6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RacingPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I am fixing up a Meteor. The keylines around the inserts are bad & most inserts also have a colored band as part of the keyline, which I cannot touch up very well. I made a sheet of rings on transparent laser waterslide decal paper using a color laser copier. The black keyline is great but the yellow & tan bands are not opaque enough and would not cover anything underneath of a different color in the event of slight size difference/misalignment. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the lighter colors to cover better?

The only solutions I see are:

a. paint the colored bands white before applying the decal
    b use white backed decal paper, but cutting precise circles inside & outside the keyline is difficult

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

If you can find someone with an Alps printer that can do them for you that would work. You would need a white basecoat first.

Mike V

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-transparent-laser-waterslide-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.