Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I was looking to get my username changed. I did a search that said to PM robin. I did that December 5th, but haven't received a response yet.

Is that still the recommended method?

Moderator note:
    Pinside+ members can now update their username by themselves at the top of the settings page in your profile: https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/settings - Other Pinside members can request a name change by PM'ing robin

#2 10 years ago

You must fly in to Pinside HQ for a retina scan , thumb print & cavity search to get the proper clearance .

#3 10 years ago

I've tried a while back and no response. Maybe it helps if you donate?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

couldn't you start a new account?

probably doesn't want to lose all of the karma collected

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

probably doesn't want to lose all of the karma collected

Not to mention the reviews and IM history.

#7 10 years ago

I p.m.ed Robin months ago about this very same thing and have never heard back.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Nope, same thing here, no biggie.

#9 10 years ago

Just make a new profile

I've thought about doing the same as my screen name here is a 10 year old xbox handle & it's a bit redundant & arrogant to call myself pinball wizard on a pinball site lol

#10 10 years ago

Woah, I just read this thread and I can't believe I have been missing (or accidentally ignoring) so many PM's! That's definitely not right!

Please know that I currently get around 10-20 Pinside related e-mails daily, and I also have a live "offline". That's no excuse but it may explain why I missed your message. Sometimes I read these on my phone, then "mark as unread" to deal with later.

Anyways, I'm gonna try to find and answer to your PM's, or just to be safe you could try and PM me again.

Sorry about this!

Robin

#11 10 years ago

yep, same thing, when I signed up I wanted to change my name, couldn't figure it out and never got a reply. I'm hoping Robin can make it so it can be changed easily in account settings or something.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yes, if you donate a large enough sum that sure would draw attention! No seriously, I make no distinction between donating and non donating users. I have stated this several times in the past years. Pinside is independent and donating will not make me treat you differently in any way. Having said that, your donations keep this site running so they sure are appreciated!

On topic though, PT, I can't find a message from you anywhere, please re-send your request. Sorry!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

I p.m.ed Robin months ago about this very same thing and have never heard back.

Cannot find your PM either? Hmm, this is weird. Is the PM still in your PinsideMail box?

#14 10 years ago

Thanks!! No more PT. Back in the day nine years ago I was PT because I worked on Titan rocket therefore Pinball Titan or PT. Problem is everyone associated me with that terrible car because of the PT. Anyway, I have been simply John I for a long time in all of the forums I frequent, so it is nice to have the same name here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/username-change and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.