(Topic ID: 274964)

used machine no power at all, need advice please

By wendyb

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

hello, today my purchase of 8 ball deluxe arrived on a pallet well packaged from the east coast, I got it inside, and all set up, plugged it in and fizzzzzzz, no power all in it, I checked the wall outlet and it is fine, I saw the machine on video before i bought it and the machine was in great working condition . where is the first place I should check in the machine for possible location of a complete no power symptom please? I have never been inside a pin machine before, but I would like to learn. I have a flashlight, a harbor freight multimeter meter, and I am not to intimidated by all the wires. any advice would be great. Also would really like a suggestion of a collection of tools that you have found helpful when troubleshooting and repairing pins would be helpful. thanks in advance.
    wendy

#2 3 years ago

did you check the on/off switch under the cab?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

I'm curious if this is the solution. If I had not watched pinball repair videos I would have not known this. Just bought my first pin a few weeks ago.

#5 3 years ago

Hope this is something simple.
    FYI, you want to post your tech questions for EBD in Tech/early solid state, not in the EM section, since EBD is a computer controlled solid state game.

Here's a good intro to suggested tools:

Welcome! Hope you get it playing soon.

#6 3 years ago

If nothing comes on, then it's probably a loose connection in the cabinet, a bad power switch, or multiple blown fuses.

With games of this era, at the very least you should normally have some constant-on lighting from the general illumination circuit (meaning other problems could keep the game from booting and other parts from working, but the lights would be on). So if you don't even have those, check the power switch first... Otherwise unplug the game then lift the playfield and check the power board near the transformer, to make sure the fuses are good and cables are connected tight.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

no I didnt know about such a switch, sure hope that is what is wrong, will check that now! thank you!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

FYI, you want to post your tech questions for EBD in Tech/early solid state, not in the EM section, since EBD is a computer controlled solid state game.

thank you for directing me to this video! will bookmark this, love all the info I can get, I am a newby...

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

thank you for the tip, where can I find that fourm please?

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

I love it

#13 3 years ago

so how did you go?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

so how did you go?

he found the on/off switch lmao

#15 3 years ago

I'm taking a wild guess that wendyb may not be a he...

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from oldmanpinball:

he found the on/off switch lmao

Laughing at people asking questions isn’t helpful or welcoming.

We were all new once. Be nice.

#17 3 years ago

yes your right i am sorry. i did not mean to offend

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Laughing at people asking questions isn’t helpful or welcoming.

We were all new once. Be nice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/used-machine-no-power-at-all-need-advice-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.