Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by xsvtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dusty_Art_(resized).jpg
    Liquid_City_Graphic_Novel_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello Pinball World! I know this topic has been discussed in different ways but I wanted to see if some of you that are legal or knowledgeable could chime in on an idea I have.

My Brother does incredible pencil/ink fantasy artwork with incredible amounts of detail. We have an idea of creating a series of art that takes popular (say top 100 list) pinball machines and makes them come alive. Hard to explain without a sample but short end of it the items we would make are original one of kind art work for framing in game rooms, and possibly the same artwork on other items such as a translite or t-shirt. Primarily we would start with just framed artwork.

The question to all of you is what are the legalities of using lets say using the likeness and name of a pinball machine like Monster Bash in a piece of art and selling it without any licensing? Is it allowed in anyway? Are there things we can do and things we can't? We could do "Generic" or "Concept" art easy enough but I think there would be more of a demand for know pinball machines. Also would come into play themes that haven't been done like lets say an artistic rendering of a Pink Floyd "The Wall" le pinball machine but that use copyrighted names and album titles or impressions of the artwork from an album. Any feedback is appreciated!

Sample of my Brothers Artwork of a Graphic Novel he used to do.
    Liquid_City_Graphic_Novel_(resized).jpgLiquid_City_Graphic_Novel_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

It's only illegal if you get caught...

HA! Yes but I am one that wants to do things legit and so does my accountant

#4 7 years ago

Another sample of the stuff he does.
    Dusty_Art_(resized).jpgDusty_Art_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-pinball-machine-names-and-likeness-without-license?tu=jesterfunhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.