(Topic ID: 174561)

Used GE 455s

By jahbarron

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bulbs (resized).jpg
    LB-455GEL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I bought two boxes at 30 dollars a box. I also was given a box in the mail as a gift from a kind fellow pinsider with other goodies. If you are patient and check every day then you will find a box or two every month or so. The 1970's Ballys like my Fireball came with Westinghouse #455s. I like the Westinghouse bulbs just as well but there were only 5 that were originally put in the "Fireball" writing and I wanted everything blinking (13 bulbs) so I put in GEs and OMG Heaven. I may take the two bulbs out of the "Bally" so it is permanently lit up. That would free up 2 bulbs for another future machine. Make sure you grab any used bulbs from machines you plan to flip, part out or sell.

Agree with the OMG heaven...there is a difference, and if nothing else, many of the people on this forum appreciate the improvements when different bulbs, or a different wax is used on their machines, etc. A few years ago there were several vendors selling the bulbs on Ebay and I was able to pick up about 10 boxes before they got ridiculously priced. I gave away 5 boxes to friends and used 5 for my collection...
    But...Rat is correct, if you are vigilant and keep your eyes peeled, you will find more. I picked up 3 NOS boxes two weeks ago from a seller who was selling off some old audio tubes and parts and already installed them into my newest games.

bulbs (resized).jpgbulbs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/used-ge-455s?tu=oldcarz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.