• Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

game (resized).jpg
spooks0 (resized).jpg
#1 23 days ago

I've been buying & shipping games for a number of years. I usually use Michelle at Beltman/CRST. The service has been good, but prices have gone up considerably. I tried uShip once and while it was double the work coordinating shipments, it was half the cost of Beltman/CRST. I just tried to ship another game, from an auction house to my home, and I booked the job on uShip with a company called Masada Logistics out of Maryland. Long story short, the owner contracted this job out to a disreputable fella who picked up my game, then proceeded to steal both Masada's van AND my game. Whereabouts unknown at this point.

Long story short, I think I'm going to avoid uShip at this point. While cheaper, it's a pain managing the shipment on your own and you're really taking a chance.

And if anyone sees a Williams 'Spooks' gun game for sale in the Maryland area, it's likely mine.

spooks0 (resized).jpgspooks0 (resized).jpg

#2 23 days ago
Quoted from Deluxodave:

Long story short, the owner contracted this job out to a disreputable fella who picked up my game, then proceeded to steal both Masada's van AND my game. Whereabouts unknown at this point.

Wow.
Sorry to hear that.
Is Masada or their insurance going to cover the loss?

#3 23 days ago

Damn, that sucks. Sorry man.
For shipping I am down to Fastenal only.

#4 23 days ago

Fastenal is a good tip. Still working things out with Masada. Hopefully they do the right thing.

#5 23 days ago

I have been watching Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace to see if this guy tries to dump my game.

#6 22 days ago

Are there any pictures if the actual game to identify it ?

#7 22 days ago

Sorry to hear it.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the first time someone reported a game theft when using uship. Completely unvetted randos offer their services to haul stuff. I wouldn't touch the service with a 300ft pole. While shipping with an established shipper can be more expensive, at least you have some peace of mind that they're not likely to run off with the shipment.

One past uship incident, followed by a recovery from a pawn shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alert-stolen-pinball-tmnt

While this doesn't help when you're the one sending a shipper to pick up a game, the few times I've had games picked up from me by a shipper, I've taken photos of the truck, any logos/markings, the plate, and (quietly) the driver and any crew. Then at least there's something you can add to the police report on the chance that the shipment and/or truck goes missing.

Have you reported the theft to the police as well as uship? You need to file your own police report, and not rely on uship for this.

#8 21 days ago

I did report to the police. Both in the county where the van was stolen, and the county where the item was stolen. I'm not wildly optimistic this will be found. Reading that other uShip Pinside thread, I think I'm going to look for pawn shops in the general vicinity where this was picked up. I hadn't considered that as a dumping spot, but it makes sense. In this case, taking photos of the van wouldn't have helped as the dude stole that as well, but it does seem like a good idea in general.

I'll update this thread if I can track this down. Image of the actual game below.

game (resized).jpggame (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.