7 days ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png

#1 7 days ago

I have lost two different mod packages by usps days apart coming from different vendors. Very frustrating since you can’t file a claim until two weeks later. Anyone else having usps problems?

#2 7 days ago

Yup, my Titan rubbers went astray. They were shipped first class, so no automatic insurance like priority mail. I had to file a claim with my credit card unfortunately.

Also had an expensive mech from out of the country disappear. Seller filed a claim a couple months later. Then it magically got delivered: like they actually decided to search for it when the claim was made, and found it who knows where.

#3 7 days ago

I have Two Damaged large packages in past month. Seems like if I put a Fragile sticker on them they get thrown around more.
    Who Dunnit lasseriffic topper was one of them. I've received and shipped 20 plus of these toppers, never a problem till now. How do you break that thick acrylic?

#4 7 days ago

I haven't had anything that ultimately ended up getting lost, but the last 2 Pinstadiums I ordered have disappeared off the tracking radar for 4 or 5 days before they got delivered. These were priority mail, too.

#5 7 days ago

Hundreds upon hundreds of USPS shipments to and from me and none lost.

#6 7 days ago

Pretty much every other week, I get a package destined for someone else or a my package gets delivered to the wrong address. Very frustrating.

#7 7 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seems like if I put a Fragile sticker on them they get thrown around more.

True that!

#8 7 days ago

FWIW, I had FedEx drop a package off the other day at my house for someone else. Same house number, wrong street.

That being said, I need boards here by Saturday and paid extra for FedEx because the USPS has been inconsistent with Priority.

#9 7 days ago

Our neighborhood (closest to the local PO, and therefore used as the "training route" for new hires) has had problems for _years_ with misdirected packages.

The _only_ way to deal with this is to get in your local Postmaster's face, and _stay there_. Start nicely, then escalate; it took threats to go to _his_ Supervisor to get anything done with ours.

OTOH, I've also gotten to know the people at [our street number] [nearest cross street] quite well, as FedEx has been cross-delivering our packages for the entire 24 years (Today! Happy anniversary to me!) that I've lived here.

#10 7 days ago

My problem isn’t getting delivered to a wrong address , it’s packages getting lost in transport to my city.

#11 7 days ago

Been having more issues with USPS lately than usual myself. One package was apparently attempted to be delivered (while I was home) and said it was not accessible (which it was). Then says it would be delivered the next day which it was not, then I was on a wild goose chase to find out where the package ended up a week later (at a different post office than it was supposed to be at). Then another package was held up for another week in limbo somewhere (not showing up on the tracking), but eventually showed up. USPS is a mess and their customer service is almost non-existent. Both calls were over 1.5 hours on hold.

#12 7 days ago

I’m having issues with fedex recently. I’ve had issues with usps as well.

#13 6 days ago

That's nothing. UPS lost a playfield that was in a wooden crate and they have no idea what happened to it. They did finally pay out (luckily I had full insurance on it) but it took them four months to finally cut me a check, which cost me a lot of time and more expense..... This is why I vow to never ship again, parts or games.....it's just not worth the hassle anymore.

John

#14 6 days ago

The most annoying part of my last debacle was I bought an arcade board from a guy in Italy and it managed to arrive at the local Chicago sorting facility in like 2 days after it shipped.. then it took almost a week for me to get from within my own actual city.

#15 6 days ago

#16 6 days ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

The most annoying part of my last debacle was I bought an arcade board from a guy in Italy and it managed to arrive at the local Chicago sorting facility in like 2 days after it shipped.. then it took almost a week for me to get from within my own actual city.

that is almost certainly on customs, not the post office directly. I've had things from england land is 2 days then wait up to 4 weeks to clear.

#17 6 days ago

I am not particularly happy with any of the delivery services.
    At least once a month we get packages delivered to our address by mistake
    or our package delivered to someone else by mistake.
    Also my mom recently moved and we set up mail forwarding (supposedly effective for 6 months)
    but after a few months it appears they stopped forwarding any mail,
    which was a pain especially when expecting 1099-R tax statements from various banking institutes.
    I even mailed a test letter to my mom's old address to see how long it would take to get forwarded,
    and 4 weeks later it is still not been delivered.
    One 1099R statement did finally arrive after 3 weeks from post mark date.

#18 6 days ago

According to tracking information, my box of Comet LEDs has been sitting in a Boulder, CO post office since March 1. USPS promised to look into it, so I'm hopeful the issue will be resolved before the end of the Anthropocene geological epoch.

#19 6 days ago

I’m having the same exact problem as you with my comet order. Been in boulder since March 5th and hasn’t moved. I’m filing a missing package report today

#20 6 days ago

Hundreds and hundreds(1000’s) of orders shipped to me and several big ticket items never received. Checked with local Post Master he says “they were delivered”. Yeah, just not to me. Soo long NOS Wms coin doors.....sad part is wrong person who they were delivered to prob threw NOS coin door skins or PC boards right into trash can, expecting an iPad or other modern practical treasure.
    Wouldn’t it be something if GPS was attached to the tracking info when scanned and delivered? Asking too much, huh USPS?
    Almost lost TWO Gottlieb BH Pascal sound boards TODAY. Got notice of attempted delivery(carrier never, ever, rings bell or knocks). Went to PO, customer service employee says “ don’t know where you’re package is”, and takes another customer. Wasn’t until I said it’s HIGH VALUE and I hope you’re not done looking that it was tracked down.
    Some people are lucky they are blessed with good mail delivery.

#21 5 days ago

I literally just got off the phone with a USPS customer service rep yesterday when I first saw this thread, impeccable timing. I read some of the posts and was going to share, but had to keep moving. Usually, we have little to no problems with the USPS, but it must've been my turn to get bit.

I ordered a poster for my game room weeks ago, and the seller sent it via their Tacoma, WA USPS. The item was shown as picked up but soon after went into the 'In-Transit, Arriving Late' notes in the tracking. I called the USPS to make a claim, but a day or two later my local manager called and said he's got nothing, had to close the claim and that it should be dealt with at the Tacoma branch, which I thought was weird. Apparently the service rep made the wrong location designation in the claim I later found out in this second call. 7 days or more went by, well after the expected delivery date, and it stayed as 'Arriving Late' for a few days until it then reverted back to 'Pre-shipment, waiting for item'. The seller promises they sent it out.

Then, the seller feels bad about the situation and opts to send another poster to make up for the USPS blunder, and that one was supposed to deliver yesterday, but went into the 'In-Transit, Arriving Late' notes and removed the delivery date. This is why I called back and had them review the claim another time.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, my poster arrived today. It's been through the ringer and has irreversible creases and bends in the paper. Damn.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.09.35 PM (resized).png

#22 5 days ago
    Quoted from Fun-N-Games:

Wouldn’t it be something if GPS was attached to the tracking info when scanned and delivered?

Actually, it is. You have to escalate it with a manager, and be pushy. I got to know my mailman pretty well, he was the head of the clan here, and have a few reports pulled for me, it shows maps of it being scanned at my home and where it's scanned along the way. Unfortunately, if it was not delivered, it's useless. For what it's worth, I send thousands of packages a year, and very few are totally lost. A few get wacky, bouncing around the US for no reasons, but lost ones are rare.

#23 5 days ago

I live in New Mexico and have had packages go to Mexico and back before I get them a week or two later sometimes.

#24 5 days ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

I live in New Mexico and have had packages go to Mexico and back before I get them a week or two later sometimes.

Have them write “NEW” bigger!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside