4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tanooki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    Untitled.png
    mailman.jpg
    usps 2.jpg
    usps 1.jpg

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Is it just me or does it seem like that USPS should be held more accountable for the shipping times that they advertise. I mean you pay for Priority Mail and instead of the 2-5 days that they say it should take it takes a week or more before you get your package. Heck you might as well send it First Class and it might get their quicker. Anyway just a little annoyed as I am waiting on parts and it feels like I might not ever get them. Sad thing is it happens to me all the time as a shipper, when I pay for the priority service and I would have been better off sending it First Class. Just really feel like we should be able to get our money back if the package doesn't arrive in the advertised time frame. I am not a sue happy kind of person but in this case I would really love to get a class action law suit started so that this issue would get addressed.

What do you all think, about the USPS being Ridiculous, not the class action lawsuit? That is just way I feel.

#2 4 years ago

A class action lawsuit will result in you getting $20 and the lawyers take the rest.

#3 4 years ago

i think you need to calm down...

i think our legal system is plenty burdened with frivolous lawsuits already...

i think i have had MUCH better service than you...

#4 4 years ago

More likely OP gets a commemorative stamp.
    The lawyers split $15 million.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

I am not a sue happy kind of person but in this case I would really love to get a class action law suit started so that this issue would get addressed.
    What do you all think?

No.

I'm not saying USPS doesn't have its problems, but you get what you pay for. You're paying a federal employee $6 to lug a box of coil stops across the country. A week doesn't seem unrealistic.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i think you need to calm down...
    i think our legal system is plenty burdened with frivolous lawsuits already...
    i think i have had MUCH better service than you...

I think you think too much.

#7 4 years ago
    mailman.jpg
    #8 4 years ago

I sold some Game Boy games to a guy on another site I frequent. He sent me a bunch of pictures of what he received.

USPS is the worst.

usps 1.jpg usps 2.jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Priority mail is not a guaranteed shipping method. The timeline they state is an estimate only. And I would always choose first class when I can. I never choose priority unless I have to because of weight.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I sold some Game Boy games to a guy on another site I frequent. He sent me a bunch of pictures of what he received.
    USPS is the worst.

usps 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    usps 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You didn't ship game boy games in just a regular envelope did you?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Is it just me or does it seem like that USPS should be held more accountable for the shipping times that they advertise. I mean you pay for Priority Mail and instead of the 2-5 days that they say it should take it takes a week or more before you get your package. Heck you might as well send it First Class and it might get their quicker. Anyway just a little annoyed as I am waiting on parts and it feels like I might not ever get them. Sad thing is it happens to me all the time as a shipper, when I pay for the priority service and I would have been better off sending it First Class. Just really feel like we should be able to get our money back if the package doesn't arrive in the advertised time frame. I am not a sue happy kind of person but in this case I would really love to get a class action law suit started so that this issue would get addressed.
    What do you all think?

So you keep sending it priority and the same thing keeps happening, and you figure you'd do better sending it first class, but you don't?

What was it Albert Einstein said about insanity?

#12 4 years ago

I have been waiting 4 months to get my apron back from the silkscreener. Left Oregon last Friday with 2 day shipping. Today I checked the tracking and it says unexpected delay. What's another week or two. F usps.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

No.
    You're paying a federal employee $6 to lug a box of coil stops across the country.

Tad off course there.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

What was it Albert Einstein said about insanity?

He never said anything aboot it.

#14 4 years ago

At our old house, the USPS guy would throw packages at the door. As well, never ring the doorbell. Especially when a signature was required and I was home. They just put, sorry we missed you slips in the mailbox and leave.

#15 4 years ago

Try getting you money back on packages you've insured that they lost.

#16 4 years ago

Some areas have better USPS service than others.

Also, shipping time largely depends upon the distance the package needs to go, and the time of the that the package is dropped off at the post office. Sometimes dropping off a package late in the day can add a day or two of processing time.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

As well, never ring the doorbell. Especially when a signature was required and I was home. They just put, sorry we missed you slips in the mailbox and leave.

Mine does that!!!! Then you can't even go the same day to pick it up. You have to wait till the next day.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

Mine does that!!!! Then you can't even go the same day to pick it up. You have to wait till the next day.

Contact the postmaster about it.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Also, shipping time largely depends upon the distance the package needs to go, and the time of the that the package is dropped off at the post office. Sometimes dropping off a package late in the day can add a day or two of processing time.

That may be the case but I stand by, F the usps. Slow, inefficient, outdated and a drain on our tax dollars. Privatize them and while they're at it, dump the Amtrak subsidies.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

No.
    I'm not saying USPS doesn't have its problems, but you get what you pay for. You're paying a federal employee $6 to lug a box of coil stops across the country. A week doesn't seem unrealistic.

Then they shouldn't advertise that it will be there in 2-5 days, or even suggest that it might be there in that time frame either.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Contact the postmaster about it.

I did, nothing ever happened.

#22 4 years ago

its a bummer that priority is not doing well for you. But in no case is first class somehow the better option. I don't get the discussion on first class here at all. I've seen first class take 3 weeks. Priority is usually 2-3 days and while it does havers share of mishaps, it's fairly reliable and a way better service than first class

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

USPS is the worst.

usps 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    usps 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

awesome. when you got a motto like that you gotta get some traction somehow when your stuck in a snowstorm

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

That may be the case but I stand by, F the usps. Slow, inefficient, outdated and a drain on our tax dollars. Privatize them and while they're at it, dump the Amtrak subsidies.

Yes, UPS will do much better...

You do understand that USPS doesn't spend a dime of taxpayer money, right?

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, typical uninformed American voter...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/06/news/economy/postal_service/index.htm

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here is one for you.. I sent a package to Columbus IN, 2.5 hours away from me. Bet you can't guess how long it took the package to get there, almost a week. Funny thing is I ship things to Cali and they make it there in 3 days. So I would kind of disagree with you about the distance thing, as with my experience it has nothing to do with where you are sending it.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I get a ton on packages from private shipping companies. Their success to fail ratio far exceeds the usps's best day, hell, best year. Sorry if I'm offended any postal carriers here.

#27 4 years ago

Also my comment about "What do you guys Think?" is more about where USPS is ridiculous and not the class action lawsuit. I know that the class action lawsuit wouldn't get me any real money, it is just the way I feel is all.

#28 4 years ago

A class action lawsuit,even if won which it wouldn't,would then cause shipping prices to go a bit higher.All the companies we buy from would raise their prices also.
    We all lose even more.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I have been waiting 4 months to get my apron back from the silkscreener. Left Oregon last Friday with 2 day shipping. Today I checked the tracking and it says unexpected delay. What's another week or two. F usps.

I have a package that has the same Unexpected Delay crap as well. What BS..

#30 4 years ago

Our Mailman used to be great when I first moved here. He would show up at 10am like clockwork and come right to the door, like he did for everyone else, door delivery in my town.

Then fast forward several years, and it changed to a mailwoman. She would stroll on by at 2:30-3, and in the winter would complain about delivering up to my house, because we would get belted with huge snow fall and it was more of a trek to my door step unlike my neighbors. I would often see her on her cell phone sitting down the street in her truck, and a couple times before my mail was even delivered, she was down the street buying groceries. She complained so much about delivering to my house, that I had to have a sit down with the post master, and he was such an a-hole. I was totally calm and trying to comply and he was just railing on me about delivering, saying she ''twisted her ankle'' in my driveway. Okay. Shrugs. Long story short, he demanded I put a mailbox at the end of my driveway and I had to follow all these stupid measurements with height and distance to the street. blah. I'm the only one is town with a mailbox. Works well when people come here though, I just tell them to look for the only mailbox in town

I have a new mailman now, and his delivery is around 3-4pm. He likes to leave my $200 board packages down by the mailbox, right under it, so people walking by could easily just grab it. He's also been known to carry my mail around with him, on days it was suppose to be delivered, it shows up a couple days late, and more than a few times has delivered the wrong mail to me.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I get a ton on packages from private shipping companies. Their success to fail ratio far exceeds the usps's best day, hell, best year. Sorry if I'm offended any postal carriers here.

USPS moves over 155 billion parcels in a year. UPS about 5 billion.

And no, I'm not a mail carrier nor do I work for USPS.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

You do understand that USPS doesn't spend a dime of taxpayer money, right?
    Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, typical uninformed American voter...
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/06/news/economy/postal_service/index.htm

maybe not recently but as the late 80's they were. Add to it, they are overseen by the inefficient U.S. government. In the future, try not to insult people when trying to make a point.

#33 4 years ago

Stamps sends a message to my customers....First Class in 1-3 days. We list 5-9 days. Some are taking longer....This causes much confusion and headache....

I wish they would send out more accurate data...and the scans are working about 80%-85% of the time.

Even 1 lost package is a mountain of grief for the customer and shipper.

Internal, off the record discussions, I have had have suggested they, (USPS) want forced changes,
    a corporate buy out, (Amazon??) or something to fix the retirement and expense issues they have.
    The off the record conversations include a huge increase in lost packages, damaged packages, etc.

I grant you, that for the cost and service they do do an amazing job, but the few issues...several a week can take many many hours to correct, and no one is happy.

We may have to move to only insured shipping, as any lost package that did not have insurance purchased, can result in a CC charge back, and the shipper loses both goods and payment.

Pretty crazy these last 90 days with them.......

#34 4 years ago

Being that the USPS leaves boxes and mail at my house addressed to another street altogether, I am happy that my packages actually arrive.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

USPS moves over 155 billion parcels in a year. UPS about 5 billion.
    And no, I'm not a mail carrier nor do I work for USPS.

Yet they hemorrhage money. Fantastic business model.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Priority mail is not a guaranteed shipping method. The timeline they state is an estimate only. And I would always choose first class when I can. I never choose priority unless I have to because of weight.

Totally agree with this. I used to send everything Priority. Then one day when I was the only person in line at the post office, and there was just the one clerk, she was kind enough to educate me in how the system works. She explained how I was just wasting my money. I've sent everything I can by First Class ever since, and the delivery times are rarely any longer than before. At least for the small packages that I typically ship. YMMV.

#38 4 years ago

I placed 4 orders recently for parts from various places in the states. 3 were USPS one was UPS/DHL. All four orders took just over a week but the USPS shipping option cost quite a bit less. They may stink domestically but they seem pretty good for international at least. I was pleasantly surprised.

#39 4 years ago

yes lets press charges, they should be locked up. I sure would like for my taxes to go into that because you're a whiney bitch.

#40 4 years ago

Government BS at its finest.

#43 4 years ago

It's 3-5 days FROM THE TIME OF PICK UP.

So just because someone prints a label and you get an email with a tracking number, the 3-5 day countdown does not start yet.

If I print a priority label at 3pm and then go drop the package in the blue mailbox, the mailbox says pickup time is 2:15pm each day. Since I've already missed today's pickup, it really does not get moving until a full day later.

If I'm lazy and don't put it into the mailbox until tomorrow after work, I have added 2 days to the shipping time.

-

I normally can Priority a package from Cinci to Hollywood in 2 day flat - if I can get it to the mailbox before 2:15pm.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's 3-5 days FROM THE TIME OF PICK UP.
    So just because someone prints a label and you get an email with a tracking number, the 3-5 day countdown does not start yet.
    If I print a priority label at 3pm and then go drop the package in the blue mailbox, the mailbox says pickup time is 2:15pm each day. Since I've already missed today's pickup, it really does not get moving until a full day later.
    If I'm lazy and don't put it into the mailbox until tomorrow after work, I have added 2 days to the shipping time.
    -
    I normally can Priority a package from Cinci to Hollywood in 2 day flat - if I can get it to the mailbox before 2:15pm.

This is true. But a.) I take all my packages to the Post Office and b.) when someone sends me something I don't start counting the days till it has been listed as leaving post office that touches it first.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's the biggest thing I see these days. I get a notification immediately, this means a label has been printed. Then when you read the travel description later it doesn't actually "arrive at ..." for a day or two.

#46 4 years ago

USPS sucks. I go to the post office 4 days a weeks mailing items.

I had a 10lb box of mods going to AU. The lady weighs it 10lbs 1.5oz and she made me take it home and redo my label....ok my fault I spend crazy money a month in shipping and they had to make sure that 1.5oz was paid for. So I re due my label and take it back the next day...low and behold 9.7oz today...what a load of crap. Wasted an hour of my life for that...really? I offered to pay for the 1.5oz difference but they said no its a customs thing. But when it weighted 9.7 oz and I paid for basically 11lbs it was perfectly fine for customs.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

yes lets press charges, they should be locked up. I sure would like for my taxes to go into that because you're a whiney bitch.

Good lord there are some morons on this forum. Please go back and reread this thread. Not one mention of criminal charges were brought up until your ridiculous post. Please explain to the rest of us how your taxes go to the USPS. "The USPS has not directly received taxpayer-dollars since the early 1980s with the exception of subsidies for costs associated with the disabled and overseas voters"

Now stop being a whiny little bitch and commenting on things you obviously have no clue about.

#48 4 years ago

It's almost like there's 4 different carriers that you can choose from.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

USPS sucks. I go to the post office 4 days a weeks mailing items.
    I had a 10lb box of mods going to AU. The lady weighs it 10lbs 1.5oz and she made me take it home and redo my label....ok my fault I spend crazy money a month in shipping and they had to make sure that 1.5oz was paid for. So I re due my label and take it back the next day...low and behold 9.7oz today...what a load of crap. Wasted an hour of my life for that...really? I offered to pay for the 1.5oz difference but they said no its a customs thing. But when it weighted 9.7 oz and I paid for basically 11lbs it was perfectly fine for customs.

If you mail that often there are many choices to do the work at home and then just drop it off. I use Shipstation and a Dymo 4xl label writer. At some point you have to ask yourself what your time and the hassle are worth and just make the small investment in yourself and your business. If you need any advice feel free to PM me.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Totally agree with this. I used to send everything Priority. Then one day when I was the only person in line at the post office, and there was just the one clerk, she was kind enough to educate me in how the system works. She explained how I was just wasting my money. I've sent everything I can by First Class ever since, and the delivery times are rarely any longer than before. At least for the small packages that I typically ship. YMMV.

And that clerk is absolutely right. Priority will generally get it there only a day earlier than 1st Class, if that. All the rest of this talk is being an unfortunate victim of small-sample-size...they make mistakes but cost vs value vs performance USPS 1st class shipping is easily the best choice for small packages with a less than life affecting value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6.95
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside