Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by indybru
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EDL (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

buyer got irate that I was checking to confirm his ID.

Just refunded him instead. not worth it.

#2 6 years ago

You can vouch for
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    and then,...later...
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    again.

#3 6 years ago

appreciate it, but can anyone vouch for real...

#5 6 years ago

would be nice to get some confirmation on why he provides one name via PM and a completely different name on the paypal...

As a guy with 2 names myself, I can understand the confusion it can cause but also took care to make sure all IDs and online stuff goes through 1 name.

He has a decent amount of feedback for previous transactions on Pinside so hoping someone can confirm to me his 2 names.

#6 6 years ago

Foe what its worth... Doomid is a straight shooter with an incredible collection.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Foe what its worth... Doomid is a straight shooter with an incredible collection.

Anyone that flips his head when someone just wants to verify who they are is not worth dealing with.

Here is my reply in the other thread where he called me a racist.

Quoted from doomid:

Paid in full. Seller did not like my
    Middle eastern name...caused a fuss and i had my
    Money refunded. Sorry for going by Shane for ease of not having my name butchered. Sorry ur racist...

not even remotely the case.

Doomid messaged with the name Shane in his Pinside PM says "txt me, ill take it."
    I text him and his reply after saying he will take it on Pinside, is that he is offering $600.
    I kindly reply that I am not interested in the offer.
    He comes back multiple times and I agree on a price near asking with the understanding that he will pay right now (his offer as part of the deal) and i am giving him a break as he has to ship.

He then sent Paypal payment which came through with a completely different name and no mention of Shane anywhere in it.

I asked what gives with the 2 totally different names.
    For some reason when I asked about the dual names his only reply was to 'chillax bro, it's me', tells me he owns Ayce Gogi and then call me racist.

I asked him to give me a minute to verify his identity before handing out my address to him for pickup. (sorry but it is sketchy when 1. the guy says he will "take it" then renegotiates price right away, 2. PMs via Pinside but then wants to do all communication via text, 3. paypals from what appears to be a totally different persons account based on the new name on it). My radar went off understandably as I have no idea whom this guy is and there are some red flags.

All I wanted was a few minutes to confirm he is the same person.

He flipped shit and requested a refund.

I refunded his money because he asked for it and honestly it is not worth the hassle. Glad I dodged the bullet here TBT. Anyone that flips shit and calls a person racist for verifying why they are using 2 separate names to communicate and pay is worth avoiding...

After I refunded him then he flips shit even more with silly text messages to goad and berate me which I just ignored.

After I refunded him, he sends me a photo of his ID and tells me he goes by a nickname based on his middle name. I am not sure why he did not simply do that when I asked what was up with having 2 names...

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone that flips his head when someone just wants to verify who they are is not worth dealing with.

Doomid messaged with the name Shane in his Pinside PM says "txt me, ill take it."
    I text him and his reply after saying he will take it on Pinside, is that he is offering $600.
    He comes back multiple times and I agree on a price near asking with the understanding that he will pay right now (his offer as part of the deal) and i am giving him a break as he has to ship.
    He then sent Paypal payment which came through with a completely different name and no mention of Shane anywhere in it.
    For some reason when I asked about the dual names his only reply was to 'chillax bro, it's me', tells me he owns Ayce Gogi and then call me racist.
    I asked him to give me a minute to verify his identity before handing out my address to him for pickup. (sorry but it is sketchy when 1. the guy says he will "take it" then renegotiates price right away, 2. PMs via Pinside but then wants to do all communication via text, 3. paypals from what appears to be a totally different persons account based on the new name on it). My radar went off understandably as I have no idea whom this guy is and there are some red flags.
    I refunded his money because he asked for it and honestly it is not worth the hassle. Glad I dodged the bullet here TBT. Anyone that flips shit and calls a person racist for verifying why they are using 2 separate names to communicate and pay is worth avoiding...
    After I refunded him then he flips shit even more with silly text messages to goad and berate me which I just ignored.
    After I refunded him, he sends me a photo of his ID and tells me he goes by a nickname based on his middle name. I am not sure why he did not simply do that when I asked what was up with having 2 names...

If the guy flips out just for wanting to check out his creds then I would say you did the right thing. He most likely is hiding something or has psychological problems. Either way you did the right thing in not wanting to do business with him.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If someone sends me a message with "~Tony" on the end of a Pinside private message, and a paypal payment comes through for Richard, I wouldn't bat an eye. I only take payment via Paypal Friends & Family, and I've never had an issue. I work with people who's name is "Steve" and they sign emails as "Scott." This wouldn't have bothered me in the least bit and I've probably sold 25+ games that required paypal payment and shipping. Also, it appears this buyer had ample Pinside feedback and activity. I've never had an issue with Pinside members with limited/no feedback or activity, so this doesn't sound like a big issue ...

#10 6 years ago

yeah, I honestly did not think it was a big issue and just asked for a little time while I verify his creds before giving him my address.

I have heard of people pulling all sorts of crazy ass scams so I did not figure it was much to ask for a few minutes while I made a thread to verify his 2 names are 1 person.

I was actually suspicions that someone had hacked his pinside account, hence why funneling all communication via text instead of pinside. Then the totally different name came through and I thought maybe the scam was using a hacked paypal account which results in a chargeback after the game ships out. I dont really think it should be a big deal to verify someone is real.

Once he called me a racist I was done with it and happy to refund his paypal.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I honestly did not think it was a big issue and just asked for a little time while I verify his creds before giving him my address.
    I have heard of people pulling all sorts of crazy ass scams so I did not figure it was much to ask for a few minutes while I made a thread to verify his 2 names are 1 person.
    I was actually suspicions that someone had hacked his pinside account, hence why funneling all communication via text instead of pinside. Then the totally different name came through and I thought maybe the scam was using a hacked paypal account which results in a chargeback after the game ships out. I dont really think it should be a big deal to verify someone is real.
    Once he called me a racist I was done with it and happy to refund his paypal.

As a buyer, and an informed person who works for a major payment processor in the Regulatory Compliance / Information Security space, I would never send over supplemental "credentials," to someone I don't know if I am already willing to send payment via a safe mechanism (paypal). Who in their right mind would send over a photo ID or something else to purchase a pinball machine (under $1,000), especially with the paypal statement above? I understand being conservative when dealing with "online" buyers/sellers, but the person sending payment (especially via paypal friends and family), is taking on much more risk than you as the seller..... and that's without sending pictures of your ID haha..

#12 6 years ago

Yeah, I was not asking for his ID and any supplemental credentials from him.

I was asking for a few minutes to confirm on here that Shane = Abbas

Just wanted to know that they were 1 person and nobody had been hacked or was trying to work some sort of scam.
    I started the thread and he flipped his head over it and called me racist.

#13 6 years ago

I don't know why people use fake names and aliases on the internet. I always use my real name and pic and if someone wants my ID, I gladly give it to them.

EDL (resized).jpgEDL (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

You did right. To many "I got scammed on pinside" threads going around right now to not verify. If he flipped out that's on him especially if he has two names.

#15 6 years ago

Get yer dancing shoes on Hilty....the countdown has now begun!
    ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR....PL PARTY!

#16 6 years ago

Even though it's a moot point now I've met doomid multiple times and he's legit, does own AYCE Gogi, and is very nice. I would deal with him, but sounds like your mind is made up which is of course your own perogative.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

You did right. To many "I got scammed on pinside" threads going around right now to not verify. If he flipped out that's on him especially if he has two names.

I run into this all the time, where people read about scams, phishing attempts, data breaches, etc., and blanket every transaction that is slightly non-standard as that. People get 'scammed' because they are the ones sending friends and family payments on paypal, or because they are using western union, cashier checks, or money orders to send payment, etc. Know the actual situations where you absolutely can be 'scammed,' vs any non-standard situation that just comes with doing business with different people. I read some of these posts and it just reminds me of my parents who think every website will give them a virus, or every card card terminal at a gas station having a skimmer on it. Everyone should be skeptical, especially with dealing with goods this expensive, but please be informed and not go off hearsay

#18 6 years ago

I don't get someone getting upset over due diligence.

I would expect it both ways. Yes move on.

However their are certain members I don't know and fully trust. Whysnow would be one of them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/user-check-please-anyone-vouch-for-doomid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.