(Topic ID: 234856)

Using paypal

By mtp78

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6FC6117E-521C-4AFF-8AA8-E04F68994A19 (resized).jpeg
    3e53c1a8e609f96ae7ee9b7b99f07219be58cbd0 (resized).jpg
    0C80D762-BA09-45AD-BEBC-E00DB55629BF (resized).jpeg
    10A4569A-7940-454A-B150-5BA1F2D01306 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

So after reading all this, What does everyone suggest other than "Cash on the Glass" to protect yourself from getting scammed? Im getting ready to sell a Ghostbusters, and don't want to get screwed out of my game. Usually I'm not opposed to doing business with someone out of state, but now Im thinking twice about that. I saw someone posted to use escrow.com. Anyone else tried that? Being a former business owner of a retail bicycle shop, I would get disputed checks every so often, after the money had been deposited. Then I was out the money and the product. Had to file a police report etc....which did nothing.

For the record I have never had an issue buying and selling with Paypal. However on large purchases, I would rather pay a little extra and have an invoice from the seller as protection. As a Seller, friends and family the money.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Even with cash on the glass, you have the potential to be scammed. Let’s say you sell an $8,000 pin. Are you gonna go through all 80 of those 100 dollar bills and verify there’s no counterfeits? There are some ultra realistic looking counterfeit bills out there. The chances of that happening are pretty slim to none, but it could happen

you can get one of those counterfeit pens and check the cash.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There are so many dangerous old wivestales in this thread, it's almost like 90% of the people want to see you get ripped off.

The ONLY way to sell and ship your $8,000 game out of state, is escrow.com

That's it.

Do not make another move until you read this thread:

Thank You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-paypal?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.