Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rcbaughn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, half the small back lights on my TMNT machine's back box isn't working, and the larger bulbs are neither working. Since I believe the easiest route would be to just make a jumper to the first bulb in the circuit, and possibly do the same to the larger back box bulbs since none of the lights flash I believe. I would replace all the back box bulbs with LEDs so they don't overdraw that single circuit, and all would be well. Is this an appropriate route to take? I can take the connector and put pressure on it and the upper small LEDS will work, so I guess its a bad pin, even though the connector appears perfect.

#2 5 years ago

Anyone? I know this may not seem the best route, but it the only solution I have come up with. I restore and rewind antique electric fans, really early ornate, rare, and expensive ceiling fans pre-1900. This is the line of fix I would do, but pinball is a different game altogether to work with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbaughn:

I would replace all the back box bulbs with LEDs so they don't overdraw that single circuit, and all would be well. Is this an appropriate route to take?

What makes this route superior to finding and fixing the problem?
You'll find a manual here: https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2509
Look at page 50-51 of the .pdf at the wiring diagram for the backbox.

#4 5 years ago

Replacing pins is not something I am familiar with, never messed with soldering on a circuit board. I have the S out on the TURTLES part as well. Trying to figure out solutions I am comfortable with. Maybe I can replace a pin though without mucking up the board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-jumpers-for-tmnt-backbox-bulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.