(Topic ID: 174561)

Used GE 455s

By jahbarron

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bulbs (resized).jpg
    LB-455GEL (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not sure how you cut the wires on 44 or 47 bulbs, but GLWS!

I'd guess he means the filaments are blown.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'd guess he means the filaments are blown.

I keep all my burnt filament bulbs mixed in with the good used ones. I like to think I'll never run out that way.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not sure how you cut the wires on 44 or 47 bulbs or why you would even save burnt out ones, but GLWS!

Easy: you just twist the glass and the metal socket.
    I save the old ones and use them as mask when painting a light box board.

My whole post was just to be funny and sarcastic about the price fetched by the blinking bulbs.

Yves

#54 7 years ago

NEVER throw away old GE lamps, unless they are 'silvered' with a black top or burnt out. They will outlast the Chinese stuff by years, even given their age right now. They may need some attention to the bottom solder blob to make them ultra dependable, even in flaky sockets, but they last a LONG time which makes the effort worth it.

I would rather have GE blinkers also, but I wouldn't pay extra for them when replacements are readily available.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcane:

I save the old ones and use them as mask when painting a light box board.

So there is a use for them after all.

I will start saving all my burnt out bulbs and when I have enough, I will start a for sale thread along

with the required marketplace ad.

Something that the OP neglected to do and the pinside staff seems to have overlooked.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So there is a use for them after all.
    I will start saving all my burnt out bulbs and when I have enough, I will start a for sale thread along
    with the required marketplace ad.
    Something that the OP neglected to do and the pinside staff seems to have overlooked.

I think any collector could have their own collection of bulbs by the time they do a restoration, or at least is something they could be offered/ask for for free. They're not worthless if you own them as they can be put to good use, but I think they're worthless from a selling standpoint.

Plus once you have a set, they're good for life. You can cover them in paint 100 times and they'd still be good to go for this purpose.

Weird reference, but: It's like trying to sell amusement park maps that you're given at the entrance for free, for $5 right inside the gate. Everybody already has one so they're worthless in terms of price and nobody would ever buy one, but they're worth a whole lot in terms of usability to you - that's why everybody has one. If that makes sense. Lol.

#57 7 years ago

So, blink rate is actually a thing? Color me clueless. I can pull all the GE bulbs from my machines if anyone is interested. $2/bulb. Not sure how many I might have, but with the Chinese "crap" at $3/box, I can afford a few bad apples per lot to replace them.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

So, blink rate is actually a thing? Color me clueless. I can pull all the GE bulbs from my machines if anyone is interested. $2/bulb. Not sure how many I might have, but with the Chinese "crap" at $3/box, I can afford a few bad apples per lot to replace them.

Yes, pinside covers the important issues

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/used-ge-455s/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.