Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tanooki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Untitled.png
    mailman.jpg
    usps 2.jpg
    usps 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

A class action lawsuit will result in you getting $20 and the lawyers take the rest.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Is it just me or does it seem like that USPS should be held more accountable for the shipping times that they advertise. I mean you pay for Priority Mail and instead of the 2-5 days that they say it should take it takes a week or more before you get your package. Heck you might as well send it First Class and it might get their quicker. Anyway just a little annoyed as I am waiting on parts and it feels like I might not ever get them. Sad thing is it happens to me all the time as a shipper, when I pay for the priority service and I would have been better off sending it First Class. Just really feel like we should be able to get our money back if the package doesn't arrive in the advertised time frame. I am not a sue happy kind of person but in this case I would really love to get a class action law suit started so that this issue would get addressed.
    What do you all think?

So you keep sending it priority and the same thing keeps happening, and you figure you'd do better sending it first class, but you don't?

What was it Albert Einstein said about insanity?

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

That may be the case but I stand by, F the usps. Slow, inefficient, outdated and a drain on our tax dollars. Privatize them and while they're at it, dump the Amtrak subsidies.

Yes, UPS will do much better...

You do understand that USPS doesn't spend a dime of taxpayer money, right?

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, typical uninformed American voter...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/06/news/economy/postal_service/index.htm

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I get a ton on packages from private shipping companies. Their success to fail ratio far exceeds the usps's best day, hell, best year. Sorry if I'm offended any postal carriers here.

USPS moves over 155 billion parcels in a year. UPS about 5 billion.

And no, I'm not a mail carrier nor do I work for USPS.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

maybe not recently but as the late 80's they were. Add to it, they are overseen by the inefficient U.S. government. In the future, try not to insult people when trying to make a point.

So it's ok for you to lump everyone together and insult anyone who works for the federal government, but because I point out to you that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, I'm insulting you?

That's so rich. The next time you feel the urge to spout off about something you don't have the slightest clue about...don't. You won't look like an uninformed clown.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Yet they hemorrhage money. Fantastic business model.

And once again, you show you don't know WTF you're talking about. USPS's financial problems aren't solely the result of their business model. A big problem was a law passed by Congress in 2006, at a time when USPS was making a profit. Read number 2.

http://www.ibtimes.com/usps-deficit-five-problems-plaguing-americas-postal-service-303682

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

My idio..er, carrier, loves to hang things off the flag on my mailbox because he's too lazy to walk to the front door place them there. My flag is plastic..and he hangs things labeled "fragile" off it in a plastic bag, swinging in the breeze. Oh. And..i live in a development. Not a busy road. God forbid someone park too close to my mailbox..no mail that day. It's to hard to stretch that step out the vehicle of the door to put the mail in the box.
    My tax dollars hard at work...

Reading comprehension is so hard...

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I suggest you read my post again. I didn't say they take subsidies. I said they are a drain on the tax payer. The postal system enjoys (at the benefit of the U.S. taxpayer) the following: up to 15 billion in fed line of credit at a rate less than 1%. The postal system is a for profit company yet does not pay taxes, does not pay vehicle registration or licence plate fees and several other items. Now a purist might say they don't get tax payer subsidies in the form of dollars but someone's footing that bill. I wonder who it could be? Let's not forget the 90 million it recieves yearly to deliver mail to the disabled and overseas veterans.
    Save the keyboard tough guy typing for someone who might be intimidated by such bravado. I work in DC and see the inefficiencies and fiduciary waste daily. Perhaps you should be a little more informed before calling others out tough guy typer.

Yes, and no other for profit company in this country receives tax breaks and subsidies from the government. Corporate welfare ring a bell.

I'm tired of fixing stupid in this thread. And stuff the "tough guy" nonsense up your ass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-is-ridiculous?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.