others. Some times we get mail and some times a couple of days go by with nothing delivered. We also get mail from other addresses. It's so bad that we've had meetings with our Alderman and Post Office officials.

Same here. Our postal lady was phenomenal. Like a clock every day, packages by the back door, never a screw up for years. She retired. It’s been utter crap since then. Wrong mail, no mail, missing packages. What ward do you live in?

#32 5 years ago

Same problem in Southern Ohio!

#33 5 years ago

It varies. A friend employed at a delivery branch tells great stories that are less-than-amusing when you realize what it says about the community. Some employees are there to collect a check. The top workers do theirs then, late in the day, jump into action to cover the slackers. I wonder if the problem is much bigger than the state of USPS. Society.

Goofy story; My package was delivered. Amazon shoots an email stating a problem and noting 'delivery not possible'. I contact Amazon to convey the package has been delivered and there isn't a problem. Amazon shoots another email stating 'refunding item'. I contact the seller stating that amazon is not listening and preparing to refund the item - I have the item!!! The seller states; That is goofy, we'll keep an eye on it, enjoy your gift. The tracking on USPS shows the package is lost, last known place in Elgin.

#34 5 years ago

I've had so many issues with USPS locally it's not even funny. I had a package that was signature required and stayed home to get it, only to see my USPS pull up to my mailbox, insert the card that said they tried to deliver it, and take off... zero attempt to come to my door in an actual attempt to deliver it. It then became a wild goose chase to get my package and trying to file a complaint was a joke.. no one cared and there appears to be ZERO accountability for USPS workers (no wonder they don't do their job!). The package ended up going to my local USPS Pickup annex, which of course is a good 15-20 minute one way drive which is a haul and way out of the way.

I also had a USPS package delivered where the guy stood at the end of my sidewalk and tossed the package 10 feet to my door.. the package had electronics in it. I caught the incident on my security cameras and again, calls to USPS went unanswered and no one cared.

The reason USPS is so bad is because of the ZERO accountability for its workers... they can do whatever they want and it's nearly impossible to bring a legitimate complaint against anyone from my experiences.

#35 5 years ago

Were they expensive packages? My USPS office only “loses” expensive packages. Gotta love those guys! So good at what they do. <cough>

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-losing-packages?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.