(Topic ID: 314546)

Used COLOR DMD (LCD Version) What's it worth?

By rogerdodger

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

I'm thinking of selling a used colordmd.com display. It is the LCD version, which is sold out.

The metal casing has some marks on the back but the front display panel looks and performs like brand new.

It was used in a Bally WPC-95 machine so, for Stern, a different wiring harness may be required, which is low cost on the colordmd.com website.

As you may know, when they did have the LCD displays in stock, they were $429, plus shipping.

What is a price that is reasonable for both me and a buyer, should I decide to sell it?

Thanks.

Roger

#2 1 year ago

They come in and out of stock all the time so personally I'd want a discount if I was grabbing a used one. I find them worth holding onto as it's nice to have for a rainy day if you pick up a new machine without one. If I was gonna sell one I'd prob. ask $425 shipped if it's low use and mint.

#3 1 year ago

So you would provide free shipping for a used display as a "discount"?

#4 1 year ago

If my choice was a used panel and free shipping or a new one with warranty…. Im taking the new one every time. I wouldnt consider a used one above $250 but thats just me.

#5 1 year ago

Seems like you should sell to gorilla, not phat Jay

#6 1 year ago

I'm looking for one and that was my concern as well. I'd take a chance from a good seller like RD (op) for that lower price range. Electronics always concerns me.

#7 1 year ago

I've seen used ones sell for around $375-$400. They're usually gone in 10 minutes.

If you're looking to sell one for more than retail considering the parts shortage, a successful sale would probably depend upon how long the display actually remains out of stock.

#8 1 year ago

$375-$400 is what used color DMDs usually sell at. there's no real discount on them...

#9 1 year ago

I’m in agreement $250 is a fair price for a used LCD display these have been out for years now so you have to consider age at this point…

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

I’m in agreement $250 is a fair price for a used LCD display ...

More than fair. I'll take 2!

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen used ones sell for around $375-$400. They're usually gone in 10 minutes.
    If you're looking to sell one for more than retail considering the parts shortage, a successful sale would probably depend upon how long the display actually remains out of stock.

OK, thank you for your input guys:

How does $350 plus $18 shipping to the lower 48 States sound? I will also make a donation to Pinside.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

How does $350 plus $18 shipping to the lower 48 States sound? I will also make a donation to Pinside.

Sounds like you have a good bead on it!

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Sounds like you'll sell it in 10 mins or so right Forceflow? GLWTS.

#14 1 year ago

I'd consider $250-300 a fair price, but I'm a cheap ass.... I wouldn't even consider one at $350

#15 1 year ago

SOLD and donated to Pinside!

#16 1 year ago

I know it is sold, but I would point out that there is a difference between the models they produced at the beginning to models produced now
    The older displays do not work in some games like Spiderman

#17 1 year ago

This thread did not end the way I thought it would, I came in thinking the op was looking to sell for over MSRP due to the chip shortage... major kudos for restoring my faith in humanity... for the moment... won't take long for me to find a thread of people asking over MSRP on pretty darn near everything else, but I'll always have this thread to look back on

#18 1 year ago

Congrats on the sale.

#19 1 year ago

Next time just list in the marketplace.
    Little curios why forceflow didn't reccomend that?

#20 1 year ago

I think he would have but at that price he probably got multiple pms - saving him the trouble. Very fair price.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Next time just list in the marketplace.
    Little curios why forceflow didn't reccomend that?

Originally, the thread was a price check thread.

But then once the price was determined, it sold in like 10 minutes. I was not here during that time.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Originally, the thread was a price check thread.
    But then once the price was determined, it sold in like 10 minutes. I was not here during that time.

And I thought Superman was everywhere

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

I sold 3 at that price (each) and had ZERO problems unloading them. Youd think I was giving money away at the rate I got PMs.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I know it is sold, but I would point out that there is a difference between the models they produced at the beginning to models produced now
    The older displays do not work in some games like Spiderman

That is true the memory chip had to be upgraded to support the larger ROMs, thankfully that's in my skill-set and I just replaced the chip on mine.

1 week later
    #25 1 year ago

What is the usual price of new LCD ColorDMD? Is there tax & shipping? What's the out-the-door price?

I see they are in stock at Planetary but with $514 price. Is that the usual mark up there, or is this a recent increase?

I wonder if there will be a price increase when these are back in stock, so many IC's have gone up substantially in price.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Is that the usual mark up there, or is this a recent increase?

That's almost $100 more than the usual price.

https://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#28 1 year ago

Oh yeah, I know about the manufacturer site, but was wondering about the out-the-door price compared to places that currently have stock, and if those places have raised prices or always had that kind of mark-up.

#29 1 year ago

Someone was selling them at Pinfest for $500 each.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh yeah, I know about the manufacturer site, but was wondering about the out-the-door price compared to places that currently have stock, and if those places have raised prices or always had that kind of mark-up.

No idea. I've pretty much just looked at colordmd's site directly for pricing.

I assumed that was also the MSRP their resellers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/used-color-dmd-lcd-version-what-s-it-worth?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.