(Topic ID: 295460)

Use Caution Nanuet, NY - Rockland Pinball - Baller88

By SOMaine5-0

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shirt-1498861680-d6cfb9f10dd1e3513571163faca512f8 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210620-205239_Messenger (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-205156_Messages (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I'm not one to air dirty laundry but in this hobby we have to all take care of one another. 6 months ago I purchased 2 games from Baller88 - dba Rockland Pinball in Nanuet, NY. That sale was fine. No issues.

I was forwarding money to a distributor for my Mandolorian Pro via paypal and 500 accidentally went to Rob - Baller88 - Rockland Pinball. In the notes with it it notated "2nd Payment Mandolorian Pro".

He has acknowledged the mistake but refuses to send back the 500 dollars. I have tried messaging and being professional, but at this point I caution anyone from doing business with someone who handles themselves like this. Be warned

Screenshot_20210620-205156_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210620-205156_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210620-205239_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210620-205239_Messenger (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Dude sounds like you jumped the gun here. It's only been 6 days and you already opened a dispute? Hell the whole thing was your mistake.

#3 2 years ago

I mistake was made but that doesn't mean you drag your feet to make it right.
    -Mike

#4 2 years ago

Bought a Twilight Zone from Rob about 5 years ago- sale went PERFECT. Game was EXACTLY as described. He shipped it and everything. A+ experience with him.

#5 2 years ago

Dude, he's not gonna rip you off. He has a business to run. You made a mistake on something that has nothing to do with him, on something he is making no money on. Now he has to take time out of his busy day to figure out how to solve your problem. Give him some time. PayPal does have lots of screwy practices so I doubt he's deceiving you. And your calling him out because you screwed up and he's not dropping everything and spending a bunch of time to fix it immediately, which may not even be under his control?

****ALSO, SENDING PAYMENTS AND ASKING FOR REFUND IS A CLASSIC SCAM TACTIC, SO HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO DO IT THE PROPER WAY, NOT JUST SENDING YOU MONEY BECAUSE YOU TOLD HIM TO****

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

****ALSO, SENDING PAYMENTS AND ASKING FOR REFUND IS A CLASSIC SCAM TACTIC, SO HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO DO IT THE PROPER WAY, NOT JUST SENDING YOU MONEY BECAUSE YOU TOLD HIM TO****

Didn't even think of that. Valid point!
    -Mike

#7 2 years ago

He should send back the money immediately for the time he's taken to text back the money should have been sent back already.

#8 2 years ago

I’ve had nothing but

Dude, he's not gonna rip you off. He has a business to run. You made a mistake on something that has nothing to do with him, on something he is making no money on. Now he has to take time out of his busy day to figure out how to solve your problem. Give him some time. PayPal does have lots of screwy practices so I doubt he's deceiving you. And your calling him out because you screwed up and he's not dropping everything and spending a bunch of time to fix it immediately, which may not even be under his control?

This. I’m sure the OP didn’t consider this angle but this is also why it’s bad form to create a thread like this. You’ll get your money, but you screwed up so you’ll have to be patient

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

He should send back the money immediately for the time he's taken to text back the money should have been sent back already.

"Refund this payment" button.

#10 2 years ago

Isn't he gwaxt72 on here too?

#11 2 years ago

Yes he is

#12 2 years ago

Normally I would say this was the OPs mistake and to give it time....but its gwaxt72, a known scammer who really should have been booted years ago.

#13 2 years ago

I have always had good transactions with Rob. I have sold to him and I have bought from him many, many times. You need to change the title of your post or delete this. You are the one who F uped and sent payment to the wrong person. Title should read: I am a idiot who sent money to the wrong person.

#14 2 years ago

this!!!

#15 2 years ago

Will you send me some money?

#16 2 years ago

So why does a person have two names here? I thought that wasn’t allowed?

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

So why does a person have two names here? I thought that wasn’t allowed?

-Mike

shirt-1498861680-d6cfb9f10dd1e3513571163faca512f8 (resized).pngshirt-1498861680-d6cfb9f10dd1e3513571163faca512f8 (resized).png
    #18 2 years ago

It’s been going on for a while. Some people get a Hall pass. I guess he donates when selling on here so it’s ok.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

"Refund this payment" button.

Doesn’t mean a damn thing—refund may not happen right away. Hell, I’ve had my payments held up by PayPal

#22 2 years ago

I don't think he uses Paypal after a TZ fiasco on a game he sold & got paid through them, so there is probable only the $500 in there. If the money is tied up by them because of a dispute why should he take money out of his personal account because of a mistake that was made? I've had many dealing with him and he is not a thief.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I don't think he uses Paypal after a TZ fiasco on a game he sold & got paid through them, so there is probable only the $500 in there. If the money is tied up by them because of a dispute why should he take money out of his personal account because of a mistake that was made? I've had many dealing with him and he is not a thief.

exactly. I have had thousands tied up with him in parts and games and he always paid. If he was a thief he could have gotten me for way more than $500.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:Deleted post

The moderations on some and not others on here is BS.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

The moderations on some and not others on here is BS.

Dude, everybody here thinks they are the only ones who get moderated and all of their enemies always get off Scott free. Just like everybody thinks the media has it out for their favorite sports teams while taking it easy on all the other ones.

Fact is, everybody gets modded. Everybody sometimes gets away with shit.

Welcome to forum life.

#26 2 years ago

It’s sketchy. This guy and his multiple profiles have been talked about before. Looks like he’s a known scammer that occasionally has some smooth transactions.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

This is true so yeah, unless you really know him pretty well, he doesn’t want to deal in PayPal.
    The cliff notes version of the story is, he sold someone a TZ that they paid for with PayPal, and then did a charge back when something dumb went wrong with the game.
    The people then had his game and all the money and would not give the game back, so he offered to come fix it, and when he did, he broke it down in two minutes and wheeled it out their door before they knew what hit them.
    (Which he confirmed legally beforehand that he was well within his rights to do)

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Looks like he’s a known scammer that occasionally has some smooth transactions.

This statement couldn't be further from the truth LOL

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Seatmandan:

This statement couldn't be further from the truth LOL

Seems spot on to me...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/use-caution-nanuet-ny-rockland-pinball-baller88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.