Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Razor
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

For all of you that aren't technicians, but aren't afraid of touching a soldering iron once in a while either, I'm making a series of Youtube videos. I find that information on how to do small mods is sometimes relatively harder to find or to understand than it should be.

I've just finished my last one. It shows in 3 steps how you can use a 7 digit Bally display in a Stern game and vice versa. Nothing new or fancy. But if you're looking for the info, it might save you a search!

Interested in this type of videos? You can always subscribe to my channel Ballen van Staal. I'll be posting pinball vids on a regular basis. www.youtube.com/channel/UCuaEkZ_Fe9-SZV5ZDjPUiew

Let me know what you think!

Edit: Youtube layout

8 months later
#2 9 years ago

Okay. So this is very helpful. (Two thumbs up for posting this, OP.) I am still looking for a schematic of a Stern DA-300 display. I know that the level shifter is a MPS-42. Does anyone know what the digit driver is? I tried replacing it with a 2N5401 but that did NOT solve the problem. Thoughts? Suggestions?

#4 9 years ago

Awesome! Just what the doctor ordered. (Seems I was wrong, but the question is answered and that's the important part.) Insomniac Aussies come through for me yet again. Thanks!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Awesome! ..Insomniac Aussies come through for me yet again. Thanks!

we're here for you man ... dont forget that

#6 9 years ago

Very nicely done

#7 9 years ago

Excellent!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 3.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/using-a-bally-7-digit-display-in-a-stern-7-digit-game-or-vice-versa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.