Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tanooki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Untitled.png
    mailman.jpg
    usps 2.jpg
    usps 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptMonkeyPants.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 8 years ago

Check out how USPS handled this package destined for Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. I ordered something off of Amazon that began its journey in China. China Post got it on April 13 and handed it off to the USPS in Chicago on April 18. Not bad!

Then we enter the crazy zone. Menomonee Falls is a suburb of Milwaukee about 90 miles due north of Chicago. It takes 3 days to leave Chicago, and they send it to Des Moines, Iowa. Okay, maybe not the most direct route, but whatever. From there to Creston, Iowa. Then back to Chicago. Now we're getting weird. From it's second visit to Chicago, it's sent to, get this.....Tokyo, Japan. From Tokyo, to Yokohama, Japan. Then it begins another trans-Pacific journey for it's third visit to Chicago.

At this point, I almost don't believe the USPS tracking site. Lo and behold, a few days later it is delivered. I thought maybe it was mis-addressed and that would explain the USPS sending it around the world when it was less than 100 miles away from its destination. Nope, the address is perfectly correct.

At least I have a good mailman. If the package is too big to fit in my mailbox, he will drop it on the ground in the general vicinity of the mailbox, where it will usually roll into the ditch along the street, where it will then get soaked and possibly washed into the sewer system if it rains. At least he tries to deliver the package, rather than send it to Japan....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptMonkeyPants.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usps-is-ridiculous?tu=CaptMonkeyPants and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.