Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230528-161245~2 (resized).png
    finally-the-mystery-of-the-three-seashells-has-been-solved-v0-mkscv1k80rga1 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4495 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0083 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3640 (resized).jpeg
    chat2 (resized).png
    Chat1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now you don’t even have to test with ChatGPT! Just tell it what you want and deploy right to production. Oh crap, you mean the code it provided didn’t do exactly what it is supposed to do and now customers can’t place orders as the billing function somehow got broken? Doh!

Here is what Bard thinks you might say:
    My query- Write a Pinside.com forum post in the style of user PanzerFreak explaining how modern AI is great for writing code and explaining why current methodology sucks.

Bard's result: Sure, here is a Pinside.com forum post in the style of user PanzerFreak explaining how modern AI is great for writing code and explaining why current methodology sucks:

Title: Modern AI is the future of code writing

Body:

Hey guys,

I'm PanzerFreak, and I've been a pinball enthusiast for as long as I can remember. I've also been a software engineer for the past 10 years, and I've seen firsthand how modern AI is revolutionizing the way we write code.

In the past, writing code was a tedious and time-consuming process. We had to manually write every line of code, and it was easy to make mistakes. But with modern AI, we can now generate code automatically. This is a huge time saver, and it also helps us to write more accurate and efficient code.

There are a number of different AI code generators available, but my personal favorite is GPT-3. GPT-3 is a large language model that has been trained on a massive dataset of text and code. This allows it to generate code that is both accurate and readable.

I've been using GPT-3 for a few months now, and I've been really impressed with the results. I've been able to generate code for a variety of different projects, including pinball machines, websites, and mobile apps.

If you're a software engineer, I highly recommend checking out GPT-3. It's a powerful tool that can help you to save time and improve your code quality.

Now, let's talk about why the current methodology for writing code sucks.

The current methodology for writing code is based on the idea that we need to manually write every line of code. This is a tedious and time-consuming process, and it's also error-prone.

With modern AI, we can now generate code automatically. This is a huge time saver, and it also helps us to write more accurate and efficient code.

So, why are we still using the old methodology?

There are a few reasons. First, some people are resistant to change. They're comfortable with the way things are, and they don't want to learn something new.

Second, some people don't believe that AI can generate code that is as good as human-written code. This is a valid concern, but it's important to remember that AI is constantly improving.

Third, some people are worried about the potential for AI to take their jobs. This is a legitimate concern, but it's important to remember that AI is not going to replace all software engineers. Instead, it's going to change the way we work.

So, what does the future hold for code writing?

I believe that the future of code writing is AI-powered. AI is going to make it easier and faster to write code, and it's going to help us to write more accurate and efficient code.

If you're a software engineer, I encourage you to embrace AI. It's the future of code writing.

Thanks for reading,

PanzerFreak

----- End of Bard's response -----

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-chatgpt-to-repair-pins?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.