Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90505E07-1468-417D-8F8E-86A1D3B65175.gif
    51AbCgB7oUL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_ (resized).jpg
    Bliss (resized).png
    Block (resized).png
    Ignored user comment circled (resized).png
    2023-03-03 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

Hi all, hoping robin sees this and investigates.

At the moment there is a way for users to block other users posts from appearing and pretend they don't exist.

That's fine and it's a feature used by some, but there has been some expansion on that, in that users can now block other users (or it happens automatically) from seeing their posts.

The end result of this is that people can block the majority of people in a thread (including the OP) from seeing their posts and are then going into other threads, saying what they please with impunity from reply and trashing peoples threads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in/

Here is a thread i started, their is a very disagreeable sort there who has decided to trash, once again, another owners thread for his own amusemnet.

my question is, why, as a pinside + supporter of the site, am i having my pinside viewing experience edited by anyone who want's to edit what i can see and what i cannot?

How does it benefit the good running of the forum to let the lowest denominator choose what others can see?

As a bug, it's also fucking with the site cookies and even when other people quote a post i'm not allowed to look at in my own thread, it plays up with the cookie and won't load posts, keeps saying there are invisible posts to see and telling me there are more posts than there are.

#2 1 year ago

2023-03-03 (resized).jpg2023-03-03 (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

Here's a better screenshot to use. Read the replies.

Ignored user comment circled (resized).pngIgnored user comment circled (resized).png

#4 1 year ago

If you just can't do without seeing the posts of your enemies, log out of pinside and you can see all of them.

I really don't care. Am I any worse off now that I can't see Don's posts?

I already know they are all moronic. They'll just have to be moronic without me seeing them. The 7 people he hasn't "blocked" can enjoy them.

#5 1 year ago

It's not a bug, it's a basic feature of the site:

Block (resized).pngBlock (resized).png

I recommend turning on this option and moving on with your life:

Bliss (resized).pngBliss (resized).png

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I think he means that he hasn’t ignored the user, rather the other user blocked him completely. Which means he cannot see any of their posts at all. I tested this feature when robin announced it to see how it worked. It literally prevents the “blocked” person completely from seeing anything and everything you post on the site.

#7 1 year ago

It shows up as “ignored user post” To those that have been blocked. Similar to if you ignored them.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I think he means that he hasn’t ignored the user, rather the other user blocked him completely. Which means he cannot see any of their posts at all. I tested this feature when robin announced it to see how it worked. It literally prevents the “blocked” person completely from seeing anything and everything you post on the site.

I understand that, it’s all in the screenshot text I posted.

#9 1 year ago

Then, that actually sucks if this is how it works.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I understand that, it’s all in the screenshot text I posted.

Right, but block is new. I see the pic now. Storms here aren’t loading things properly.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Ok, so it's not a bug that it fucks up the cookies and the site no longer loads correctly including my pic (which was showing the taking forever and not loading my post as a *basic feature of the site* and the Load new posts that never loads because that is also a *basic feature of the site* ) then Aurich?

The basic feature allows any user to control what another user views. How is that a feature, and who does it benefit except trolls who are doing exactly what this guy is doing with impunity?

Just so the karens can hide what they say from other people?

How bout you just drain this thread and move on with your life and leave it to the people who ARE concerned by it?

Resolution i'd like to see is that the mods and robin review the system in mod thread and revisit the discussion about who this is suppossed to help and how.

Also at least fix the bugs i have reported.

#12 1 year ago

Don apparently started a whole thread about me. I never read it, I have no idea what he said, and I can’t imagine ever caring. If people hadn’t posted screenshots I’d never know it existed.

Why would my life be at all enriched by reading his whining about whatever bug he has up his butt over me?

It’s just a forum. Anyone spending their life talking trash on it is a sad sack, count being blocked as a blessing. If more people just stopped replying to him it would be even better.

#13 1 year ago

I find moronic comments useful in weeding out people I don't want to buy or sell a game with. And that includes any of their associates.

I don't block people as that is my choice. And I don't want it forced on me.

#14 1 year ago

Wow I am living rent free inside all your heads. Just block me and you'll never even know I posted. Or you can just keep loggin off and back on to see and respond to what I posted.

This thread is basically full of all the people on this site who should be banned permanently. Aurich, punkin, mr68, crazy levi.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Don apparently started a whole thread about me. I never read it, I have no idea what he said, and I can’t imagine ever caring. If people hadn’t posted screenshots I’d never know it existed.
    Why would my life be at all enriched by reading his whining about whatever bug he has up his butt over me?
    It’s just a forum. Anyone spending their life talking trash on it is a sad sack, count being blocked as a blessing. If more people just stopped replying to him it would be even better.

The three posts in this one thread put the lie to your comments.

If you were so laid back and confident you would not be replying here trying to force your attitude on us.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

my question is, why, as a pinside + supporter of the site, am i having.....

Those bastard ads show up on the bottom of your page...turn that feature off!

#17 1 year ago

Those things are worth the supporter status to not see. Garbage.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from d0n:Deleted post

Thanks for proving his point Don… you just can’t help yourself.

#20 1 year ago

Now the cookie for this thread is also fucked up. It won't take me to the current post anymore when i open it, it won't load my posts on the screen and it always shows that there is new posts.

This is being caused by regular users being able to edit what other users see.

I don't care who doesn't want to see what i write, but i should get to make the same choice for myself rather than having others make it for me.

#21 1 year ago

Another thread with no posts
    weird glitch

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Now the cookie for this thread is also fucked up. It won't take me to the current post anymore when i open it, it won't load my posts on the screen and it always shows that there is new posts.
    I don't care who doesn't want to see what i write, but i should get to make the same choice for myself rather than having others make it for me.

It might be because their d0n posts bashing you?

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I do not get this behavior at all, and I am blocking/ignoring users.
    Try a different browser, maybe,

#24 1 year ago

I'm not blocking or ignoring anyone, but I think I know where most of the problem is coming from.

#25 1 year ago

Blocking people from internet talking= exposing yourself as a giant Facebook Karen style biatch.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I'm not blocking or ignoring anyone, but I think I know where most of the problem is coming from.

Its Dandy Don..
    Apparently he blocked me too....
    I was wondering why there was a bunch of blank blocked quotes in a thread yesterday...
    It does make a thread impossible to follow and understand what in the world people are discussing.

Looks like a real Flaw.

#27 1 year ago

Poor Don must have had some very terrible things happen in life to become such a being.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I see this behavior too for what it's worth.

Quoted from punkin:

Maybe. Or maybe not, who knows. I've been using the regular ignore feature for years without any problem. I agree that bug is super annoying though.

Quoted from punkin:

If you were so laid back and confident you would not be replying here trying to force your attitude on us.

lol, it's a forum, we're here to share our "attitudes". We're all here with opinions just BSing.

51AbCgB7oUL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_ (resized).jpg51AbCgB7oUL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_ (resized).jpg

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I agree. Ignore is fine but that block feature shouldn't be allowed on a forum where it can be used maliciously as seems to be happening in this case. In fact, that's the only reason I can see why someone would actually use that feature...so that they can be petty, mean, spiteful, etc... behind someone's back. That's not right. Logging off is not the answer. This should change, IMO... robin

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from mostater:

I agree. Ignore is fine but that block feature shouldn't be allowed on a forum where it can be used maliciously as seems to be happening in this case.

It seems to me that the problem is a user is talking shit about people and probably should just be banned. I mean, is attacking other people and trolling against the rules or not? Blocking or not if they're being a dick just deal with them for that.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Its Dandy Don..
    Apparently he blocked me too....

That's good point. There should be a maximum cap of how many people one person can block. Several people have chimed in around Pinside of how they were recently blocked by d0n.

I don't have a head count but it's a lot of people and would make a very popular thread to start and with a poll in it.

If you have 5 or more on your block list, you might want to evaluate yourself. And if you have 10 or more on your list, those people are not the problem.

#32 1 year ago

When I saw all the blocked Quotes... I thought something was wrong with Pinside...
    Then I thought I had accidentally Blocked someone when I Was Boozing and spinning Records..
    As far as I know I haven't blocked anyone...
    How do I check if I have anyone blocked ?
    Or if people have me blocked. ??
    Is there a special page I can't find ?

#34 1 year ago

The drama

90505E07-1468-417D-8F8E-86A1D3B65175.gif90505E07-1468-417D-8F8E-86A1D3B65175.gif
    #35 1 year ago

My version of ignoring someone is: immediately scrolling down to the next post

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

fucking bingo!

#37 1 year ago

Thanks...
    As I thought, I'm not blocking or ignoring anyone.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I tend to believe this is the answer to just about everything… change the channel, or turn it up.

#39 1 year ago

He's doing it because everyone keeps downvoting his posts and messing up his ratio. Blocking them stops that. Problem is he just goes back to acting childish (which we can easily see not logged in) and meanwhile a fresh batch of people see it and downvote him.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/user-ignore-feature?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.