New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 69854)

USA PINBALLIN' V FORMULA 1 Cirqus Voltaire Helmet

By marcelmagic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by prowlerman99
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-324.jpg
image-736.jpg
image-427.jpg
image-190.jpg
image-687.jpg
image-45.jpg
image-535.jpg
image-641.jpg
image-181.jpg
image-246.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-24.jpg
image-763.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

What do you guys think of this helmet.
It's made by Geert Koop from the Netherlands for Formule 1 driver Giedo van der Garde.

He's going to wear it at the American GP in Texas!

http://www.koopkustoms.com

image-427.jpgimage-736.jpgimage-324.jpgimage-190.jpgimage-45.jpgimage-687.jpgimage-641.jpgimage-535.jpgimage-181.jpgimage-246.jpgimage-282.jpgimage-24.jpgimage-763.jpgimage.jpg

#2 6 years ago

That is awesome!!! I could use that for my racing! Get both hobbies going

#3 6 years ago

Very Cool! Too bad I won't in Austin to see it in person.

#4 6 years ago

That is awesome! I didn't know he was a pinhead I wish I could make it to the race this year. I would love for my racing helmet to look like that!

#5 6 years ago

WOW, That looks really cool as a topper!

#6 6 years ago

Wow, that is amazing. F1 and Pinball is not a combo I would have expected!

Parker

#7 6 years ago

That helmet is insane. F1 would be a great license for a pinball machine! Good luck to van der Garde this weekend. Vettel to make 8 in a row in Austin?

#8 6 years ago

I see a side industry....better send Rick the first one for approvals......Jpop

#9 6 years ago

that would be an awesome topper for a "grand prix"...

Quoted from S37VEN:

That helmet is insane. F1 would be a great license for a pinball machine! Good luck to van der Garde this weekend. Vettel to make 8 in a row in Austin?

yes, it would be, and i would buy one... of course, bernie would want approximately $1.5 billion for the license, along with 75% of the proceeds from each sale...

re: VET... i would be shocked if he didn't... mechanical failure is the only thing that can stop him these days... he has the best car and he is the best driver... and since everyone else has basically given up on this year in order to focus on 2014, i can't see the "best car" situation changing in the last 2 races... and although i personally think ALO was VET's equal coming into this year, i now think the ship has sailed for ALO... ALO is another year older and VET is another year better... he is making it look ridiculously easy...

now i know what all the people who weren't fans of the red cars felt like when MSC was completely dominant...

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

now i know what all the people who weren't fans of the red cars felt like when MSC was completely dominant...

I was thinking this while watching the last race. I was not a Schumacher fan back then but I don't remember it being as annoying when he won. For some weird reason I just don't like Vettel very much and find his personality kind of off putting. I think it has a lot to do with how young he is compared to Schumacher's relative age when he was so dominant. Either way there is no denying his talents. I used to think that if Alonso were in that Red Bull instead of Weber it would have been a very different story, but now I don't know. Formula is a fickle sport and things could change in a hurry for Red Bull if they are not careful (which it seems they are). It would be really interesting to see Vettel in another car just for comparison.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

For some weird reason I just don't like Vettel very much and find his personality kind of off putting.

It's that damn finger. I just want to snap it off his hand.

#12 6 years ago

Love this helmet! Looks like I'll have another F1 driver to root for this weekend.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I didn't know who he was until i google imaged his name,Yep there's a lot of index fingers "Number One" !

That's one sexed up racing helmet. Team Voltaire.

#14 6 years ago

How cool. The helmet comes back to the Netherlands after the race.
Fantastic topper with stone damage and American insects for Geert on his CV
A topper with a F1 story

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling that urge...

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yes, it would be, and i would buy one... of course, bernie would want approximately $1.5 billion for the license, along with 75% of the proceeds from each sale...

Yeah I can't imagine what he would want for licensing... so much so that it would probably be a non-starter. I wonder what Codemasters pays for its license. F1 would make a great game, pick your team (each team with slightly different objectives?), as for modes: start with off season practice, car development, qualifying, racing, and other "off-track" modes (media, securing sponsors, etc.) -- real progress through an F1 "career."

I'm sure Vettel will be going all out this weekend to break the 7 wins in-a-row record. Very interested to see how next year's engine will pan out -- maybe it will bring some parity to the sport -- but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Really wish NJ was happening next year, I'm 15 minutes from Weehawken, but sadly the race's provisional status looks to be going SDTM.

#17 6 years ago

I was just looking yesterday at Dirty Donnie's work wondering what it would cost to have him do me a custom pinball Helmet. I think it would be SICK!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Very interested to see how next year's engine will pan out -- maybe it will bring some parity to the sport -- but that's probably just wishful thinking.

This and the new aerodynamic rules will make the new cars squirrelly. I expect alot of accidents with a big learning curve for all drivers making it anyones game next year. Can't wait.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

This and the new aerodynamic rules will make the new cars squirrelly. I expect alot of accidents with a big learning curve for all drivers making it anyones game next year. Can't wait.

I hope you are right! Alonso/Kimi dynamic will be a great story line for next year.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I was just looking yesterday at Dirty Donnie's work wondering what it would cost to have him do me a custom pinball Helmet. I think it would be SICK!

Check out Geert's website! http://www.koopkustoms.com/ and email.
Everything is possible. Helmet, cars, bikes and playfields

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

maybe it will bring some parity to the sport -- but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Aside from Red Bull, the parity from most of the rest of the field has been pretty close over the last couple of seasons.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Aside from Red Bull, the parity from most of the rest of the field has been pretty close over the last couple of seasons.

I wouldn't say that 85% of this season's team championship points spread out among the top 4 teams (with Red Bull taking 1/3 of those points) indicates a "pretty close" field among the rest of the manufacturers. What I meant by parity is that I'd like to see F1 become a single class race instead of the Lemans-style 4 class race that it is now (hence my wishful thinking comment). If you look at this season, aside from Red Bull, you have Mercedes, Ferrari and Lotus vying for second place, Mclaren, Force India, Sauber and STR fighting for 5th and Williams, Murussia and Caterham hoping not to finish last.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I wouldn't say that 85% of this season's team championship points spread out among the top 4 teams (with Red Bull taking 1/3 of those points) indicates a "pretty close" field among the rest of the manufacturers. What I meant by parity is that I'd like to see F1 become a single class race instead of the Lemans-style 4 class race that it is now (hence my wishful thinking comment). If you look at this season, aside from Red Bull, you have Mercedes, Ferrari and Lotus vying for second place, Mclaren, Force India, Sauber and STR fighting for 5th and Williams, Murussia and Caterham hoping not to finish last.

If you want that you shouldn't watch F1. It has never really been competitive top to bottom in its history. By parity, I mean more the ability of a lot of different drivers able to win races. Think, 8-10 years ago realistically only 2-3 drivers would win every race. What did we have last year, 8 different drivers winning? Just saying, that even with Vettel at the top, if he has trouble it is anybody's race. Unlike when Schumacher was so dominant, if he was off it was Barrichello winning and that was about it. Is than oversimplification? Yes, but it could be a lot worse.

#26 6 years ago

That helmet is SICK...

"that's what she said"

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Email him and ask, custom painted helmets can get pretty expensive. (dirtydonny@gmail.com )

#28 6 years ago

So did Van Der Garde order the artwork - is he into pinball? Just wondering who made the decision to put it on there for the race, I think it's fantastic!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If you want that you shouldn't watch F1. It has never really been competitive top to bottom in its history. By parity, I mean more the ability of a lot of different drivers able to win races. Think, 8-10 years ago realistically only 2-3 drivers would win every race. What did we have last year, 8 different drivers winning? Just saying, that even with Vettel at the top, if he has trouble it is anybody's race. Unlike when Schumacher was so dominant, if he was off it was Barrichello winning and that was about it. Is than oversimplification? Yes, but it could be a lot worse.

Agreed. I know F1 will never truly be a one class race and I would be more than happy to have a repeat of last year. This year was definitely a snoozer at times and no one wants to see the championship decided so early. I wish the sporting regs permitted more in season testing for 2014 especially for Pirelli's benefit so that we can watch the drivers push the limits of their cars and their driving abilities rather than driving to nurse their tires. Watching tire saving strategies play out over the course of a race isn't all that exciting. Bring back refueling!

#30 6 years ago

^^^

agreed on testing...

one thing re: tires... it would be easy to stop the whole "tire saving" foolishness if they just let them have as many sets as they want... increase pit lane speed limits (it was STUPID to decrease them this year as an overreaction) so that pit stops can be made without too much of a penalty, and put the racing back in the drivers hands... you want to burn off 6 sets of super softs because it's faster, go for it...

i have never understood the whole "you only get x number of sets of tires" routine... penny wise, pound foolish...

#31 6 years ago

did you guys see the movie, Rush?!? man that was good.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

So did Van Der Garde order the artwork - is he into pinball? Just wondering who made the decision to put it on there for the race, I think it's fantastic!

Van Der Garde changes helmet design often, like most F1 racers today. For the USA race, he told his designer he could do whatever he wanted with the design. And apparently that guy (Geert Koop) is into pinball.

#33 6 years ago

Gotcha - still awesome nonetheless. A friend of mine who I recently helped move to Austin said he could watch a practice round for $25 I can't wait to go see a race next season! With the engine changes I'll miss out on the sounds from this year, but I guess you can't have it all.

#34 6 years ago

Nice, need to do something like that for my bracket car helmet...

#35 6 years ago

That is one beautiful helmet. Love the theme.
You can have a helmet wrapped.
They design the helmet graphics on the computer , print in on air release wrap vinyl and wrap. Much cheaper then having it painted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside