Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 11.45.02 PM (resized).png
    Pyramids.jpg
    370B5582-8255-4A31-AE2A-B7C930EB90C3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Hum that '80s Bangles hit "Walk Like an Egyptian" and build these:

Pyramids.jpgPyramids.jpg

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I have a ton of them in a drawer if anyone wants them. Just pay the shipping.

Since you live in the US, I'm going to assume you define a "ton" as 2,000 imperial pounds. The average pinball weighs 80 grams, and when doing the conversion math this would equate to 11,340 pinballs (I'm rounding up 1/5 of a pinball since I assume you don't have fractional pinballs).

Now lets put these 11,340 pinballs in a shipping crate. Assuming you placed them in a perfect 23 x 23 ball lattice (529 pinballs per layer) one layer on top of another (22 vertical layers with the top layer being partially filled), you would need a crate built with 3/4" wide lumber that was approximately 26" per side outer diameter width and depth with a height of about 25".

The container would be Class 50 based upon weight density, and using UPS ground freight transportation (assuming lift gate required for pickup and delivery and $0 value), UPS quotes shipping fees at $1,508.57 USD.

Therefore, while your offer to give me your ton of pinballs for free is tempting, the freight expense makes it cost prohibitive for me at this point in time.

BTW: How big is that drawer you are storing all of these in currently?

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

There is a smart ass in every group

I resemble that remark.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/used-balls?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.