Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

German-mountians.jpg
    Yellowstone6.jpg
    Yellowstone3.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    Avalon-Catalina.jpg
    image.jpg
    Bryce13.jpg
    IMG_5481.JPG
    IMAG3705.jpg
    detroit3.jpg
    cass corridor 2.jpg
    cass corridor.jpg
    20141117_165055.jpg
    IMG_200472741629760.jpeg
    20141124_161028.jpg
    string-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from wellarmed:

Hi gang , i am planning a round trip to the states next year.
    Which cities should i visit and why.
    Should i buy a used car and sell it after the trip?
    I would like to stay about 4 weeks.
    How about car insurance?
    I do not want to book hotels before hand , so i think i will stay in motels on my way.
    Any recommendations appreciated.

Keep in mind--the US is pretty big. It takes about a week of constant driving to get from coast to coast. A few folks I know in Europe are always surprised at how large the geographical area actually is. For instance, if you're traveling in New York state, at its widest part, it takes about 5-6 hours to drive from border to boarder.

For a *reliable* used car, you could expect to pay around $5500-$9000 from a dealership, depending on the type of vehicle and where/who you buy from. You could of course buy one from a private seller, but these cars typically end up being projects. With an (honest) dealer, everything will have been put in working order.

For car insurance, it is typically bought as 1-year plans, but 6-month plans can likely be obtained. Two of the big-name national companies are Geico and Progressive, though there are a handful of others. It would probably be a good idea to go with a nationally-recognized company, rather than a local company since you will be traveling extensively. Depending on the type of car you might buy, a 6-month insurance plan might cost around $150-$400. But, you might want to talk to somebody about your special case.

As for what you want to see, did you just want to see cities? The countryside? Resorts? Places of historical significance? Tourist attractions? There really is a lot to see, even just in a single state.

Have you talked to any travel agents yet? They might be able to give you a better idea about what to do about a car or locations to possibly visit.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

bail bonds.
    LTG : )

Gosh, what kind of trip are you planning here?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/us-cities-worth-a-visit?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.