(Topic ID: 141803)

UShip Shipper Recommendation

By AtTheArcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm not 100% sure if this belongs here so if it needs to be moved, just let me know.

I took a chance and chose to use UShip for a pinball transport from Orlando, FL to Charleston, SC. I placed the ad yesterday and a few hours later I had a couple of responses. I lucked out and found a husband and wife team that were down in Ft. Lauderdale and headed up to NC. This was their first pinball move so I was a little concerned but they had great reviews on UShip. This was my first time using UShip so I was a little clueless as to how things worked but basically the shippers can ask questions and you can get most of the fine details out before they put in a bid for the job. If you accept the bid you then get their contact email address and phone number where you can work out any other details. UShip gives you a payment code that you then give to the shipper when your good safely arrive. That code lets them unlock their money that UShip is holding.

I wanted to put these shippers on Pinside in case anyone else needs helps moving a machine around the southeast. The price was reasonable at $250. It would have probably been $100 in gas for me to do it and then there's a 12-13 hour road trip that you have to make time for on top of that. They moved the machine in an enclosed car trailer. They placed it on a rubber mat to help with cushioning the ride. They put towels between the head and the body, shrink wrapped the legs, the translite, and also put a bit of shrink wrap on the game itself. They then blanketed the game and lightly strapped it down. The game I purchased was in very good condition and it arrived that way as well so I know they took great care of me. http://www.uship.com/profile/2moore/

#2 8 years ago

Yea ive meant a few of the uship transporters and all did great job and much cheaper than other companies.

#3 8 years ago

How much was insurance?

Would there have been any deductible if you used it?

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

How much was insurance?
    Would there have been any deductible if you used it?

Insurance was going to be $40 I think but I opted out because there was a bit too much fine print for my liking.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uship-shipper-recommendation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.