By Phat_Jay

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

So im hoping someone has some experience with this. My son wants to import a japanese nintendo famicom system. The original one. That system runs on jap 100v to 10v power. Now i have two choices, convert our 110 to 100 and use the original adapter or try to get a generic 10v adapter with our 110 inut plug and a matching output to the famicom. I honestly would prefer to buy a step down converter but which one??? All the ones on amazon are either junk or WAY more than i need.

Japanese ones work fine in the US. The difference is within the tolerance of the power supply. It's US to Europe where things go sideways.

Also, I don't remember for sure, but didn't the original famicom/nintendo just use a wall wart? If so, the DC output is what matters. If the OUTPUT is the same, you could use a US wall wart with the Japanese famicom, as long as the output plug is the same physical dimensions. It's been too long, I don't remember. The oldest Japanese system I have is the Super Famicom, or I'd check.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/us-to-japanese-power-conversion?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.