(Topic ID: 212214)

Using Andre's Test ROM V2 w/ System 6

By ThatOneDude

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I built the EEPROM programmer, and after some trials and normal silliness, I have a Gorgar System 6 MPU board booting Andre's test ROM v2.
It seems to differ from other videos I've seen in that it seems to be testing backwards. The bar lights I used are wired in the same direction as the connector(left most pin connected to left most led, etc).
I took a video of the main test and the old test running. Can someone familiar with this ROM take a look and see how they would interpret the results?

Thanks!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

If you don't like the right to left led blink, turn your diag PCB around or rewire it =D

lol, I'm ok with either direction. I just used the wiring scheme I got with the ROM image, and was wondering if it was correct.

Quoted from barakandl:

Sound PIA (the flickers in your vid means it failed the test, but that PIA is not used on sys 6 so normal to fail)

So, if that one was the non-existent PIA, does that mean that it generally passed test #1?

Quoted from barakandl:

After running the test a second time by pushing the CPU diag it goes into test mode where it pulses all the solenoids few at a time in a pattern. Lights up the lamp matrix in a pattern where you can see if there is a problem. It might do something with the switch, display, and sound PIA in that mode too, but I never really checked to see.

I built the LED board to be able to connect to the solenoid output. I'll test that next. (need to wire up a couple of new connectors)

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Your video looks like your System 6 MPU/Driver is passing all of the Andre ROM tests

*stares at Gorgar*
I have you now, you beast!

Thanks again for taking a look barakandl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-andres-test-rom-v2-w-system-6?tu=ThatOneDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.