(Topic ID: 46651)

Used, Imperfect, Large DMD of Any Use or Value?

By Rush1169

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by cartert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Maverick display that has 3 or 4 adjacent vertical lines missing. I replaced it with a new one (ouch), but that solved the problem (yay). I was wondering if the existing display is of any use? Worth keeping on hand for the PCB part of it? Worth selling to someone who does have the skill to help recoup the $450? Toss? Practice soldering?

#2 7 years ago

I had a similar condition DMD that I sold to a Pinsider. Some people have "projects" they use these for. Offer it up for sale at a reasonable price. Someone may want it.

#3 7 years ago

Mostly working DMD is MUCH better than a dead DMD. Hang onto it, you never know if you find a cheap machine with a dead one, or a pinsider who needs a quick fix, or heaven forbid your new one dies in a year...

I never toss boards unless I've stripped them to the point of being good for nothing but a spaghetti strainer.

#4 7 years ago

Hang on to it, Homepin won't have a replacement until 2014. It should get you through any one-off failures if that happens.

#5 7 years ago

Let me know if you decide to sell and price
thx
TC

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island , NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside