Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tanooki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Untitled.png
    mailman.jpg
    usps 2.jpg
    usps 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hooked.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

USPS sucks. I go to the post office 4 days a weeks mailing items.

I had a 10lb box of mods going to AU. The lady weighs it 10lbs 1.5oz and she made me take it home and redo my label....ok my fault I spend crazy money a month in shipping and they had to make sure that 1.5oz was paid for. So I re due my label and take it back the next day...low and behold 9.7oz today...what a load of crap. Wasted an hour of my life for that...really? I offered to pay for the 1.5oz difference but they said no its a customs thing. But when it weighted 9.7 oz and I paid for basically 11lbs it was perfectly fine for customs.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

If you mail that often there are many choices to do the work at home and then just drop it off. I use Shipstation and a Dymo 4xl label writer. At some point you have to ask yourself what your time and the hassle are worth and just make the small investment in yourself and your business. If you need any advice feel free to PM me.

I used to have the packages picked up...till two large issues with items not being scanned until they arrived at the location - one was a large order in EU other a quite large check to PA.
    Since then I do all labels here and everything over 1lb gets scanned by hand at the local post offices.
    Oddly enough my local one (which I cant visit due to day job) is the best of the bunch. They told me the more people that come through the line the more hours they get and they really appreciate my business. They hook me up with supplies and advice all the time. The small city I work in has two offices one sucks the other sucks less lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hooked.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-is-ridiculous?tu=hooked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.