Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    3850303_0 (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    45849B6C-07AD-421D-8828-ADE3BDBF1253 (resized).jpeg
    pinside-achievement (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B5C76FEB-C8DF-4B1B-8D73-CA4085D3C2E8 (resized).png
    FC2EAD6D-F7B8-4196-A5D1-8614B7E187D9 (resized).png
    award (3) (resized).png
    F24EB821-0B6F-45EF-AFF3-4EBBD6BBDD27 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (10).gif
    Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.57.21 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

Adding fake locations should be a ban as far as I'm concerned. I make it a bit of a side hobby to try to find new locations in my area to add to the map. If I'm out of my local area and am looking for a place to eat, I pull up the pin map to see if there is a place nearby I can eat and play a pin. Sending people on wild goose chase is a dick move.

#11 4 years ago

This reminds me, I had someone PM me asking me to follow them specifically so they could get an achievement. I have had no interaction with the user previously, and the message system would not let me respond since the sender already deleted the message. What a tool.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

Hey.. i just found in my browser cache from clicking those twitter posts.. they were all added by jeffspinballpalace

Not surprising.

#30 4 years ago

Looking at Jeff's achievement page, it looks like most of his collection achievements are bullshit also.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

In this case... i reached out to the user... inquiring the reason behind the rash of edits in a region they aren't even associated with. They didn't reply. I reached out to robin to make sure it wasn't some automation gone awry and maybe associating to that user in error. He replied and confirmed it was not some automation issue. The locations then were deleted (again not by robin). User books a bunch of achievements that day... and does not reply to PM.
    You make your own judgment...

It looks like the achievements went away also. Doesn't mean user still isn't a complete tool. robin should give him 30 days on the street to think about it.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Not just him, and if you check out Habo or Hobo whatever his name is at #1 he seems to have unlocked the exact same achievements flynnibus point out in the OP in the exact same 7 days, what are the odds!?
    Maybe Habo has added genuine locations if not there’s possibly a half dozen more fake locations![quoted image][quoted image]

They both are "in business" together here on Pinside...

1 week later
    #63 4 years ago

This aged like fine wine!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/users-gaming-the-pinside-achievement-system?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.