(Topic ID: 123420)

Pinball at airports (Melbourne, AUS international terminal as example)

By sd_tom

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vwallat99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20150403_155741.jpg

#1 4 years ago

In their international terminal after security / in gate area.

IMG_20150403_155741.jpg

#2 4 years ago

We aim to please.

#3 4 years ago

The only problem is I can't find a cash machine

#4 4 years ago

Calgary airport has a bunch too (like 12). The arcades elsewhere in the world seem to have disappeared over the years.

#5 4 years ago

I found one, spits out 50s. I have 30 min till boarding.. Not sure I can blow through that much in that amount of time (even though I am a terrible player)

#6 4 years ago

Ok $50 turned into a tube of Vegemite and $44, some in $5s

#7 4 years ago

Wow !!

$6 for a tube of Vegemite .

Are you guys allowed to take Vegemite into the U.S. ? I know they stopped allowing it to be mailed to friends we have over there .

#8 4 years ago

If you've got enough left over Tom , go buy a bottle of Bundaberg Rum from duty free .

Best rum there is !

#9 4 years ago

The biggest difference from an airport down here and a U.S. one is you're not suspected of being a armed terrorist every time you go to the airport. My anus is still aching from my last visit.

Not really, but almost...

And $6 for a tube of Vegemite? You got reemed!!

rd.

#10 4 years ago

$2 short. Damn.

I was just trying to break a 50, if the vegemite gets confiscated it is a not a great loss to me. Having come up $2 short on rum I should of bought a stick of gum though

#11 4 years ago

Sweet a different duty free had it for $3 less! Rum bought and I have $1 coin in my pocket. Victory!!

Thanks everyone!

#12 4 years ago

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi !

#13 4 years ago

Australian ex-pat living in the US. I second the recommendation to get some Bundy. I visit family annually and always bring back a bottle with me. Whenever one of my friends visits he always heads straight for and helps himself to my bottle of Bundy.

#14 4 years ago

At melb airport at the moment, no games any where in the non international areas. Walked yhtough the whole airport.

Re Bundaberg rum. I had some puerto rican friends visit oz, I made them try some and they didn't like it.

In queensland bars and pubs they have mixed with coke on tap.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

At melb airport at the moment, no games any where in the non international areas. Walked yhtough the whole airport.
    Re Bundaberg rum. I had some puerto rican friends visit oz, I made them try some and they didn't like it.
    In queensland bars and pubs they have mixed with coke on tap.

In NZ we use Bundaberg rum to clean the toilets. Jeeeez it's ghastly.

I'll stick to the Appletons. A few bucks more expensive but it's money well spent.

rd.

#16 4 years ago

Minneapolis airport has (or had) a nice collection of pins on location.

Only U.S. airport I've ever been to that does though.

#17 4 years ago

I played that ST a couple weeks ago! The Addams was having an issue, it had 30 credits on it but wouldn't start a game as it had a ball missing error. Hopefully the fixed it, the games looked to be in good condition.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Wow !!
    $6 for a tube of Vegemite .
    Are you guys allowed to take Vegemite into the U.S. ? I know they stopped allowing it to be mailed to friends we have over there .

Really? Any idea why?

We have pretty good access to Marmite here in Dallas, I've wanted to try Vegemite, but it's like unobtanium locally for whatever reason.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Wow !!
    $6 for a tube of Vegemite . .

I'd take a bite of vegemate for $6, but that stuff is so awful, you couldn't pay me enough to finish the tube.

#20 4 years ago

Providence Airport usually has a nice selection. I want to say there was a RFM, TAF, and a Mustang there in January (my memory isn't the best, but there were at least 3 machines in the one arcade on the Jet Blue/Southwest side of the terminal).

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Providence Airport usually has a nice selection. I want to say there was a RFM, TAF, and a Mustang there in January (my memory isn't the best, but there were at least 3 machines in the one arcade on the Jet Blue/Southwest side of the terminal).

Wait...wait...wait...how is that possible? The OP said that we here in the US need to take lessons. Maybe instead of saying the US needs to take lessons. Maybe he should have said "some airports around the world need to take lessons"

#22 4 years ago

I just landed in Los Angeles. I mostly care about airports in the usa that I will likely ever travel to. but yes, all airports and all terminals, both international and domestic, in all countries should have pinball. Its an excellent way to kill time at gate, even for non pinheads

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

I played that ST a couple weeks ago! The Addams was having an issue, it had 30 credits on it but wouldn't start a game as it had a ball missing error. Hopefully the fixed it, the games looked to be in good condition.

Addams was playing fine, didn't play Metallica but did play star trek. That star trek is a le or premium and I did like it a good bit better than the pro I've played on location here.

#24 4 years ago

The Minneapolis airport had a Mustang, World Poker Tour, and a Rolling Stones in one of the arcades last time I was there about 6 months ago. Great way to kill time and I wasn't mad at all when my flight was delayed.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

The Minneapolis airport had a Mustang, World Poker Tour, and a Rolling Stones in one of the arcades last time I was there about 6 months ago. Great way to kill time and I wasn't mad at all when my flight was delayed.

Terminal 2 has LOTR, Dark Knight and IJ4 as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    $ 5.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 244.99
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside